Things just suck today...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Things just suck today...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

This morning I was on my way to work, and I got about 15 minutes from home, I stopped at the red light at the intersection by the high school I graduated from, and when I got a green light I started to go... Well, this woman in a silver SUV from the turn lane across from me turned out in front of me! And it was already too late... I hit her in the passenger side back door... I know it's her fault because I had the green light, but I'm pretty upset. It ruined my whole day (as I'm sure it did her's...)... Most of the front end of my car has to be replaced (bumper, right headlight, right fender, grill, and my dad said the hood needed to be replaced...) but it's not as bad as it could have been... I've only got minor bumps and bruises, nothing broken...

And on top of this, I called my boss this afternoon to inform him the doctor told me I couldn't go back to work until at least Friday, and he fired me... I HATED that job, but I was gonna do my best to stick it out until I found a new job, but he got really ugly about it (first this morning when I called from the doctors office to inform him I was in a car accident and beat up bad enough that I didn't think I'd be able to go in today and then this afternoon when I finally got out of the doctors office and told him what they said) and told me "don't bother coming in, we're letting you go." :evil: I'm so angry, I just wanna scream...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Things just suck today...

Post by Rio »

Chin up, nothing broken and maybe you will land an amazing job that you love. No excuse for your boss being a total d-head though. Find a pillow and scream til you can't scream anymore then grab a spoon and big tub of ice cream (ice-cream is allowed if you have boo-boos) Hope you heal alright without too much pain and feel better soon, hugs from England, and sloppy doggie kisses from Rio ;)
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Rio's advice is ok, but I would prescribe chocolate syrup to go on top of that ice cream. :)
Kiss the dogs a bunch. All will really like that. I know it doesn't help for me to say that you are just one of many in this country that have gotten a raw deal in the job market. I have been told the same thing, and it doesn't really help. It is just really tough times right now. Insurance going to cover your car?
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

That does suck! You poor girl. Take it easy and cuddle all those dogs you have, they'll cheer you up.
Thinking of you.
Hugo and Michelle.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Jess,
You’re right – that sucks!

So sorry to hear about you accident. I’m so glad you weren’t seriously hurt and your car can be repaired. As for your boss firing you. Talk about kicking a person when they are already down. Sometimes I wonder about people. /:)

I second both Rio’s & Ursa’s Daddy’s advice. Plus I suggest you put whipped cream and sprinkles on top of the ice cream and chocolate syrup. :)

Take Care
Pam
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I am sorry Jess. That does indeed suck. Any company or boss that would fire someone even a brand new employee for being at the doctor's after a traffic accident is not worth working for. I'd add strawberries to the chocolate and ice cream. Cuddle up with the pack for a bit and watch your favorite DVD.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Jess, I don't know if any of this helped cheer you up, but Victory and Reddog sure made me smile. Malachi and Ursa send kisses.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Jess, so sorry you had such a rough day, but cars, jobs and a crappy boss all can be replaced, thank goodness you weren't hurt more..Sending you a monkey hug....go listen to a good KU cd...and hope your body aches all go away quickly..cuddle up with those fur babies that will help.
Feel better soon..

Nancy
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank y'all. When I got home from the doctors office I curled up on the couch with an waffle cone of double fudge brownie ice cream and Todd and watched a couple episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD before I fell asleep. :lol: My mom kept Dixie and Jazz outside and in the basement most of the day because I was in and out of sleep due to the meds the doctor put me on. I've managed to fight sleep most of the day but still just stayed mostly curled up in bed with the pups. Even though, Dixie's not realizing that she can't play with me like she's use to... But the boys are being easy on me. They said the pain would get worse before it would get better, and I'll be glad when it subsides...

And I'm over the fact that I lost my job... My best guy friend is trying to help me get a job at Books-A-Million (he works there and they're hiring). Plus I've already found 2 other places that are hiring, so I'm staying hopeful that I'll find something soon. My brother and his girlfriend are trying to help me get a job at Waffle House even (they both just recently got jobs there thanks to Taylor's uncle being the manager at one of the local ones).

This is the damage to my car... Once it's repaired I'm thinking of asking my dad if we can have it painted a different color, 'cause he has a friend who has a body shop. :lol:
Attachments
536719_357131337680825_100001518855932_969586_1048820019_n.jpg
536719_357131337680825_100001518855932_969586_1048820019_n.jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Jess
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh deary me Jessie love! That was awful and just what you don't need! :(
But - chin up - cuddle the dogs and remember the old adage - "When one door closes, another opens!"
I can't do anything for you - wish I could.
So, just cuddle the dogs. [:D]
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thank you Judy.
Jess
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Hope you're feeling better Jess. Trust me you don't want to work for a boss like that, hopefully you will get one of the other jobs you are going for and it will be way better.
I love your new avatar, what a lovely picture of Tippsy. =D=

Take care, Karen