What do you use for grooming your chow?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowchow186
Rank 0
Rank 0

What do you use for grooming your chow?

Post by chowchow186 »

Let us add to the list

1.Me: Slicker, Pin, Wide and fine toothed combs, Undercoat rake
(planning to buy a greyhound style comb and a comb to detangle his fur behind the ears, any suggestions?)
[/img][/list]
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

That works for me.
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

I'm sure many will frown at my bath regimine.
However I know it works. I lived in the flea capital of the world, Miami, Florida. You cudn't hide from them, they lived year round. I worked at a vets office for nearly 1 year & he was more of the holistic type. He advised me that he bathed his dogs w/ Pert for kids. There is something in Pert that fleas don't like, I have no idea what it is? I use the 2 in 1 conditioner, tear free formula.
They get a bath, rince, towel dried & to preserve their coats & keep them somewhat tangle free I spray Infusium leave in condition. I work it into their coats using my hands & massage them at the same time while praising them for behaving. Let them dry & brush them out. Once I started using the Pert, I have had not 1 flea issue since
1996. Of course they get Frontline as well, however I have said goodbye to fleas.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I bathe my pups using tear free hypoallergenic baby bath/shampoo. They I blow dry and brush with a standard two sided bristle/pin brush. I use the pin side first then the bristle. I also use a pick to go through before I brush. Then I use either Isoplus or Pink (spray not lotion) which are oil moisturizers for black ppl hair. (Works wonders on mine and my daughters hair as well since she has curly hair and even though I get my hair straightened it is still frizzy and that takes care of it). Then give a treat for allowing me to clean her. :D
Have a Chowfastic Day!!