50 years!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

50 years!

Post by Judy Fox »

Fred and I celebrated our Golden Wedding Day today.
We had a lovely quiet day at home with Matilda and Maisie. :D
So happy - specially as Fred has his new hearing aids and when our nephew called with his wife and two children - he could hear everything they said. =D= It was lovely to see him so happy. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: 50 years!

Post by Rio »

Congratulations Judy and Fred, awwww Fred can't pull the selective hearing on you now. So glad he can now enjoy the conversations with you all though.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Wow, 50 years not many can say they got that one under their belt! Happy Anniversry Judy and Fred and many more!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

\:D/ Happy belated aniversary. \:D/ Congratulations on 50 years and heres to many more \:D/
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you. :D

We have had a lovely weekend and we have just finished dinner this evening. I cooked our favourite - roast chicken with all the trimmings and we drank champagne!
When Fred celebrated his 80th birthday three years ago, there was a bottle of champagne left over so I brought it home and kept it for this weekend.

We had champagne flutes! :D

Over the years I have collected a full set of rather nice glasses etc. but never managed to find the matching champagne flutes but about three weeks ago I went into a charity shop in the nearby small town of Nantwich to look at the second hand books. There on the bric-a-brac shelves were 6 flutes in the exact pattern of my other glasses. I was delighted and the 6 were only £8 so I bought them, washed them and put them away! :D I tell you, it is never too late to get what you want but I was lucky as the design I had been collecting has been discontinued.

Anyway, weekend is nearly over and I have really enjoyed it. The family wanted us to have a big party but Fred and I did not want to - we wanted this weekend to be ours with no stress and it was. Our daughter popped to see us today and our nephew and his family came yesterday but the rest of the time it was just us and the girls. Funny though - ten years ago when we celebrated our ruby wedding we had two three year old chow chows - Milly and Mabel and this time, we have two three year old chow chows - Matilda and Maisie. :D
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Sounds like my kind of weekend, so glad you have had the celebration you both wanted. I would have nice quiet personal celebration than an over the top to-do.
So in another 10 years,(touch wood) will it be five one year old Chows?????????
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

Congratulations, Judy and Fred!!! Fifty years is marvelous, I hope you make it another fifty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure there were chow salutes from the Rainbow Bridge for you, too...
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Contratulations Judy and Fred! I'm glad you got to celebrate the way you wanted. That is important. And of course it's never too late to get things you want! Perish the thought. Here's to many more celebrations where you use your flutes!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Congrats to you! =D= Wow 50 years - that's great. =D= Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration and weekend. \:D/
I'm so happy for Fred with his new hearing aids - that ranks up there with getting glasses. It's surprising what you didn't know you were missing and until you get them. :)
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Congratulations Judy and Fred. =D= =D= =D= Sounds like a real celebration weekend with the anniversary and the girl's birthday. Glad you had a nice time. :D
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Congratulations Judy and Fred xx
Thank you Sweatpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Please except my belated congratulations. Lucky find on those glasses, I'd call that serendipity because of the timing. May you and Fred have many, many more years together!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you al!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Happy three weeks belated #-o; Golden Fiftieth Anniversary \:D/ :-$ :-oo :biggergrin:
Guess I was so wrapped up with the little baggage :roll: O:); in General Discussions. Heh, Heh.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Oh how wonderful, Judy and Fred!! Congratulations. My folks just had their 51st. It's a rarity in this day and age but quite an accomplishment.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you very much. It was a good day ! :D
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Happy -VERY Belated congratulations, Judy & Fred! =D= =D=
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh