Hurricane Sandy

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hurricane Sandy

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I know that kitten1426 is in NJ and getting ready for the storm. I hope everyone is paying attention to the weather reports. If you live in a location subject to flooding, EVACUATE. I have spent most of my life playing the hurricane "game" and I know that flooding is no joke. If the storm hits your location, there is no substitute for preparedness. Plan on a minimum of three days without lights or water. During Issac, we only lost power for a few hours, but had 14 inches of rain. Flooding was a serious issue, and some people were without power for a longer time.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalHurricaneUpdates is a facebook site I monitor. It was originally set up for Hurricane Issac, but they updated it recently.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Notes-fr ... 3809381043 is a site a friend and I created for Hurricane Irene to let some friends in Savannah know about storms.

Anyway, if you are in the path of this storm, be prepared.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by Victory »

I hope everyone stays safe.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

I have a relation who lives in N/W, N.J.. Ursa's daddy is so correct, the last big storm caused severe flooding near my relation, submerging homes. Take all warnings seriously and do not think it cannot happen to you; better safe than sorry. I hope all of you and your Chows in harms way remain safe. **==
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Y'all, if you are in the effected area, be prepared. You will need food and water for a minimum of three days. You also need to fill the tanks on your vehicles now. Expect a rerun of Irene. It is indeed better to be safe than sorry.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Well I think everyone is taking it seriously in my town there are a lot of empty shelves in the stores. We have our generator primed and ready! Dog food is bought and bottled water for us all! Daughter and family visiting here with us from the south for a while. Usually it's them getting hit! Well we are securing things around the house the best we can we are in the middle phase of siding the house!!! Wonderful timing!!! I wouldn't let the workers leave until they put up the new gutters on fri..they love me( not )...Hope Sandy gets tired fast!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Rory is hunkered down...he has laid in lots of food and water. The lawn toys have all been put away. He directed all the squirrels out of the trees.

Seriously all...take care, take precautions, and be safe.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

We may get some flooding where I live, but I don't predict a huge impact here. My husband is currently at work...and while I'd rather have him home with me, if he can't get home he makes double time every hour he's there extra...so I'm torn between wanting him home and the extra money on the paycheck lol. Everyone who's going to get it bad, please stay safe.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Oh no why can't he get home?? Mine getting ready to go down there with him
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Just watching it on the news here in the UK - thoughts with you.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Well, I am looking at the news reports. Lot of mess up there. I hope all our friends are safe.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Me and my chowbabies OK....was scary for awhile and they sensed it....but we all made it
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Lucked out her in MA, only a few bits of high winds. Trees down onto cars and some houses but mostly good...NY and NJ not so lucky...hope for the best for all those who were caught up in those areas.