Poor Harry

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Poor Harry

Post by Fozzbear »

Poor Harry. My cat is currently grounded too - he went out fighting (even though he is the tiniest cat in the world, he thinks he is a lion) and got an infected cat-bite. He now has a shaved back and an open wound about the size of a 10p (for the British amongst you). The vet says that he has to stay indoors for the next 10 days!!! He is living in the conservatory and kicking up an almighty and very loud fuss. It is going to be a long 10 days ......
(Btw, when I called the vet, he immediately thought that my cat had been savaged by Humphrey, my new chow puppy! Tut! Was very pleased that it was clearly a cat bite and poor harmless Humphers was vindicated!).
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Harry is not doing too well. I took him to the vet last Monday and we saw a new young lady vet who was not very pleased with his wound. She put a cone shaped collar on him and told me it had to stay on for a week and not to let him out. Harry kicked up one hell of a fuss in his carrier.
Anyway when I got him home and let him out of his carrier he went berserk - jumping and leaping and sommersaulting all over the sitting room and I am sure that was not doing his leg any good.
In the end we took his collar off and he sulked for a couple of days.
He is still not happy with us and it is difficult to even get a look at his would. I have managed to get some intiseptic ointment on it several times and I have the plasters over my arms to prove it!! :roll:
He has to go back on Monday - if I can get him. :shock:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Awww Harry, mummy is trying to help you, hope his wound gets better soon Judy (and his attitude) Good Luck, Raggie hugs from my lot.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Cats are so different from canines in their responses to being controlled. I hope he gets with the program, for his own good.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I think Harry has turned the corner and is getting better. :D
When I got up this morning he was fast asleep on his back on my chair and as soon as he heard the girls and me he got up and wanted some food which he ate with gusto as soon as I put it down.
Then when I had had my breakfast and was sitting down with a second cup of tea, he jumped up on my knee and slept for over half an hour while I read the morning paper.
When I picked him up to put him down off my knee, I sneaked a look at his leg and he let me and I was pleasantly pleased to see it looked so much better than yesterday.
I was supposed to take him to the vet for a check up this evening but I had already decided after discussing it with Fred that I was not going to bother. Fortunately he was not around so I was able to telephone the vet and say I could not go in.
I did not want to upset him again putting him into the hated carrier .
The receptionist said that they do want to see him again but I am not going to upset him if his wound continues to improve. :D I will keep a careful eye on it but I think it is just a matter of just getting better now.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Well - good newes. Mr. Snelling the vet who operated on Harry has just telephoned to tell me that the lab results show that the lumb was benign so we are happy about that. He asked how Harry is and checked he was walking well on his let and so on and said I don't need to take him in again unless I am worried which I don't think will happen as Harry's wound is healing beautifully. :D
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Such good news all round Judy. What a huge relief about the lump.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

This is a picture of Harry's wound a few days after his op
and this picture I took today when he was lolling in the sunshine on my neighbour's car.
He is so much better again today thank goodness! :D
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Good news for H. He reminds me of Sneaky Pete, my mom's old tom, in his markings. The only difference was Sneaky was gray instead of black with his spots.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

So glad to hear that Harry's doing better and that the lump was benign. That's great news. =D=
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you both - we have had a lovely day here today and Harry has just lolled about with the girls.
He is talking to me again and coming for a cuddle and winging for food so all in all I am much happier about him, the little tike!