dogs

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

dogs

Post by Ursa's daddy »

We have been busy the last few days. The other morning, the neighbor's dogs came down. Not too big a problem, but there were three of them, and they wanted to chase Ace, our Maine Coon cat. Now it was a rather slow speed chase, since Ace ambled from bush to bush with barking dogs following. The large dog had probably been formally introduced to Ace, and knew to keep his distance. The smaller two however, were getting closer and closer. Finally Ace went up the pecan tree, and I decided to intervene. One dog, not a big deal, but three was too many. I marched over to the tree, and the dogs started to back off. I slowly followed them being quite and determined, showing I owed this territory, and they were to leave. We marched up to the corner of the property where there is a large azalea bush. With dogs barking. I rubbed against the bush, pretending to mark my territory and kicked up some leaves. I then marched home and got the long leads. Malachi and Ursa knew that meant a walk around the property, so they were ready. They must have been watching the proceedings, because they knew what to do. We headed straight to the azalea, and Malachi lifted his leg right there where I had brushed up against it, then kicked up some grass and leaves. Way to go, Malachi. We then walked around and got some exercise. We walked around the pond, and since the storm, there is big wet area past the spillway. We jumped it, and I thought I will have to do something here. That afternoon, I went to the shed where we have some corrugated pipe. I pulled out a 10ft (3m) section and headed towards the pond. Ursa was all excited, so I thought I would go through the fenced yard and visit her. She wasn't happy to see me, she wanted to play with the pipe. When I realized she wanted to bite it and carry it around, put it over the fence and got her a ~30 inch (.75m) piece. That would be easier for her to carry. At 4" (100mm) diameter, it is almost too big for her to get in her mouth, but she did crush one end. She gets real animated if I throw it and shake it for her. First time she has really asked to play with something in quite some time.
Now Malachi has been a bad boy :lol: Every evening, Kitty calls all the dogs out one last time for a trip in the back yard. Malachi will just lay there, and I have to tell him to "go with your mother" and encourage him to go out with her. Tonight, she calls and Maggie jumps up and heads for the door. I am surprised, because Malachi gets up and starts walking. He's headed out....noooo...he goes to the stairs and heads upstairs. So I have to go upstairs and tell him to go outside. He is something else.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: dogs

Post by Rio »

You have been busy, Malachi sounds like he is being a little terror-tot. Bless him.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: dogs

Post by chowpups »

Hummm, sounds a little familiar, Bella looks at me before listening to my Husband to go out!! Like an approval " go".
But only on the last call of the night trip!!????