Gulf Of Mexico (non-Chow)

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Gulf Of Mexico (non-Chow)

Post by vicster605 »

I don't know if anyone is paying attention to the oil spill in the Gulf Of Mexico?? PLEASE say prayers that they get it STOPPED today. Don't know when B/P will try something else if it doesn't...... Hundreds of thousands of gallons of oil has been gushing into the Gulf EVERYDAY for over 35 days now
Cry for the sea life and wildlife that are dying.....it's a HUGE LOSS to us all. You'll soon be seeing lots of dead animals, sea life and birds on the news. If your not angry you really should be.

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Gulf Of Mexico (non-Chow)

Post by Dogdad »

I saw that it didn't work, What a disaster for everyone involved especially the wildlife, I hear the dispersants are making people sick, just imagine what it is doing to the sea life and animals. If there is a hurricane, more will wash ashore, but maybe it will help disperse it more.

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

This hurricane season is supposed to be very active... Doesn't matter anyway, they have enough oil & disperants out there to kill the wild life and sea life for a decade if not decades to come.
That dispersant that B/P is using was BANNED in England 10 yrs ago....It's TOXIC to humans, wild life & sea life!!I have yet to figure out WHY they are letting them use it by the hundreds of thousands of gallons, spraying into the air & water??? The workers are having to use respirators now. What good is it doing??? The only thing I've heard is it hides the oil under the water instead of on top making cleaning it up almost impossible!!! I wish I knew the answer to that????

Thanks Sweetpea!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

It is obvious that BP doesn't care one little bit about what they did. I think they should be told they can't do business here anymore...and fined big time, I mean a billion dollars or more, I want to see them hurt, really hurt.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chris

Post by chris »

a billion??? WAY MORE THAN THAT!!!! I can't even belive they didn't have a back up plan to begin with if this happend... AND, I don't think this is the first time this has happend with them in the past 10 years. How are you guys holding up? What a disaster. :-(