I Rescued a Human Today

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Mountaindogs
Rank 0
Rank 0

I Rescued a Human Today

Post by Mountaindogs »

Somebody sent this to me today and it brought a tear to my eye. Thought you all would enjoy it.

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY.

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: I Rescued a Human Today

Post by Judy Fox »

Aaaw! that is so good! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

everyday my precious chowkids, JR and Cheyenne RESCUE me.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

This is very true. Sometimes I think we need them more than they need us...they are truly our saviors at times.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
avianaL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by avianaL »

Oh, that was a really nice story. My chow chow always rescue me in every way he can. I was even thinking to enroll him in some
obedience classes just to try if it will help him to be a better chow chow. So if ever I have to bring him in some public places I would not have a hard time commanding him. But I'm worried that it will stress him out. Anyway, I really like the story, it does touched me. Great post.