Posting this on here - Hope that is okay

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Posting this on here - Hope that is okay

Post by PurpleKisses »

I had posted this on a different chow forum, and was suggested to post it on here as alot of people from here may remember me, and my situation I had with my chow, Chi-Ching..... Hope it is okay to post this on here, it is a matter that is very important to me:

Alot of you know the issues I had with Chi-Chings "breeder"(I hate even calling them that) - I know how big of a mistake I made by getting him, in that I supported this idiot. I love my dog, and I am SO happy that I got him, but I am so sad that I got him from them.(For those of you that don't know, My chow is a genetic mess with ALOT of medical problems that are incurable and he is in pain alot and it is ALL due to bad breeding) I was looking up the person I am getting my next chow from (SUPER nice people), which btw, if anyone was curious, will be a while as they only get the color I want once every few years... but it will be worth the wait.... Anyway... back to my rant, in looking up some of their dogs, I found Chingers breeders new site and it truly made me sick. Some of the dogs really look sick, unhealthy sick. And they are asking like $475 for each puppy(price is not really an issue with a healthy puppy but these poor things look awful!)!! And the worst part is people ARE buying them... They have no clue what they are in for.

Take a look for yourselves....

http://rhrchowchow.com/index.php?opt...and=0&Itemid=0

Here are some pics from that page if you don't want to go there....

Those poor pups - I hope they go to very good homes, but I wish that this breeder would never be supported again - He was kicked out of AKC and should not be allowed to breed anything.

----------------------

I was suggested to post on their 'comments' section by another person - Here is my reply:

I did post on there before, It was years ago when we were still on the other chow forum. It ended up as a fairly big discussion, and I was told not to post on there again. I did not want to get in trouble for slander, or harrassment, or anything like that, so I dropped it. Now I wish I had had more of a backbone and kept it up, and gotten the word out more about them. Those puppies look miserable. Chi-Ching, I can tell now, did not look good in his puppy pictures, but because I was an idiot and didn't investigate him beforehand and also something told me I had to get him, I didn't notice it as much but he didn't look near as bad as these puppies. I don't know who to let know to find out if there is any way to get him shut down. I know that he was kicked out of AKC, and I think it was because of the conditions(can't remember for sure).... I love my boy, but I do not want anyone else having to live with watching your dog yelp when he tries to stand, or can't lay down without being in pain. Or having his teeth removed to stop them from cutting into his own mouth, or knowing that he needs thousands of dollars worth of surgery to repair his hips but since his body is so misaligned that he is not a surgical candidate for the surgery, and there is nothing you can do about it. If I can stop even one person from having to go through that, it would be worth it! They need to stop breeding.
Last edited by PurpleKisses on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Posting this on here - Hope that is okay

Post by Rory's Dad »

You may have more of a regulatory issue there rather than breeder registration through akc. if you suspect abuse of the pups or obviously genetically defective breeding, contact the local MSPCA or Animal Control.
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

He was kicked out of the AKC years ago. I am in the process of getting things going involving locals. However, my reason for posting this is more to warn other people who may have already bought one of their pups, or plan to. As well as to let people see what to watch out for and why. There are alot of good breeders, and plenty of good chows in the shelters or rescues.
Chi-Ching
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

I ran across this breeder while looking for one and from just looking at their site steered me away. I won't support or 'rescue' any dog from a byb or puppymill knowingly as it's not really a rescue when you are giving the breeder exactly what they want, which is money. I feel bad for the parents and their offspring, but the best way to save them is to report them and/or walk away.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

I feel really upset seeing those pictures - can you complain to whatever animal protection services you have in your country. Those poor dogs are obviously ill - cant believe anyone would advertise such sickly babies. Truly feel sick.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Those poor puppies, they look so sad. This breeder should have his wotsits removed!
Thank you Sweatpea
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Piff Poff wrote:
Those poor puppies, they look so sad. This breeder should have his wotsits removed!
Agreed!
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

This breeder is being talked about here:

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... 32#p197732

The price should have been a warning sign, way too cheap. And of course the dark shed the puppies exist in. Can't imagine why anyone who saw the website would want to get a puppy from there.

Also, whenever I see the phrase, 'We don't breed showdogs, we breed family pets', my alarm bells go off. Seems mostly an excuse to not get the parents tested for breed-specific hereditary diseases. Nobody needs a healthy dog more than a family with kids. So much potential for emotional and physical pain for the little ones caused by a sick pet.

Purebred puppies are never a bargain. They are very expensive, which is okay, because the breeder has invested a lot of money and, more importantly, a lot of time (which ultimately means, even more money), in them.
Those of us who can't afford these prices can always rescue and do something good in the process! \:D/
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Words an elderly animal admirer once spoke to me.
"Animals are honest; the four legged ones; its the two legged ones I don't trust!"

If you want a pet think first about adopting or rescuing. Nothing wrong with breed specific breeders but check and verify first.

I wish one hundred times the Puppies suffering on that......THING!!!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

ty for posting the info to warn potential families. hopefully people's research includes this forum. i did see some of this breeders posts on Puppyfind, and some of the photos you posted are there, but he does have one that appears to be a healthy proper pup, so its a good warning.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

These poor guys look so sad, I feel for them. Hope this "person" can be stopped from doing this to animals and humans who are wanting to help these pittyful creatures.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you Purplekisses for posting this warning. My sadness is that someone has to give those pups a home and someone is going to have to deal with all that comes after. I wish you could get them shut down and all the other scumbags like them.
I am sorry for all you have been through and continue to face with poor Chi-Ching it is heartbreaking to see our furkids in pain :cry:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

I contacted him on his webpage. Told him, if he realizes how sad and different his puppies look, compared to proper Chows. If everyone does that, he might think twice to Continue breeding unhealthy puppies. He has a guest book but not sure if that's public. Does he have a Facebook?
Best regards
Pinoy51
tabate45
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tabate45 »

I purchased my Coal Bear from this breeder. He is a beautiful dog, guess I got lucky. I also purchased Shy from him and as I've posted in the past, she was a mess. It took a week before that puppy would come near us. Remember the story about her running away from us and jumping in a pond to get away. She is still pretty skittish but is improving. She had a patellar luxation, where her knee cap would not sit and had to have an orthopaedic surgery, $1500. Her back legs are twisted, best description I can give. Hopefully she will be able to walk for her whole life pain free. If she does, I will have "dodged the bullet" again. But I would never get another dog from them again. The dogs that have been featured are in terrible condition. Oh, he has dropped the price of them since I got Shy. I paid $500 for that dog. Anyway, all in all, I was very lucky I guess. My dogs are smart, loving and healty furkids today. And I'm glad that I got Shy and gave her a good home because not everyone would have had the patience and money to put into her. Sure glad I did.

Tracey
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Thank you all for your posts... I am happy that the word can get out and other people will get to have a little more knowledge on what a good breeders qualities are. Chi-Ching has helped advocate for good breeding since we found out he had issues. He has been proof for people in dog training classes, and at other pet events to show that chows are not mean vicious monsters and can make great pets. But the biggest help he has been for me, is showing others what bad breeding does...
Chi-Ching
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

PurpleKisses, thanks for your post. My Ursa has a number of health issues related to breeding along with being very skittish, another issue dealing with breeding. Fortunately, she has not shown any muscle/skeletal issues, so I feel quite fortunate. She too is proof that Chows make great pets, and has completely sold me on the breed.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Although I have my given the guy my E-mail address he hasn't bother to come back to me.
It shows how little care this guy has for his dogs and reputation.
Best regards
Pinoy51