Life just keeps getting harder

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Life just keeps getting harder

Post by reddog »

Hi Victory

Did you get scheduled for the technical interview yet? You said you have another interview on 2/28 - fingers & paws crossed here for you. :)

Have you moved into your new place yet? So glad you found a place for you and your furry kids!

Think positive thoughts "I'm going to get the job"

Let us know how the interview goes.

Again fingers & paws crossed for you!

Pam
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

We are now in our new home. I'll post pictures later of the chowdren's new favorite place. I'm going to have to invest in window cleaner...they really like the patio door and ALL the stuff going on out there...hehehehe.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

Just read about the new apartment, Congratulations! sending prayers you way that you get the job. Afterall, as my husband says, we have to keep those chows in the manner they are acustomed :)
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

So happy to hear you have moved into your new abode. =D=

WOW! a patio door for your chowdren. \:D/ I bet they gave you "paws up" big time.

I know what you mean about needing window cleaner. Whitby loves the windows in the upstairs bedroom where she can look out onto the street or onto the playground. She also likes to stand on the stairs and look out the window in the entry. Her all-time favorite "window" is my full-glass front storm door. Talk about nose prints on windows. :!:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your chowdrens favorite new place.

How did the February interviews go?

Fingers and paws crossed for you on the subject of getting a job soon. Please keep us posted.

Take Care

Pam
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Febuary interviews went fine, just didn't pan out. I had some in March that went real well too, but with 4 people for every job, it's just taking some time. I had a phone interview last week, late last week, that went well. I might get in there for a face to face this week. Now that I'm moved I can devote more time to looking...which I'll start again on Monday.
Thank you SweetPea!
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

I know what you mean in regards to jobs being hard to find and then be hired for. Just a thought - you mentioned that your birthday is just around the corner - maybe you'll get a new job as a birthday present.

Fingers and paws crossed here for you
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

I had another good face to face interview today with a recruiting agency. So many companies use agencies these days, at least where I am and in the IT market. I also have an interview at an actual company next tuesday, it's only part time, but it will get me back to work, which will help a lot. So here's hoping, maybe things are soon to turn around. It would be nice to have a new job as a birthday present.
Thank you SweetPea!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

A face to face is good. All I do is fill out multipage forms that are apparently looking for specific key words that I am not using. The agencies are everywhere. Part time is at least a start.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Fingers and paws crossed for you Victory. We will fly the Canadian Flag on Tuesday for you!! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Good luck Victory. I never realized how hard it is (in your place ) to find a job. I know it is odd to say this but because I am an employer and truth be told, I find it hard to find prospective employees who are devoted and productive and has the will to learn and STAY long enough to be honed. I dont go by agency hiring. Just odd that unemployment rate is so high in my country yet we small business (employers) find it hard to hire good dedicated people.
Again, good luck and hope your interview goes well.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Victory

Happy to hear about your upcoming interview on Tuesday. Hoping it will turn into a birthday present by you being told you are hired. :)
Think positive. Maybe it will work into a full-time position
Fingers and paws crossed big-time for you.

Did you get the window cleaner for the patio doors yet?

Let us know how the interview goes.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Good luck on your interview Victory, I'll ask Cocoa to cross her paws for you.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Good Luck for tomorrow Victory - Fred has the flag ready to hoist tomorrow. :)
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Any news to report?? Hope it's good!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Nope didn't get that job. I also went to another interview on April 30th, didn't get it either and got in a car accident on the way home, The job was in St. Paul which is a nightmare to navigate, I got lost, overly stressed and got in the accident, so I'm glad I didn't get the job, I really didn't need the drive everyday or the stress. Spring, Summer and Fall is known as Street Repair Season in the twin cities, so the roads turn into total messes, makes navigating horrible. Anyway, I'm going to concentrate on getting a couple of Microsoft certifications to help me be more marketable. I don't have any right now, but if everything goes through the way I'm hoping it will, I should start the classes for the tests on May 22 and have the Certifications by the end of the month or the very beginning of June.
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear - so sorry Victory.

Chin up - something will come up for you I am sure. [:D] [:D]
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Wish I still had some contacts in Minneapolis for you, Victory. I know the HR and Accounting person at the Grand Hotel and at the Holiday Inn but I don't think Hotel's is what you're looking for. I do, however, think it's very wise of you to get those certs under your belt and on your resume. My friend, Paul, has pretty much every IT/Computer certification that's out there (he has a mind like a sponge the dirty-rotten-bugger) and when he was job-hunting he would place the cert logo that was appropriate to the position to which he was applying on his resume. ((I think they still give you the official logo once you get the cert.)) That will go a LONG way in assisting your job search. Hang in there!!! {\o/}
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Well, it took one entire year and 26 days, but I am finally employed again. I have a new apartment which I happen to adore, (so do Firesong and Dreamdancer btw) and now a honest to Betsy job.

When my unemployment ran out a month ago it got really scary and I was trying to figure out how I was going to fit the three of us in the car. But now we will be okay. =D=

Thank all of you who have sent good thoughts and wishes our way.
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so glad to hear everything's looking up for you Victory! :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

So glad to hear you have come out from under the dark cloud. I was unaware of your position and admire you for not giving up. I now see that even in your darkest days you did not ask for pity and gave advice endlessly to help others with their companions needs. People like you are an inspiration to others as are all those that gave you support and encouragement.
Abby =D= Zoey =D= Leo =D=
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Victory - I am just so happy for you, I really am. :lol: =D= =D= \:D/ \:D/ [:D] =}=
Well done and love and hugs for the future. x x x x
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Happy Dance!!! That is so FABULOUS!!! Woo hooooooooo!!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Congratulations Victory, I am sure it is a huge relief to you. Wonderful news. =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Tippsy'smom wrote:I'm so glad to hear everything's looking up for you Victory! :)
Thank you Jess. Yours is coming I'm sure. Just stay positive and try doing some volunteer stuff, it helps keep you feeling like a worthy person.
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Victory wrote:
Tippsy'smom wrote:I'm so glad to hear everything's looking up for you Victory! :)
Thank you Jess. Yours is coming I'm sure. Just stay positive and try doing some volunteer stuff, it helps keep you feeling like a worthy person.
Thanks! I went to animal control and the humane society over the weekend, but they told me they didn't need anymore volunteers... :? And I asked our vet when I was there last week to get Todd's nails trimmed if she needed anyone to help take care of animals in boarding but she said she doesn't use volunteers for liability reasons... But I think I'm gonna check with the other vets and the doggie daycare/rescue (Praying for Paws is run in the same place) and see if they need volunteers or are hiring. It would be nice to do something with animals.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix