When to expect Huff's adult coat?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Kellyluvshuff
Rank 0
Rank 0

When to expect Huff's adult coat?

Post by Kellyluvshuff »

Hi everyone! Thank you for the kind words a great advice. My husband Dan and I are getting to know Hufflepuff more and more every day, and he's learning about us too!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me when his adult coat would begin to come in. As I've said in my other post, he's a chow/lab mix, but his coat is definitely looks like rough chow. Hufflepuff is about 15 weeks now, and I thought we should expect changes around 10 months or so, but I couldn't seem to find any info online about it.
Can't wait to send pics, we should have them soon. Boy is he a doll baby, and my mother swears he looks like an ewok! I'm not sure I see the resemblence
:wink:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Don't worry, his coat should start to come through soon - I worried about Milly when she was a baby as she seemed to keep her very dark baby chowling coat for what seemed like ages - then all of a sudden her big chow girl coat started to grow through and she became a chow!
I am no expert, mind, just my two girlies to go by!

Enjoy your boy! :)

p.s. There was a note on the 'Chows need a home' part of this site - a black boy in Dublin. I looked at the picture and was set to drive to Holyhead in Wales to boat over to Dublin - wrong Dublin!! :? It was the one in California!! :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Kellyluvshuff
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kellyluvshuff »

:lol:
Good thing you figured that out! Talk about really going out of the way! I went to see him and boy is he a looker. Quite a handsome guy! I wonder if my husband would notice if we adopted another? :twisted:
debbie and bones

Ewok??

Post by debbie and bones »

You tell your mom that I have often thought my chow boys look like ewoks! Can't help but squeeeeeeeeeeze them because they are soooo cute.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Well, I suppose you could try - men can be a bit dim sometimes - you could always act innocent and say he just wandered in¬ :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)