Books about chows..

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Books about chows..

Post by trry »

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing a book on chows. Basically a book that will allow me to learn my chow much better and take better care of the little guy. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: Books about chows..

Post by Victory »

I think you'll find more real first hand information right here on this site, or on the http://www.mychowchow.net/forum.php Or use both. People on both these sites actually own chows, and have a lot of experience wth them. Most important is if you don't know how to train your chow, (if you've never trained a dog before, or never trained an independent breed like a chow) find a class and take your chow with you. Even if you only need pointers or want to learn a bit more find a class. Also read everything about bite inhibtion etc. The grooming section and health sections will help as well. And if you have questions; ask.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Before I bought Tiberius, I not only found and referenced this site...but I also looked online on the AKC webpage, wikipeida, etc. as well as went to my local library. They had a few books that I read cover to cover and got a few from library loans that I also read. I've been meaning to purchase the ones I have not read on amazon since they're usually pretty cheap used...haven't gotten there yet. But I also did a lot of research into dog obedience and basic training and kind of went from there just on how to bring up a good puppy (the chow books generally have that too), but yea. If you don't mind shipping and stuff, amazon has a lot of chow books that shouldn't be too pricey used.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

The Chow Chow Club also has some online information and some book recommendations.

I think their web address is Chowclub.org

Like TyChowgirl, I also look on Amazon to check book prices. A lot of times they are less expensive for the same book, even if you choose to purchase it new.

Yvonne
Brandon's Mom - even now that he's at the Bridge.
trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by trry »

Yeah, I will take a look. What about that chow chow dvd I saw on youtube. I am not sure the name but there was a video out there. Has anyone seen it and is it any good?