Harry Met his Match!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Harry Met his Match!!

Post by Judy Fox »

This morning, early - about 5.00 a.m., Maisie and Matilda woke us up woofing and barking. We realised that they were barking at a noise outside and as we listened, we thought the noise was a magpie making a racket. I told them to go back to bed but they continued to bark so I got up to go and see what was wrong.
I unlocked the front door and looked out. As I stepped out a female blackbird flew off from my right, screeching like fury and landed on my neighbour's roof. I looked down to my right and saw a baby blackbird hunched up on the path underneath our bedroom window. Then I saw Harry scrunched up between two plant pots. At that point he shot past me at the speed of light into the house.
I checked the little bird and then came in as it seemed unharmed.
I locked up again and Harry was standing in the sitting room trembling in his paws - hair on edge - obviously terrified. I think he was getting a beating from the blackbird mummy.
The noise the adult blackbird was making was tremendous and I have never heard such a noise from a bird of that size before.
Two pictures here to show where Harry was and where the baby blackbird was. Blue ball for Harry and pink for the baby!
Harry was tucked right in between the two pots.
I went back to bed for a while and when we got up Harry was tucked up asleep with Mabel no doubt hoping she would protect him from the blackbird!! :lol:
We checked on the baby bird and it had gone so all was well. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Harry Met his Match!!

Post by vicster605 »

Poor Harry those birds can be sooooo visious :lol: Better tell him they are supposed to be afraid of him??? :lol: At least he found a nice safe place to get away from that Mummy bird. I think if something were after me that I would snuggle up with Mabel to
Such a sweet pic

Thanks Sweetpea!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh, Harry we're having a terrible time with black birds too. I don't remember ever having so many around our house and annoying.. Nikki has her eye in the sky almost all day watching them.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Poor Harry, those blackbirds can terrorize a cat!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh