New Member here!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

IdahoMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Member here!

Post by IdahoMike »

Hi everyone, new member here :mrgreen:
My name is Mike, and I am from McCall, Idaho, USA. I have been reading your board for a few days and finally decided to get off my butt and join! I have owned Chow Chows since 1995. My first was a black male named Angus, who passed March of last year just shy of 13 years old. He had more of the english style chow in him with the longer legs and snout and smaller head. Here is a photo of him........

My new boy, who is 17 months now, is Padow's The Wiley One, or simply "Wiley". He is more of the standard "American" chow with the large and heavy head, big bones, very thick coat (lots and lots of grooming required :lol: )..........

I look forward to getting to know you all, making whatever contributions I can, and learning in the process. I also look forward to reading some of your crazy chow chow stories!! :P
Angus (1995-2008) and Wiley (Jan. 17th, 2008- )
Forever my Chow boys

Auddymay

Re: New Member here!

Post by Auddymay »

Both of your boys are wonderful examples of the breed. Welcome to the boards.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Welcome and what beautiful chows you had and have.

David
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Welcome, your chows are gorgeous.
Mishka and his family
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Hey Mike welcome, looks like you're a seasoned chow owner.. I have had 3 total but still learning alot from this site.. hope you enjoy it as much as I do.. Iam fairly new.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Welcome Mike!
Thanks for the pictures, your Angus was really pretty and your Wiley is just amazing. I love his fur and his big round nose! I can't wait for you to tell us a bit more about his personality... :D
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
IdahoMike
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by IdahoMike »

Coco Chow wrote:Welcome Mike!
Thanks for the pictures, your Angus was really pretty and your Wiley is just amazing. I love his fur and his big round nose! I can't wait for you to tell us a bit more about his personality... :D
thanks for all the compliments everyone! =D=
as for his personality, he is by nature a very dominant male. however, he knows his place with me. =; and we function wonderfully together. i think that he thinks he is the boss of my wife, however. :mrgreen: he is amazingly funny, he can go from sleepy chow to crazy "race chow" in a matter of a second. usually when engaged by him i submit and we rough house until he is worn out. occasionally i dont have time and have to keep moving on-in this case i keep a tennis racquet by the fence gate to fend him off!! a tennis racquet just stuck between you and a crazy raving playful chow will do the trick to let you be on your way :lol:
he listens very well, i have never given him any other option. one of my favorite things that he does is when it is time to be groomed, i get the ramp out, put it up to the grooming table, and he walks right up without being called. this dog loves to be groomed! he is brushed/combed out about 3-4 times per week, about an hour per session. i cut (trim) his hair about every 3-4 weeks as it grows really fast, and bathe him about once a month.
he is a great boy, i don't know what i would do without him. here is a photo of he and I on his first birthday back in january......

licking his chops, ready to eat........
Angus (1995-2008) and Wiley (Jan. 17th, 2008- )
Forever my Chow boys

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Mike and welcome to you and Wiley, who is a very handsome boy. He sure does look as if he wants his birthday cake.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)