Unsure

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Unsure

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Unsure

Post by Tippsy'smom »

No one here is trying to bash you, or make you leave (and a few of us are on the other chow site).
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Would be nice if you could share some good stories or up-dates on your chowling. I am sure everyone would like to hear some positive posts. You need to try and re-set the tone. You said you were not new to the Chow-Chow; maybe some good past experiences.

I would also like to add that when you bring Chow-Chows into this world you need to make sure they go to good homes if that is your intention. But sometimes we have to put responsibility before our own needs.

Take a look at PetFinder, you will see the most sad Chows, some ill treated, some that the owners just can't contend with their temperament and just drop them off at a shelter/kill shelter. All were once just little fluffy balls of innocence, their end is not their fault. That is what breaks my heart.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

:roll:
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Has nothing to do with this post, really, but for some odd reason, my breeder posts on Puppyfinder. I know we were lucky to find them there. In my opinion, they do a nice job selecting parents for both breed standard and for temperment. They recently has a couple litters, and that is how we found our Rory. I think we would be getting a 2nd pup from them is the litter didnt come from the same sire.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Out

Post by Rio »

When exactly did I give you the idea I had an issue with you being around?
I would also appreciate you not posting PM's on the main forum.
I have never once said I had a problem with you, and I believe I apologized if you thought my comments were in anyway deemed as bullying, OH No you conveniently deleted that posting.
You private messaged me, and I responded in a private message.
I couldn't truly care one way or the other whether you stay or go but quit bleating on about it, get over yourself and post things that are relevant to the forum.
If you want to harp on about hurt feelings or other such things goto Facebook.
Now that you may find offensive but you decided to post a PM.
I honestly couldn't give a Hoot. ;)
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Last edited by Chowmomma on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Out

Post by Sirchow »

I have stayed out of this so far but it seems that the boards are being manipulated here to forget the issues and come out in sympathy. When someone posts facts and those facts are answered by people who are concerned for the welfare of the chows then that is the reason for the forum...we cant all just ignore the things that worry us and make it all fluffy and cute and nice. And we can only answere those facts we know about at the time. I believe Rio did apologise and explain she didn't mean to cause hurt. I think this is getting way personal.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

I found the "other" chow site Rory's dad is talking about. That bashes this site. It is the same site you are also talking about here on this thread and this post of yours finally made me to go look for that site. I wonder why you are saying on the other forum that people here is not as nice as the people over there and that you are glad to have found them and yet here you are, trying to make us all feel bad by your posts. Isn't your daughter got bashed there big time while you didnt hear a similar one here with the same post copy pasted? Someone here correctly assessed that you put your daughter in a bad light. Then you said she is nOt like the evil animal torturer - when it is you who made her look like that.
By any chance, have you been diagnosed with any psychological problems? I thought you have. there i said it.

If you want some considerations from people, please be considerate yourself. We have enough problems of our own you know but we managed not to shove every one of them to people's faces and ask them what they think when all we wanted is to be flattered and would not care a damn or even listen to what they think.

Honestly? I think getting a pregnant chow so you can experience it one time Just one time without regard to the future is crazy when you already have chows, one injured, one bit your daughter, plus your grandchild who is so fragile she needs all the attention she can get from you. Had you not posted a few threads regarding Zahra and asking for donation or any help from people here by sharing the link you provided, you might not have received the admonitions/advises you have got as we would have been unaware of the financial trouble you are in. It would have been different. The responses.

People here have said sorry to you and yet you managed to insist on the perceived negative comments you thought we all said. I guess the nicest thing some of us here did is to keep our silence until now.

I think people here are more circumspect in views and because thanks to you I found the other site, I think people on the other site can be mean, a lot meaner than people here. They want you to kick your daughter out, no one here suggested a similar one if I remember right.
Now I know my post will generate more sobs from you and more angry posts. I am sorry but I have to tell you stop acting like a 10 year old please so we can keep our sanity also.

P.s.: If ever i am correct that you do have some psychological condition please tell us if that's bipolar, manic depressive or depression, so we can understand you and be able to deal with you. If I am wrong, what I said above is my say. Again sorry for not being blunt.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Cam Atis wrote: ...
By any chance, have you been diagnosed with any psychological problems? I thought you have. there i said it....P.s.: If ever i am correct that you do have some psychological condition please tell us if that's bipolar, manic depressive or depression, so we can understand you and be able to deal with you. If I am wrong, what I said above is my say. Again sorry for not being blunt.
Tomato *I'm American so I spell it with a 'c' :wink: ", you really should apologize to Chowmomma regarding the above quote. Do it via PM. She deserves that respect. While it comes natural to you, please don't be so clinical. Why? Because it's none of our business. Unless it is something she would like to share (a few have in the past), it is none of our busness. If the mods were to hardline it, it would be considered a personal attack. Wait until you have to hold the paw of the chow you've raised and kiss it one last time, then you'll know the sorrow that is still in her heart and where she is coming from.

Chowmomma, please stop posting and then editing your post with symbols.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Sorry, it won't let me delete them so I just added dots

Sent from me, Chowmomma
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Thank you for that, I held her till her last breath, I remember holding her the whole way home as a puppy and the last ride to the vet I held tight knowing it was last time .....16+years is a long time with a baby so precious

Sent from me, Chowmomma
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

I can certainly appreciate that last ride. Kodi was 12 when his hips got so bad i had to carry him outside. Teddee was 9 when he had a second in a series of seizures that left him so confused he didnt recognize his family and was very actively aggressive towards my 14 year old daughter.

Felt we were done with dogs. Didnt really want the work or responsibility that goes with it, but at the time my wife and i both worked. My daughter didnt ask for a new puppy, but did ask who would protect her when she was home alone. That did it for us.

We decided we could have nothing but Chows, and were so lucky to find Rory.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

See that's me....always a chow

I've searched for other forums, but only one other Chow one

Sent from me, Chowmomma
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Am sorry for ur loss as well...it hurts like no other pain

Sent from me, Chowmomma
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

That's funny cause I had a black chow when my kids were little and I always told them that if for some reason I didn't make it home before them after school, I told em stay by Alex no one will hurt you.

Sent from me, Chowmomma