Chows in Need--urgent, see links below

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

woof
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chows in Need--urgent, see links below

Post by woof »

Not sure if this has been brought up before. There seem to be a lot of Chows in California (particularly southern california) in need of help. There are several that are scheduled to die TODAY.

Pls go to

http://chowsinneed.com/

and like them on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chows ... 9080655957
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chows in Need--urgent, see links below

Post by PCC »

Wish I could help. :(
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

Just because you dont have room for another chow or money for donations doesnt mean that you cant help...you can help by sharing the chows in need with your friends via facebook or email and by asking them to share.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

How beautiful they all are!!! :x
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

bump
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

I'm bumping this site again. Seems like so many Chows, and seems like more Chows are added by the day. Los Angles is a bad kill shelter area.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Me & Tess wrote:I'm bumping this site again. Seems like so many Chows, and seems like more Chows are added by the day. Los Angles is a bad kill shelter area.
Any Chow that particularly catches YOUR eye? :wink:
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Mongo (Monga) caught my eye. She looks so sad. Some days when look - I just start crying - I am pretty close to making a decision about moving on. I don't know why there are so many Chows in the Los Angeles area. (Thank God Tess found us). I hate the San Bernardino shelter - it looks like a concentration camp. I think of the scene in Rambo where the police are hosing him off with a high pressure hose. I think they do that to the dogs & Chows. It is pitiful!
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Me & Tess wrote:Mongo (Monga) caught my eye. She looks so sad. Some days when look - I just start crying - I am pretty close to making a decision about moving on.
She is a black beauty!!!

I think the last step of moving on can only be accomplished by letting another dog in your life and your heart. Only the new dog can complete your healing process!
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Bump again.
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Bump again. The names keep changing as they keep adding more Chows. Some have had the fortune to be rescued (to a rescue), some are put to death. So many Chows in California. This is so sad. This could have been Tess' fate, but we got her before "they" did. She was a wonderful girl. I wish that those looking for a Chow pup would think seriously about adopting a shelter Chow - they have so much to give.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I wish that those looking for a Chow pup would think seriously about adopting a shelter Chow - they have so much to give.
That is for sure. I am thinking about a road trip today to visit a chow http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater. My wife would probably not approve, but, with three chows, I can have a warm place to sleep this winter :D
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Today, Ursa, Malachi and I went to see Teddy. My wife isn't too keen on adding another dog to our pack. :( Teddy is a sweet boy and seemed to do quite well with my two chows. Ursa, my female is not very happy with dogs smelling her, and she actually was very easy on Teddy, so I took that as a good sign. If anyone can give Teddy a home, please do so. He has all those wonderful qualities that those of us who love chows can really appreciate. For those of you that have never had a chow, this would be the dog to teach you about chows. They take a while to warm up to a new home, but chows are really wonderful dogs. He is a great dog that deserves a good home.