Slap Someone Silly

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Slap Someone Silly

Post by reddog »

Whitby does not like my neighbor’s little yappy, ankle bitter dog and will go crazy when she sees him. I think part of it is because when I first got Whitby the owner would walk Scooter along my chain link fence and taunt her. Whitby would be on her tie-out and could go to the fence and he’d be on the other side and would just stand there with his dog barking at her instead of moving along. Plus Scooter is about the size of a large cat and Whitby DOES NOT like cats. Now when I have her tied out and I’m out in the yard and see him walking Scooter down the walk I’ll go to Whitby and tell her to be good and she'll calm down a little. Last night though was a different story. I had walked her with my daughter and granddaughter down the street to the car when they were leaving. While I was standing at the car my neighbor came home and had Scooter with him. Needless to say, my neighbor isn’t the brightest crayon in the box or he does it for a cheap thrill. He saw us and still got out of the car and started walking towards us. I said a quick good-bye to Kasy and Elyse and started to walk towards my home – too late Whitby saw Scooter and she started to do her jitterbug dance(connected with a gentle leader and leash) and I had a wrestling match on my hands because he kept walking behind us until we got home. Did you ever want to slap someone silly? :-x
Last edited by reddog on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Slap Someone Silly

Post by Rio »

On a daily basis reddog!!!!!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear! :-x Just ignore - people like that just don't need you to waste emotion on. Just carry on talking to Whitby. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I would start a loud dialoge with Whitby, whereby I would tell her, "yes I know girl, the extremely stupid man and his genetic mistate of a DOG, (said with all the contempt I could get in my voice) should be really happy that there are laws protecting creatures like them from being put out of their misery on site. Or you would be having small dog and human for your next few meals..."

then I'd tell him point blank...you let your mutt tease and antognize my chow when she was a puppy and she remembers and doesn't like him. i don't like him either, it's your fault you created this situation. Now keep your dog away from mine, or I'll pepper spray you both anytime you're in range..

Then I'm not a nice person....
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

i agree...my conversation would be along the lines of, No Rory you cant eat the oversized rat he will upset your stomach, who knows what welfare allows them to feed that thing.

In Rory's case, he would probably mark the thing anyway. Then that would open up a whole new line of comments.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Ahh, I so remember wanting to slap my neighbor who bought a little white scruffy thing and it fit between the bars in our fence and would leave her yard and come in our yard and poop and taunt Nikki. It also would steal shoes from the back door in the garage and when I'd tell the owner your cute little fluffy just ran off with my sneaker she'd say Oh, she never takes my shoes I don't know what you mean..and walk away.. I'd want to not just slap her but take my other sneaker and wing it at her. Thank goodness she moved shortly after scruffy had the whole neighborhood upset with her antics.. Heres hoping your neighbor moves too...
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

I'm with Rory's dad, when we run into those idiots with their little yappers (seriously, small dogs need training too, no matter what the owners say it is not cute to have a poorly behaved dog just because it is little :roll: ) I tell Cocoa to ignore them, they probably taste awful and will upset her stomach. :lol:
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

now there lies the rub. if as chow owners we allowed that sort of behavior they would be chasing both us and the dog with torches and calling for a hanging...

Cocoa is absolutely correct without really even saying it. There is a double standard. Just because a toy dog doesnt pose the injury danger that a Chow or a PB poses, people think its ok to not train them. Owners who fail to properly train behavior are irresponsible regardless of the breed.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Thanks Rory's Dad, I absolutely believe it is every dog owner's responsibility to ensure that their dog is trained and socialized regardless of breed. There was an incident in my neighbourhood yesterday where a very poorly trained terrier bit a pit bull. The terrier was showing aggressive behavior but his owner still walked him right up to the pit bull and they were very lucky that the pit bull was a well trained and socialized dog and he didn't retaliate. There are several small dogs in my area that we avoid because of their aggressive behavior and most of their owners think it is funny. :roll: I'm not saying that all small dogs are like that, just that you are more likely to see a lack of proper training in the small ones and it is always the owner's fault, not the dog.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I have got to agree with Cocoa,
it is every dog owner's responsibility to ensure that their dog is trained and socialized regardless of breed.
Now we have three ankle biters, and I understand how they are a problem. However, because of them, my two ignore yapping dogs when they are out. It took a trip to the vet for both the rat terrier and the yokie before they learned that aggressive behavior wasn't a good idea. Ursa just gave a warning nip, not hard, but enough to break the skin and require a round of antibiotics. Female against female. Bit, our latest, is a male Chihuahua mix, so Ursa hasn't doesn't see an issue with him. Now she will poke him with her nose which offends him and he goes nuts, but Malachi just loves him because he will play chase. The two get to run around the yard, and I am not sure who is chasing who.