My Christmas Present!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

My Christmas Present!

Post by Judy Fox »

A couple of Christmases ago, Zhuyo's Mom sent me a Christmas present. When I opened it, I found a chart for a Xstitch picture and when I looked at it from a little way off, I could see that it was a chart to stitch a picture of Milly and Mabel. At the time I had several projects I needed to complete and then I started to have the flare up of arthritis that made me so ill for the second part of last year and the beginning of this year and I was unable to do any needlework as my hands were so swollen.
Anyway, I am now in the position where I can stitch it.
It is great fun and I can begin to see the design taking shape. :D
I think this is Mabel's muzzle and it is going to be great fun as the design grows and I see the finished picture. Fred is very impressed. The design promises to be lovely and it uses 41 different colours. It appears to be a close up picture of Milly and Mabel and will be very precious when it is finished. :D
When I had taken the picture of the actual work, Fred then took this one of me stitching. :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My Christmas Present!

Post by jacqui »

Beautiful Judy! I can't wait to see it when its finished!
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I will take a picture of it when it is finished. I have had the envelope with the chart stowed away carefully and I have been waiting for a lull in "have to" stitching. I am so enjoying doing it and watching the design grow. :D
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Oh wow! I can't wait to see it finished. It is already looking really good. What a fantastic gift too. I love it.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh Judy!!! I can't wait to see this one finished....I LOVE IT!! What a beautiful gift Zhuyo's Mom =D= Do you have to wait until it's finished?? Would love to watch the design grow as you do it??

Thanks Sweetpea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

That's a beautiful Christmas present! I can't wait o see it finished too! But I do agree with Vicki and would lov to see how it progresses! :D
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

My picture is coming along nicely. I have had to put it to one side over the last few days. I am stitching a present for my granddaughter Jessica's 21st. birthday at the end of September. She has always loved ducks so I found a cross-stitch design of a clock with baby ducklings round. It is pretty and I am sure Jess will like it. I have the motor and the hands but I still have to buy a clock frame and glass for it. That will be Fred's job, putting it all together.
Anyway, I have taken a picture of my Chow Chow picture as it stands at the moment.
I thought the face I am doing at present was Mabel's but as it develops, I think it is Milly's. :)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

That is just beautiful Judy! Great job! :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".