Fred's Birthday

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Fred's Birthday

Post by Judy Fox »

Tomorrow is Fred's 80th Birthday and yesterday afternoon we held a "Luncheon Party" for him. We managed to keep it secret until the very last minute and as we arrived at the venue, supposedly just to have a glass of wine with Carolyn, Louise and Jess , he cottoned on that there was something more afoot.

It was a difficult afternoon for us but as it had been booked for months and family had decended on Crewe and Nantwich from down south, up north and from Wales, we decided to go ahead. If little Milly Ching had survived her operation and come home, we would have had to cancel at the last minute as we could not possible have gone a left her.

In the event, we did enjoy the afternoon and all our guests did too, even though all the family were saddened about Milly.

He had his cards and our niece in Wales had asked if she could supply the birthday cake.

He had his cards and the one below is priceless!! :lol: This was from our nephew and his wife and children.

Tomorrow,we will just have a little celebration here at home and then on Tuesday morning, Rhiannon and Isabelle are going home and so are Anthony and Bethan.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Auddymay

Re: Fred's Birthday

Post by Auddymay »

Happy Birthday, Fred! Here's to many more.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Happy Birthday Fred
Fantastic card from the Nephew.. Hope you were able to enjoy alittle and take things off your mind for a while..
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Happy Birthday Fred and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as you could!

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you. Fred did manage to enjoy the time.

Our niece from Wales asked me several months ago if she could provide the cake and Fred was tickled pink with it.

It tasted good too. :)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Judy, I am glad your family had a chance to celebrate the good things in life during your time of pain. Happy Birthday Fred

David
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Great card and cake!

Virgo to Virgo -- Happy Birthday Fred =D= =D= \:D/ \:D/ =D= =D=
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Happy Birthday, Fred! Many Happy Returns! [:D]
I love the card & cake. So sweet. :P

Leonora, mum & dad
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Happy birthday, Fred! Sounds like you had a good day in spite of everything.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chris

Post by chris »

Happy Birthday Fred! :-)
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Happy 80th Birthday, Fred =D= What a great card and beautiful cake. I know your hearts are heavy with the loss of Milly but I hope you had an enjoyable time with family and friends.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Sorry I missed this. I am glad you had a good day and it took your minds of Milly for a while. Cake and card are great. Happy belated Birthday Fred! I know it will be hard when everyone goes off again.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you all.

We did have an enjoyable time. However, I dropped a clanger!! An absolute whopper!!

We have six young great- nephews and great -nieces who, naturally, were at Fred's party and they had a wonderful time. They had their big cousins to talk to and play with them and nice party food (which was absolutely delicious and well presented) and the youngest who is not 1 yr old yet was having a ball with Isabelle and Bethan playing with her on the slide in the play area which they had all to themselves.

Then, towards the end of the day, when the champagne had been served, toast drunk, cake cut and Anthony's little speech, young Alexander, who is 5 yrs. old went to his father, our nephew and asked if Uncle Fred was giving party bags out!! :shock: :shock:

Oooops! :oops: I did not even think. I had covered everything - booking, confirming date time etc., buying champagne, sending out invites and so on - and all without Fred even having an inkling about what was being arranged. =D= =D=

But - I forgot that when small children go to a party, they have their party bags to go away with. I had not even given it a thought!! Leslie was very amused when he came over to where we were sitting with Fred's RMP blokes and their wives and told us what Alex had asked. I was shocked as were the other three wives but one of the men came up straight away and told Leslie to tell Alex that the party bags were coming on Uncle Fred's actual birthday which is today. So this morning, Isabelle and I popped into town and bought all the necessary bits and pieces and have them ready to take round. :lol: :roll: \:D/
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

many happy returns Fred hope you both enjoyed your day xxx =D= =D= =D= =D= love and best wishes from cumbria xx
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Ha! It takes a young one to think of the important things about a party, like take-away party bags, LOL!!

So glad you had something wonderful to celebrate - Happy Birthday Fred!!!
Mia
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

HAppy belated Birthday Fred!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY Fred. Hope you flew your flag high.
I know you will never forget the party bags again, no matter the age :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!