Assistance needed

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

peterquinn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Assistance needed

Post by peterquinn »

Good morning,
I wonder if any of you may have a digital picture of a pure bred short haired adult chow?
I've scoured the net and can only find pictures of long haired chows.

Reason for asking:

We have an 11 year old chow cross which we rescued in 1994 whilst living in Hong Kong.She travelled with us when we moved to Dubai in 1996.
Now we are retiring back home to Vancouver (Canada) in July and intend to bring our 2 dogs and 2 parrots back with us.

We have run into a problem with the airlines here which have chows on a banned list, along with other pug nosed breeds because of possible respiratory problems.
Our dog is only part chow and does not have a pug nose.
I want to try and prove to these people that a pure chow is far different from our own by showing them comparative pictures, and to find someone with enough common sense to recognize the difference.

If anyone can assist, would be very grateful as we are not leaving the old girl behind. I'll post her picture once I work out how to do it.
Many thanks
Peter Quinn
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Hi Peter:

The longer haired chows are called rough coats. The shorter haired chows are called smooth coats. I don't have any pictures, but located a website that maybe you can take pictures from:

http://www.lohanchows.com/SPSCC/

If you do a search for smooth coat chows you should be able to find more sites.

I'm glad to hear you won't leave her behind. Best of luck and hope it all works out. Good luck on the move. Hope this helps. :)
Jennifer & Sheena
peterquinn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by peterquinn »

Many thanks Jennifer & Sheena.
The pix are helpful and I'll keep digging.
Regards
Peter
peterquinn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by peterquinn »

Jennifer & Sheena,
The smooth coat versus short haired terminology was the key, and found lots of material.
Printed out various pix and convinced the airline.
Therefore the old girl will be on her way in about 3 weeks or so.
many thanks again for your assistance
Peter
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

I'm glad I could help and you were able to find a way to convince the airlines. Well done Peter!

I am sooooooooo happy you can travel with all your family of pets together! Much health and success for all your family on your trip back to Vancouver. :D :D
Jennifer & Sheena