long-A letter from Maxine, 6 months at home

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

long-A letter from Maxine, 6 months at home

Post by Dogdad »

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been so quiet lately but I have been so busy with things around my house. I have been living with my parents for 6 months now and I am very happy but they keep me so busy. First of all I have to tell you that my parents call me a terrorist and that I must be friends with AL Kaida and that is why homeland security put me in vector control. I have no idea what that means, I forgot a lot of what happened to me before I came here but I think I went to a special training school and studied home security. I am trying to be a really good guard. I guard all the time, I try to get up at 4:00am and patrol the yard to make sure no one has been there at night, I also do 2 neighborhood patrols so I can see if there are any suspicious things I should bark at or scare away. Just this morning someone posted a big sign at the corner. I had to slowly approach it to make sure it was ok for my dad to approach it. The other day I thought I saw a big snake in the yard and barked at it to make it go away but it was just a branch, you can never be sure.

After morning patrol, I have to help my dad feed the birds. He says he can’t possibly feed them without my help. I go up to the cages and check out if they need food, they always do. I like to visit them during the day and watch them. We have a blue bird called Obie, he is my bud. He gets to fly around the basement because he needs exercise. He is my bud, we play chase and once I caught him. My dad was mad and made me let him go , I don’t think he wants me to run in the house. Every day Obie now talks to me. I don’t know what he is saying but it is probably something like “ I wish you could chase me” sometimes we play but not when my dad is around.
I also have 4 brothers and sisters. Maya my oldest sister is blind and snores a lot, We sniff occasionally but she is kind of boring. Mikimoto is my brother and he is my bud. We chase each other all the time in the yard and try to play keep away with our stuffed animals. He also helps me chase away chipmunks, turkeys and barks at those big dogs with sticks on their heads. Aldo is my baby brother, he makes crabby faces at me when I try to nip his butt, then he chases me. It is lots of fun. I have no idea why he makes crabby faces but I think he is just playing. Inside he takes all my toys and hides them in his bedroom. I always get them back though. Yoshi is my biggest brother. We go on walkies with each other and sometimes play. He bit me once though because I nipped his butt. It hurt and now I can’t play with him without my parents being there. I don’t like his girl friend Allie the golden retriever. I growled at her once and now she barks at me, what a crab.

I also am a mom. My baby is Kabuki, She is a kitten. I found her in the woods. Dad let me keep her cause I found her. I like to sit with her on the couch, play footsie with her and watch her when she is in the cat tree. Her toys are fun they have bells, sometimes I grab one, then shake it and throw it by her, Kabuki thinks it is fun, I lick her too but I got worms from her so now I can’t lick her unless my dad isn’t watching. I chase her and she thinks it is fun. I don’t nip her cause she is my baby.
When I am not outside or playing I like to sleep on the couch and if I am lucky, my dad will sit down and then I have to sit on his lap. He loves it, I think. I help him read the paper and watch tv. I have to get tummy scratches at least 4 times a day. It helps with the circulation.

In the afternoon, I go on my second tour of the neighborhood. It is so much work, We have lots of dogs in the neighborhood and I am so busy. We have 2 border collies that are always calling to me to come and play but my dad won’t let go off the leash, he is a spoil sport. We have 2 black labs named Shadow and Jasmine. I always greet them and we sniff each other. We have 2 nasty labs that show their teeth at me, I show mine too. Mine are prettier, then we have Buddy, he is like a horse. He is a nice guy. I always say hi to him. There is also Andy the Westie who is so nice. I feel sorry for 2 dogs in the neighborhood, they are the little white dog and the little black dog, they just sit in their windows and talk to me. I just look at them, dad told me not to yell. We have hoomans too, they usually say hi to me. We have this chubby woman who always is exercising, and pets me, I think she is just eating a lot so she has an excuse to come out and pet me. Hoomans are strange.
After walkies my parents make me a big meal. We have food all day by our water dish so I snack occasionally. I like to eat my food slowly and then wait till everyone is done and then go outside to do my business. Then we play more.

At bedtime my dad makes me go out and check the yard. He is a chicken cause I have to go all the way out there and he is on the patio. Then he grabs a few little snacks and I eat them in bed. Then I must get a few more tummy scratches before bed. Once he is almost sleeping or asleep I always bark, just so he knows that I am guarding.
You can see why I haven’t written, I have just been so busy

Maxine
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: long-A letter from Maxine, 6 months at home

Post by Coco Chow »

Maxine, has it really been 6 months already :shock: ???
It looks like you have a wonderful life, full of friends, food, exercice, encounters, and love 8) ... You are such a lucky girl!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Maxine, Your days sound fun. My Mum says not all chows are so lucky, some don't have Mums and Dads. My Mum is a lot like your Dad she makes me feel all warm and cosy inside. Your Dad sounds like a good one so you make sure you keep in on the lead when you go out walking and don't loose him. Make sure you bark at the strangers so no one steals him and protect him from all those chipmunks, squirrels and snakes in the garden that might bite him. Thats what I do (well I've never seen a snake but I would if I saw one) and my Mum is still here. Bramble X X X X
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Maxine you sound like you have a delightful life. Your dad is a very special person (St Frances of Wisconsin) and is kind to all animals and you are one lucky girl. I hope you continue to make your daddy happy, because you are now in such a great family. Continue to update us with your adventures!!!

Debra John Milo and Red
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Maxine,
You make all of us Chows proud! \:D/ Not only have you trained your hoomans in a very short 6 months, you have established an orderly household - that is quite an accomplishment!

Shiloh & Nahkohe
Terrina Harris
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Terrina Harris »

David,

It sounds like Princess Maxine isn't a Princess any more but now a Queen. Thank you for posting the update I sure needed that. Also thank you for all the support and kind words you have given us.

Terrina
Thank you sweetpea!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Oh, Maxine, I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you have a wonderful life with a great family! You are one lucky chow, and I know you know it, too!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh Maxine, you sassy girl!

It looks like you have worked your way into your new family's hearts. And, yes, we see that you are a busy girl. No wonder you didn't have time to say hi to us until now.

Thank you so much for your lovely letter. It's fun to read about your daily experiences.

We are so happy for you,

Love,

Chutters and Mia
Mia