Bark in the Park

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bark in the Park

Post by TyChowgirl »

Yesterday, my county (which has become really dog friendly) hosted their yearly bark in the park and this year we could go! Needless to say I came back quite burnt (polish skin wearing off, english skin showing it's true colors I guess!) and Ty exhausted, but we had a great time. There were two off leash areas for big and small dogs. In each space there were also agility courses set up you could try with your dog (I shamelessly got Ty to jump through a few hoops, weave, and jump over the bars... though he got bored quick and can't jump very high lol he knocked over the bar even at the lowest setting!), there were doggie artists, vendors, music, and food. We saw one cream chow leaving off in a distance and I thought we'd be the only ones there. Lo and behold whilst walking around the vendors, what do I see but two chows?! So we run back to the off leash area and I hear "IZZIE!". So naturally, I introduced myself. I got to meet Jackie, Izzie, and Titus in person (and husband :) ) What a delightful surprise!

What beautiful chows! And all so different, but no less stunning.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Bark in the Park

Post by chowpups »

What a wonderful day...and to get to meet another chow person and a fellow ccorg person..you were really doing good.. Love the photo of them.. and love seeing them out and about with all the other dogs too.. (and humans)..
Great job..
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Thanks Nancy. Jackie (Theo) messaged me here a little while ago saying she lived about a half hour away. It didn't dawn on me to ask if she was going to go to it. But we ran into each other anyways! Her town doesn't have a dog park yet, and mine are a pain to get to or get in...so we haven't tried the whole chow play dates yet. Now there's a walk and wag in October and I believe something at a vineyard near by called Howloween...so perhaps we'll meet up again and anyone else who's near by!
The other picture I got of yesterday. Ty figured out that if he stood in the pool, his feet would stay cool, keeping the rest of him fairly cool. Not to mention access to water to drink. I was suprised he was so willing to do it, being as he avoids puddles these days...but I think he saw other dogs doing it and gave it a shot. Must not have been too terrible lol
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I can't be too far away ,Iam 25 min from My place to Pa-MD border, but Iam so use to traveling to NC that time doesn't seem like anything to me to travel. Maybe by then my life will be ready for a pup by then...
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Oh Nancy :( I hope so. And when you are, we'll all get together.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Love that with Ty and the agility course. I took my two to watch agility trials and told them to take notes, because I wanted them to try it. They gave me this "whatever" look and sat quietly for quite some time, showing the participants that chows can be distinguished. Of course they thought it was a bit booooring, and decided to tussle and we had to walk that energy off. Love the pictures and would like to see more.
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

What beautiful dogs you all have - love the fancy collar-thingy on the chow at the back of the photo.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Ty looks like hes telling that other dog "Don't even think your putting your paws in MY pool till Iam done". Love the stance ..
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Ursa- I had to climb through the hoops first (and they were the lowest ones) and then tug him, and he'd jump. I tried the teeter totter, and he got half way up and was like...uh...no. And then back to the bar, I jumped and he jumped with me...and it's knocked over. Okay, lets try again...and it's knocked over. Okay, well there's clearance on the ring...once..twice...and he lays down with a huff. Eh...nevermind. Clearly not your thing.
Fozz- That's Izzie. It's my understanding she has a lot of those and loves to wear them out in public ;) But you'd have to ask Theo.
Nancy- That's Ty stretchhhhiiinnngg to smell the poodle. Mostly I think because it ran up to the pool and then halted to a stop which threw him off. He did share the pool, he just didn't care to lay down in it...and well, if it got crowded he was happy to give them space lol. But it is similar to his "back off!" stance. Except then his back legs are out, chest and head is up, ears pitched forward and strong. He's usually not making happy noises then either lol. Very proud looking.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Oh, where is this...i wanna go. i would share the foot pool too. Conformation shows can be so stuffy, Rory just wants to hang out with his Chow pals and relax a bit at the spa. Actually, Rory is fine...it me.
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Lol Rory- MD. We have a lot of dog friendly and dog oriented events down here. And it's warm haha. (maybe too warm for some of us...boy do I miss the snow :( )
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

TyChowgirl, LOL with the climbing through the hoops. That is what I would have to do. My wife and I think it would be really funny to see Malachi weaving his big butt between the poles. It sounds like you all had a great time.