Dogs of the Titanic

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Dogs of the Titanic

Post by kingalls »

Interesting story on Yahoo today:

http://news.yahoo.com/dogs-titanic-unto ... 00569.html

One particularly sad story involves a Great Dane owned by 50-year-old Ann Elizabeth Isham. Miss Isham visited her dog at the ship's kennel daily and when she was evacuating, asked to take him also. When she was told the dog was too large, she refused to leave without him and got out of the lifeboat. Several days later, the body of a woman clutching a large dog was spotted by crew of the recovery ship, Mackay-Bennet, and dinghies were dispatched. Eyewitness accounts by crew and ship's log confirm the sighting and recovery, and the body recovered is assumed to be Miss Isham.

a very different frame of mind than the family that would abandon their pet in a foreclosed home :(
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Auddymay

Re: Dogs of the Titanic

Post by Auddymay »

Just yesterday, I read in a Parade Magazine that only 3 dogs lived, and 2 were Pomeranians. That really is a great example of pet love and loyalty.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Dogs of the Titanic

Post by kitten1426 »

There were two Airedales on board that are very famous even in the movie you see them..I forget the name of the owner but he was a big wig on the ship i think he went down with the ship and his dogs too....The reason i know this i have an Airedale...2 chows and a collie...Im on an Airedale forum and they were just talking about it there too....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida