Scary night...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Scary night...

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Last night, I was getting ready for bed and all the dogs started barking (we have 6 in our household, my 3 plus my mom's yorkie and Chihuahua, and my brother's pit/rott mix puppy). My 3 were in their kennels in my room, my brothers puppy was downstairs with he and his girlfriend, and my mom's dogs were in her room. I didn't know what was going on, but I knew something was up for my 3 to be barking in their kennels... My mom knocked on my door, and told me my car alarm was going off. So, I grabbed my keys and went to her bedroom window to turn off the alarm. All the dogs are still having a cow. I though Jazz and Dixie were going to break out of their kennels. We were all downstairs at this point, had all the outside lights on (front porch, garage/driveway, and back deck/back yard), and we were walking from window to window/door to door trying to see if we saw anyone/anything but we saw nothing but one of the neighbors cats... And I KNOW it had to be someone trying to get into my car, my alarm doesn't go off unless you pull on the handle (when it's set), so just touching my car won't do it... If that were the case, I wouldn't set it because the cats like to get on top of my car... But I didn't sleep easy at all last night... And Jazz didn't settle down either... He stayed on guard all night (which would be why he's sleeping on the foot of my bed right now)...

But I also know there was SOMETHING/SOMEONE in the woods last night... I took my 3 out for their last potty break around 10:30-ish and Dixie and Jazz were paying a LOT of attention to the woods. I heard leaves crunching on the ground, but couldn't see anything. And when whatever it was got TOO close, Jazz and Dixie started growling and pulling towards the tree line, so I pulled them back to the house... Poor little Todd just stayed as close to me as possible...

So, last night was just not a good night...
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Scary night...

Post by Ursa's daddy »

That is what I like about my dogs. They will let anyone know that this is not the place to visit after hours.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I love that about my dogs too, but sadly, it wasn't the dogs that drove the person away...
Jess
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Someone's creepin' in our woods again...
Jess