i want to share this very happy story of my adopted chow

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

i want to share this very happy story of my adopted chow

Post by saosin22 »

one day my boyfriend visited his friend and went out shopping, when they got home and parking the car they saw a chowchow who's wet and went over the cars door. my partner took him to the house and give him a bath, the chow has a very stinky smell, it tooks 4 bath just to clean him, and he also have lots of tangled hairs. so my partner fixed it. then after that day my bf texted me he said that he have this chow who needs home. h
e told me the story about this chow and it really touched my heart, so we started looking for his owner, but sad to say nobody knows him, so i decided to take him home coz my dream dog is a chow, now he's suffering from blood in his urine, i cant take it to the vet coz i dont have enough money, but soon that i have, i will. now chow is very happy spending time with us.
btw i named him Koch!

Last edited by saosin22 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: i want to share this very sad story of my adopted chow

Post by Victory »

Thank you for taking him in. He looks to be under weight and while he looks pretty well groomed right now, congrates BF, his coat is dull. Blood in urine that you can see is serious. Please do what you can to get him to a vet as soon as you can. If your bf or friends and/or family can help ask them too, just a few dollars each might be enough to get him in and treated. If you are in a place with a vet school call them and ask if they have any programs that can help you pay. Also contact shelters around you, explain that the situation and see if they can recommend any vets that are willing to help at a reduced price.

Hope everything goes well for you and this boy. He's a cutie.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Good things in life are not always free. Your dream Chow arrives dirty and smelly, may be an encounter with a Skunk. Now you see blood in his urine, this is not a condition you can wait to fix.
A Veterinarian may be able to work with you on a payment plan, you know the bills for care can be exspensive. The annual cost of owning a dog if you are to properly take care of it is hundreds of dollars. Your Boy friend has already helped out by getting his free gift to you prepared, can he help you with this first of what could be many visits to the Veterinarian?
Your Chow looks like a German Shepard Mix, nothing wrong with that. You might want to check on some of the common health problems that breed has, not that all German Shepards will have those problems or any other breed for that matter. If you feel owning a dog does not fit your budget you may try listing him on this site or one of the many other sites like RescueMe.org. I hope all works out for you; this is just ones persons opinion.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Victory, I think your Post is more positive and encouraging. I guess Men can be a little cold with our Joe Friday just the facts approach, but I'am telling it like it is.
saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by saosin22 »

Thank you guys for your reply... Having this chow (KOCH) is a dream come true... and I am willing to take care of this chow. 3 days of staying with him is wonderful, he's not a shy chow anymore. Oh guys... BTW I already took him to the near vet and good news, he doesn't pee with blood anymore I thank god for this wonderful gift I had and also my BF..

BTW: he's tongue is blue-black spotted.. is he a mix breed? coz he doesn't look like a pure bred to me... but breed doesn't matter to me anyway. I love this chow..

Thank you again guys....
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

That is great news, he is proving to be a miracle dog! He is a Mix, my guess he is part German Shepard. :-|
Some Animal Controls, especially in large cities offer help to people with low incomes by offering reduced rates for Veterinary care. The goal of Rescue is to get homes for the homeless pets and make sure they stay off the streets so they offer help and instruction to adopters of all kinds.
Find a program in your area if the need arises.
Good luck and keep us up to date on your new companion. :)
saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by saosin22 »

sure I will mates... and I'm sure that this chow is in good hands now..

i will try to find some guys like us who are adoptors to help others who in need..

greetings from me and my chow Koch to you guys and fellow chows..
saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by saosin22 »

i think so, wokman, but the only thing he got from german shepard is his color... coz he has all of the characteristics of a chow except the color..
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasier

Your dog is beautiful!!! :x
saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by saosin22 »

thanks sarahloo, yours is beautiful too..
hugs from me ang my chow KOCH!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Well you can now change the title of your Post to "I want to share this very happy story of my adopted Chow".
But as the link Sarahloo has found you might want to change Chow to Eurasia. I have never heard of that breed, it looks like a cross between Chow and Spitz or maybe Keeshond. The colors, spotted tongue, coat and personality seem to fit saosin22's dog. Have you heard of the Chows less known Chinese Cousin the Foo Dog?
I do not know what part of the world you are from but of the many types of dogs mixed with Chows here in the U.S. German Shepard is one I have seen most often.
Hope the infection stays gone. :D
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Thats Eurasier not Eurasia. AH HAH HAH! My careless proof reading has been causing me a few problems lately.
saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by saosin22 »

Thanks Sarahloo for the link.... I really don't know what to say but he really looks like Eurasier.. and I haven't heard of that breed before...

Yup Wokman I will change the title hehehe...

My boy still a mixed chow righht?
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: i want to share this very happy story of my adopted chow

Post by wokman »

Chow Chows Peasant Cousin the Foo Dog. They do have purple tongues. Besides hunting they were (are) a food source for the Peasants in some remote parts of China. One person in a Post about feeding said their breeder called Chows Grazers. Grazers eat grass and leaves, does that make them Cow Cows? :P
Attachments
th-2.jpeg
th-2.jpeg (8.35 KiB) Viewed 8019 times
th.jpeg
th.jpeg (6.75 KiB) Viewed 8019 times
th-1.jpeg
th-1.jpeg (7.33 KiB) Viewed 8019 times
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Likely a Chow mix, but beautiful none the less. Just love him and do well by him and you will reap the rewards of his devotion.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

He is a lucky boy - who cares what he is - just love him and get his love in return. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

The most amazing thing about this story is that a chow would walk up to a stranger and let them take them in and wash them four times....none of mine would.
I am so happy to hear a happy ending/begining for this boy. I too was going to suggest Eurasier as a breed or Keeshond which they are a mix with anyway. http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/image ... QGuj9x0Eiq
Like everyone says it doesn't really matter that much but I cant wait to see him when he is fit and healthy and up to weight with a lovely glossy coat. please post some more pics....we love photos here :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
saosin22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by saosin22 »

thank you guys for the comments...

i will soon post his photos...

hugs from
me and my koch!
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

I love his eyebrows!!! I'm so happy he has a loving home. Do you pronounce his name (coke) or (kah-ch)?

Happiness is loving a furbaby! Congratulations!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)