Hi ppl

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hi ppl

Post by redangie24 »

Long time no see. How is everyone today?
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Hi ppl

Post by Rio »

Hi Red I don't believe I have had the pleasure,welcome back. Where did you go? ;)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Hi Angie! What's shakin' in your neck of the woods? Your girls must be so big now. Are you crrently under the blessed supervision of a Chow Chow? I hope so. Ivana would be a hard act to follow, however.

I have 2 Chows and an old Australian Cattle dog mix...well, the old girl is Haley's. She moved out and adopted, and then promptly moved back, bag ang baggage. I still have Lily, and I am currently fostering another cream named Dillon- D'Lion, when we are being fancy. Those are my clif notes, next you are on tell us all the news!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Hi Angie. Good to hear from you again. How are things? Your daughters have to be a lot bigger now, we need pictures.

Do you remember Steel's owner? Her oldest daughter just went to prom.

I'm fine, just moved to a new place with a patio and a small wooded area about 10 feet away, it is connected to a larger wooded arean and ther are all kinds of critters in it. Firesong and Dreamdancer are especially interested in the wild turkeys and the deer!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Ty Rio I went into my little hole in my little planet. ;)

Auddymay how are you? It must be crazy busy at ur house. Give ur babies lots of hugs for me. Your right my girls are HUGE aged 7 and 10 now. Both of them are in the gifted program. We had to move from the old navy housing to the airforce housing at Keesler. Its been nicer since I don't have a neighbor with 10 kids that are out of control. I don't have a chow right now. I did try to adopt a beautiful cream boy early last year. However it didnt work out. I got him at the Humane society they told me he was great with everyone and kids. However, after I brought him home I found a different picture. He was fine with my youngest daughter, but when my oldest came home he lunged at her and tried to attack her. I had to pull him off but not before he got a good bite into her leg. Once I returned him about two hours after I brought him home I found out the ppl that surrendered him said he had bitten a few times before. But I heard that he was adopted a few days later to an all adult home so I assume he is doing good these days.

Then in October military housing was taken over by a private company and they do not allow chow-chows :( it sucks because I really really really miss having a chow companion. I have had a chow by my side almost my whole life and now that I am ready for a new friend some stupid rule is keeping me apart. lol not that I havent thought of just getting one and telling them its a teddy bear coated shar pei! lol.

Victory steel's mom Chris? Nope doesn't ring a bell. lol JK of course I remember her. It's great to hear from you. I bet your babies are loving the wooded area. I would too and I am just a human not an awesome chowling!

Here is a pic of the girls at 6 flags Maryland

And a picture of us on Seseme Street!

Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

You know, Sesame street could use a chow.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Agreed...or 10 lol
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Shoot, now the song is in my head...cute photo. Now that you mention the biter, I do recall something about that Chow. So many Chow stories. It sounds busy here, but not really. Dillon comes from a busted puppy mill in Georgia. You may have heard about it. Google for April 2011, or visit the Chow Chow Rescue of New York to get the full story. He is as close to feral as any Chow could be. Non-violent, but he hates being touched, and that's all we want to do! He has a mill-mate, maybe brother that TLC Rescue has. We are arranging to have him come for short stays here as well. I understand he is even more skittish than Dillon. Lord help us then!

My husband died in December. He had a long illness that beat us all down. That was tough, but we are getting through it. Last spring he had his daughter get him a Pug puppy. Now that was chaos! After his passing, Connie went to Brian's ex-wife's home. She is happy as a Pug in sh1t there, spoilt beyond words...lol. See, it pays to befriend ex's. We got Dilly right after Connie left, and the rest is history.