Dog language

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Dog language

Post by Sirchow »

I was just upstairs and I heard a strange dog bark downstairs. I didn't recognise it at all and then I thought "Thats Alfie" and in a second I knew although I never heard him do that bark before what he was telling me. Last week he got stung by a wasp on the mouth really badly and his bark said "come now, problem and I cant handle it" I tore downstairs and he was standing completely stock still in the kitchen not moving one muscle. I found the wasp and disposed of it and then he danced round me like "i knew you would sort it". It is so touching how dogs believe in us : ) Also it is amazing how if you live closely with your pet you know what their language means even if you never heard it before! :)
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Dog language

Post by chowpups »

Alfie is such the male protector of the gang!!! I do remember hearing Nikki when the ground hog was in her yard and she too had a pitch I had never heard or wanted to hear again either!!!! I would have much welcomed a wasp at that point!!!LOL Darn thing wouldn't leave!!!
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

It is amazing what they can tell us, if we choose to listen.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is true - but we have to listen and watch. Matilda and Maisie talk to us constantly as did Milly and Mabel. They will come in from the garden and get us to go out with them if there is anything unusual going on - and they are never wrong. They have slightly different ways of talking to us. Matilda grunts and harrumphs a lot but Maisie says a lot of "Uff Uff awuff Uff" kind of noises with just her lower jaw moving up and down but the top part of her muzzle still. She can get quite intense and insists on being listened to. We always do listen and respond, bless them. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Simba's language is very clear too.
Dark voice barking something strange seen, I will go and sort it out.
Dark voice grumbling something strange heard not sure what it is.
High pitch bark need help or want to come in.
High pitch single bark I'm bored can someone pay attention to me
High pitch low voice (crying) I'm scared.
There more meanings to his language if he "talks" to the other dogs instead of us.
He Never misses to amaze me.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Those all sound familiar....dog language is pretty much universal :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.