Sirchow

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sirchow

Post by Hugo »

Hi Sirchow,
Please update the puppy pics, I'm having witdrawls. When you get a minute of course they are keeping you very busy (with all the cuddling).
x
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sirchow

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you for asking I will try to do it tonight...not so much busy with cuddling I am only getting about two hours sleep a night and I dont know why but the babies are just not sleeping at all. If anyone can make any sensible suggestions I am very open to hearing them...
They sleep seperately from Izzie cos she has very little milk and they litterally make her cry with frustration as the keep annoying her to feed and she will lie on the floor whimpering. They are on five big solid meals a day last one at around eleven o clock and they are pretty much house trained. They are growing and putting on weight but just scream and cry all night it feels like. They are quite happy to be seperate from Izzie in the day and we let her in at regular intervals to feed during the day and night. They have food left down for them during the night. So I cant see why they sleep all day and scream all night :(
I am totally exhausted.... :cry:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Is it maybe the transition from light to dark that they don't like? Some animals just don't like or understand the dark! I have never bred dogs so I cannot be of any help, so sorry you are sleep deprived, how old are the babies now? And without putting too much pressure on you I have to agree with Hugo, more pics please (when you can focus and aren't cat-napping) Hang in there it may be just a phase that all pups go through. Wish I lived closer I wouldn't mind babysitting ;)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am willing to try anything so I will leave them a night light tonight Rio. Thank you for your suggestion. They actually had a night light before so Izzie didn't stand on them when they were tiny. I wish you lived closer too.
They are five weeks on Sunday :D
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Crikey five weeks already, where has the time gone? Poor Izzie, she sounds like such an excellent mummy. When we had ( or rather our Queen did) kittens, she made her self so ill trying to constantly feed her babies, we could not get food in her fast enough! She was eating maybe 10 times the recommended amount for her size and it still wasn't enough to produce enough milk. Keep your chin up Izzie before you know it they will just want mummy to climb and chew on.
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

I've only had 2 sleepless nights from the entropian surgery, so my sincere sympathy to you. Forget the pics and sleep when you can!
Wish I lived closer too, I would babysit. Loved to pic of the 2 lil' girls eating. Sleep well.

When you are rested though, maybe a couple of pics... please.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I have posted some in the "They're here" post http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... 8of2VL7Uvs

I slept so much better last night as my daughter brought some milk substitute home with her (she is a vet nurse) and they had two of their late feed with milk added to it and it seemed to satisfy them so much more. I know Izzies milk is slowly going...she hasn't really had much all the way through and the infection from retained placentas hasn't helped. So it looks (fingers crossed) as though I am on the right track. I also left them a wee night light too :)
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Glad you and the pups had a better night, I have had my puppy 'fix' now, I hope all the new owners will join the forum and post pics of the little darlings growing up.