Zahra

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Zahra

Post by Chowmomma »

http://www.giveforward.com/zahrassurger ... locatedhip

could you please pass this on to other chow friends?
My little Zahra is only a year old and has a badly dislocated hip due to a fall, was told she has dysplasia, she came from a wonderful breeder and her parents hips were both checked, she is the only puppy out of 3 litters to have any issues.

I just lost my 16 year old chow the day after Easter and am still trying to find my wits about me, let alone the financial burden, anything you can do to help would be so greatly appreciated even if it is to share this link.
I have also posted it on this site's FB page
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Zahra

Post by bellachow »

You might also ask your vet to accept donations and include his information for people to pay the vet directly (something I noticed on facebook). I guess there are people out there that have been scammed by others using the guise of a sick pet. I believe you are just trying to help your baby and will be sending a small donation.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

I posted this link on my Vet's FB page as well....I have been posting it like crazy on FB pages...
thank you sooooooo much

They have her on pain meds but she is not using her leg at all....
Breaks my heart ya know.....
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Zahra putting a little more weight on leg today which is good, I was worried that if she isn't using it at all that she will lose muscle mass...so far today a good day...hate the waiting :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

OK so lil miss is outsmarting me....I have tried pill pockets, I've tried peanut butter, crushing them up in people food and she will not eat them...got her to do it a few times but seems like the harder I try the smarter she gets and she needs to have her pain meds until she can have surgery

Any ideas??

Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Put the pill into the back of her throat, close her mouth for a second, and she'll just swallow it. No muss, no fuss. It's a reflex and it works great, with no stress for anyone!
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Tried that and she started foaming at mouth, miss drama lol

She is using pill pockets now lol

Did u see my new addition?

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

We have to give Ursa daily pills. Like Sarahloo said, we just open her mouth, stuff the pill as far down as possible, close her mouth, hold it closed and wait for her to swallow. The fish oil caps we give like a treat. Malachi expects to get something if Ursa gets something, so we make them both sit and wait, them offer the cap after they comply. It works. Now you can also wrap a pill in a slice of cheese. Basically, what ever works is what you do.