Futile but what the heck!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Futile but what the heck!

Post by Rio »

Yes I know this seems like a bizarre post but thought I would go ahead anyway.
For any of the Americans that have been affected by the recent power outage and horrendous storms not to mention the rather hot temperatures, I hope that you have all come through it in one piece and your lives were not too badly effected.

Welcome Back if you had no power. =D= =D=
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Futile but what the heck!

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Thanks Rio. While I am one of those doing rather well, I am working in Dallas-Ft. Worth, I can tell you that it is hot. I am drinking 4-5 liters of Gatorade a day. Since I am from the Gulf Coast and have experienced many hurricanes, I can identify with the problem of no electricity and lots of storm damage. To the people out west with the fires, my heart goes out to you.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Yes, sending prayers for all affected by fires, heat waves and storms! we were down the jersey shore during some whopper lightening storms and wind ,the whole house was up and checking out what got hit at 3 am it wasn't us but the house close to us . Mother nature sure has been acting up lately??
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Glad you came through it safely Ursa's Daddy and Nancy...Scotland is going to seem a bit Wintery when you get here in a few weeks Nancy. Summer has by-passed us completely. Just rain, rain, rain......I am water logged :( Stay safe everyone. The weather is scarey this year :shock:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Sirchow wrote:Scotland is going to seem a bit Wintery when you get here in a few weeks Nancy. Summer has by-passed us completely. Just rain, rain, rain......I am water logged :( Stay safe everyone. The weather is scarey this year :shock:
That will be just fine the things I want to see the most are right inside your door, no rain only chows ( And the rest of the clan too)
Just went out to water the plants and had to jump in the pool to cool off after 10 minutes it's so hot..but I shouldn't complain I still have electric, it went out for 12 hours but it's back! And we are comfortable !
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

We in the midwest seem to just be caught in unrelenting HEAT at the moment, everyday the heat index is in the high 90s or low 100s. It looks to continue the same for the rest of the month. We may get severe tornados if it continues into August our tornado month....

I fear for the crops though, with all the fires, rain and heat, I worry that food prices will escalate because of shortages by the fall.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Looks like the U.S is having a bad run of it this year, heres hoping things will get better,Best wishes to you all.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

We have electricity, and no storms came through nor are we in a fire track, but as my sweet Haley stated a bit ago, it is hotter than Satan's ball-sack. Her words, but sadly accurate. We will break 100 today, we NEVER get that hot. It has been in the mid 90's all week. The pups are lazing in the house. Dillon has discovered the beauty of a fan. He will walk by the one currently on me and pause there...cheeky fluff. Even the beloved screened porch is too hot to leave open for them. Dillon loves laying out there for the night. Of course, the kiddie pool goes untouched. I made Dillon step into it, and he was NOT amused!