Meet Mahayana

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Meet Mahayana

Post by Elaina »

About six weeks ago, our family decided that we wanted a second Chow to join our family. We decided that we wanted a female Chow over age 3 to be a companion to Max-A-Million, our sometimes rambunctious 1 year old Chow. Our seach would use area pounds and rescue agencies. One day while surfing the 'net we came across a beautiful red 3-4 year old Chow. She was it! The family, including Max-A-Million (who gave three whooohooos) decided that she was the one. But....the article was almost 1 year old. :( No way would such a beautiful creature still be in rescue. Oh well...the search continued. A few weeks later, again surfing the 'net, we came upon the same website. Yes, her pic and bio were still there. Hmmmm? We called the rescue and toward the end of the conversation, I mentioned the Chow on the website. She was still there! :lol: We immediately put in our online app and made an appointment to visit her.

Mahayana was living on a beautiful small farm about a 2 hour expressway drive from where we live. She originally came into rescue because she was abused by a cruel owner. Rescue adopted her out, but the owner died unexpectedly. She was returned to rescue, where she was when we met her.

Once we got there Max was allowed to run free in the large fenced in front yard. He was having a great old time, when Mahayana made her appearance from the nearby kennel. She was simply beautiful. Max stopped running and walked up to her. Mahayana immediately hissed at him and smacked his nose with a paw. Max jumped back in surprise, held his position for a moment, approached her again, and then licked her face. She gave a low growl, but she allowed it. She then sniffed Max, gave a hrmmmph, and turned away to chase a squirrel that wondered into the yard. Max followed and they have been together since. We called Mahayana over to us. Both she and Max ran over to us. I bent down to give them both a hug and got two Chows giving big purple kisses. Thank goodness I didn't have on make-up and had paper napkins in my purse to wipe up the Chow kisses! Yup, we took the little lady home that same day. No way would we leave her behind.

So everyone...I'd like for you to meet the newest member of our family... Mahayana! It has only been a few days, but we couldn't ask for a better addition to our family.
:D :D :D

Elaina, Max-A-Million, and Mahayana
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh! Elaina, isn't it wonderful when it happens like that!
I am so pleased for you and I am delighted that the two get on and that she now has a home and someone to love. Aren't you the lucky one though - purple kisses even - very rare in the Fox household! I have been getting some little tiny purple kisses just lately though as I have been out a great deal, busy with our General Election here on The Island. I expect they will stop now I am in and not jazzing out all hours of the day and night!
Milly and Mabel have been puzzled and I got fussed when I returned but after even a day or two, their attitude is "Oh! you are back! Hmmpph!" when I pop out to the shop!
Anyway, I am sure Max will love company.

And purple kisses from M & M.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)