RIP Angel

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

RIP Angel

Post by kingalls »

Rest in peace to our neighbor's Rottie, named Angel. Angel was a victim of owner neglect. Everyday Angel was put out in the backyard and chained...no human interaction...Sometimes the dad would sit out back to read and totally ignore Angel's barking for attention. At night Angel was put into a wooden crate. I think the moron neighbors heard something about crating a dog and they got a wooden crate from his work...and that is where Angel spent her nights - in a crate with no windows/lights, etc. Despite contacting the local Animal Shelter - the only thing that was changed for Angel was that they changed up the 6 ft leash for a longer tie out where she would at least have some room to move about. Prior to the longer tie out, Angel got herself tangled up in her short lease and was whining. The neighbor (wife) said she would have to wait unti her husband got home because she couldn't handle the dog.
So, so sad...the local animal control couldn't or didn't do anything despite our call. I think their position is that the animal had the minimum needs - food, water, and some shelter.
Rest in peace, Angel...we hope you are in a better place now.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: RIP Angel

Post by Dogdad »

How sad, I just so would like to chain them out for a week alone and ignored. Run free Angel, your pain is over
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

So sad. I don't know how people like that can live with themselves. Hopefully she is at peace and running free. :cry:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Absolutely - so sad. But she is in the Happy Hunting Ground now and no more pain - just love. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)