Granddaughters Nos. 3 & 4

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Granddaughters Nos. 3 & 4

Post by Judy Fox »

My granddaughters numbers 3 and 4 are starting their new years at univeersity.
Isabelle starts her final year on Monday at Bedford University and Bethan starts her lectures tomorrow at Aberystwyth University.
I had texts from both of them today.
Isabelle said she had managed to track her personal tutor down and has sorted out the planning for her dissertation and " Oh! by the way, I have signed up for the MEN's rugby team." :mrgreen:
Bethan told me that she was settling into her Halls of Residence and had signed up for the swimming club and she was able to continue with her ballet at the Dance Department....." Oh! and by the way I have emailed you my book list." O:)
Fred and I buy their books for them as they are expensive but we don't give them the money - we order them to be sent via Amazon. 8)
I am delighted Bethan can continue with her ballet as she has enjoyed her lessons since she was a toddler but I am still trying to understand why Isabelle and her friend Angie have signed up for Rugby practice! :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
kingalls

Re: Granddaughters Nos. 3 & 4

Post by kingalls »

=D= Good for Isabelle and Bethan! You have so much to be proud for, Judy & Fred.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Mmm! Yes I am proud of them, however I wait for the finished product i.e. a good degree at the end of three years!
Isabelle is at the start of her third year so I hope she keeps her head down - and I don't mean in a rugby scrum :lol: - and works hard on her dissertation and her finals.
Bethan is a baggage! I hope her first hear partying doesnt overtake her first year studying! :roll:
But yes, I am proud of the young baggages. :lol:
It is just the rugby team that puzzles me! :|
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

I think No. 3 and her friend have found just the right place to go shopping for their future forever home (husband), look out Rugby players your bachelor days may be numbered. :wink:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Hee! Hee! :laughloud:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

yep, it maybe about husband shopping. I have a friend who play's women's football here, it's not tag, it's touch, just like men's. And she has a really cool hubby from it. They are expecting their first child soon.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

I met my wife 27 years ago playing rugby. Tell her to have fun but to remember why she is at college.

Brutus
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Mmm! I have told here what she is there for. :)
She tells me she knows!
I actually believe her - it is just that I have great difficulty imagining her up to her ears in muck and bullets (so to speak) in boots, shorts oversized shirt etc. :? She is not s "silly little woman" but she is all girl! :lol:
I think maybe Victory and Wokman have a point. :D