Forums

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Forums

Post by wokman »

In the past I have referenced ChowChow.org forums for answers to my Chow questions. Having only starting posting earlier this year I have recently noticed that I and others are asking and answering posts for varying subjects concerning training, health and grooming on the General Discussions forum. In the past I have gone to the forum with the general heading of the subject I was looking for to find an answer. Many good answers to subjects that might be of concern to someone may be missed because of being discussed in the General Discussions area.
Maybe refer the person asking the question to the forum that best matches the subject for your answer/suggestion. :?
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Forums

Post by Sirchow »

Wokman I agree there are lots of helpful previous posts under the heading of health, training and grooming issue that have been previously posted and it is def worth putting your topic in the search at the top of the page. I think as well sometimes people just want an individual answere with support for them personally. There is a wealth of expertese and knowledge on this site and posters just need to sift through it for the angle that best suits their outlook on chow training. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I tend not to go throught the entire forum, I just check for new postings and also un-read posts. If I am looking for something specific I just search a key word and usually find what I am looking for.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Thanks Sirchow and Rio for opening both my eyes. Ah yes the search box. The General forum is a great place for its high activity level and variety of subjects. If I did not answer this in the Quick Reply I would have included the appropriate "Doh!" Smiley Face.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Thank you for addressing this Wokman. This rendition of cc.org began with only 4 sections (General, Community, Chows in Need of Homes and Chows Wanted). The other sections were created later to support the subjects that were being discussed. The General Discussion section for the most part is being over used. It would be ideal if members would post in the appropriate section and for what they were created for. While this forum is moderated, it can be daunting for the moderators and admin to have to move subjects here and there because they were dumped in the General Section for various reasons (because people think it has the highest volume of viewers, because they don't know better, because they are too lazy, the list is endless). When we are down a couple of moderators, it's difficult for the remaining to keep up moving the topics that should not be in the General Discussions to their appropriate sections. This is too bad because if members would just be mindful to post in the appropriate section, it would make the forum more productive. Often really good topics that belong in the General Discussion become buried because (for the lack of a sensitive way to phrase it) it is dumping ground for posts.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Could you clarify what is meant to be in general because I for one dont really know and I have been a member for a while :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
sugimoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sugimoto »

Sirchow wrote:Could you clarify what is meant to be in general because I for one dont really know and I have been a member for a while :D
Why? It's simple. Browse the sections. If what you post does not fit into any of the sections then post it in the general section. Simple. Health belongs in health. Food and treats go in nutrition. Pictures in the photo gallery. Just takes a moment of your time.