omg He looks so much like Maxwell

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: omg He looks so much like Maxwell

Post by Piff Poff »

I am another that always smiles at Maxwells picture, your stories of him have touched many a heart. Biff is his spitting image but you won't know his personality until you meet him. I know if you decide to go for Biff and he is still there for you, it will be right. If he has already found a new home - it was Just Maxwell checking in.
Thank you Sweatpea
chris

Post by chris »

I'd almost say that is Maxwells twin.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Wow, David, he does look so much like Maxwell. But he will have his own personality, and whether that helps you heal or lengthens your grief, I'm not sure.

In many ways your Maxwell and Yoshi remind me of my Chana and Tasha. They were sisters, borne of the same parents, a backyard breeder, one litter and 1 year apart. Both came to us as pups and lived to be 13 or so. Tasha was always the more aloof girl and Chana was my velcro girl. Chana slept on the bed; Tasha on the floor. Chana guarded me, whereever I was; Tasha guarded the front or back door. So although I dearly loved Tash; when Chana was gone Tash couldn't fill the hole in my heart and my life. (It was only about 4 months after Chana died that Cinder joined us and I was still grieving so much).

When I saw Cinder on A.D.O.P.T.'s site, I saw Chana, my first chow. And in many ways she is so much like her, but she is not Chana. I know having Cinder here helped me through my grief. But my life was one big hole at that point. I had been downsized, discovered Chana had cancer, inoperable and painful, put her to sleep, been in a car accident that resulted in a month's hospitalization, two more months of therapy and a wound vac, and my husband had withdrawn into himself out of guilt from the accident and resentment that I was no longer working and had resolved to go back to school rather than search for work.

And then I saw a black chow girl that needed a home. And even though the workers warned me that she was slow to warm up, she came right up to me and let me pet her. She was so tiny at 41lbs (next to Tasha at 71lbs) , I convinced myself she was a pup even though the shelter thought she was 4. And the day I went to pick her up, I walked her with no problem, no pulling, just right at my side. And we came to my car and I opened the hatch and she jumped right in! And that night when I told the girls it was bedtime, she ran up the stairs, jumped on my bed, curled into a ball at the foot and soon was snoring away. And I thought she was Chana's spirit in a new girl. But time passed and her personality asserted itself and it became obvious that she was her own furperson. And she still stole my heart. And the time I spent training her, helped us bond, and helped me realize that there was no other Chana. But every now and then I see Chana in her and I choose to believe that Chana picked her out just for me, because she knew I had the love in my heart, the room in my home/family and the patience in my soul for this little girl that needed a family so much. And in the end, I think that is my answer. If you have the love in your heart, the room in your home/family and the patience in your soul for another chow and this one touches you in that special way: you know what to do.

I understand respecting your partner's wishes, though. What is with our partners anyway? Who wouldn't want another furkid, especially one that needs a home and family? It is not something I can fathom, I'm afraid. DH says if he didn't impose the limits I'd be a hoarder. Maybe.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

David,

I believe Maxwell is still with you for sure in your heart but also in spirit. When it is time he will send another Chow to you who is in great danger and need. This Chow will give you their heart and soul as did Maxwell. He will never be a replacement but rather a new soul that will fill the void and ease the sadness. This has happened to many of us on the list including Terrina and me. We have many underfoot and we love them all. But even if it is not fair or right one of them will always steal a piece of your heart and your souls become entwined.

When Maxine looks to where he is in spirit look over and share the time with her in his honor. Terrina and I know he sent you to Maxine as she was indeed in great danger but there maybe one more out there that needs you. I am sure your SO will understand.

The hurt in our heart truly feels as if our heart is broken or the very least part of it is gone. The hurt feels like it will never go away but with time, the love of family, pets and friends a patch will at least cover part of it until your soul mate returns in a new form.

Larry
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

If Biff is the one... Airplane ;-) No distance is to far.

Larry
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Larry Harris wrote:David,

I believe Maxwell is still with you for sure in your heart but also in spirit. When it is time he will send another Chow to you who is in great danger and need. This Chow will give you their heart and soul as did Maxwell. He will never be a replacement but rather a new soul that will fill the void and ease the sadness. This has happened to many of us on the list including Terrina and me. We have many underfoot and we love them all. But even if it is not fair or right one of them will always steal a piece of your heart and your souls become entwined.

When Maxine looks to where he is in spirit look over and share the time with her in his honor. Terrina and I know he sent you to Maxine as she was indeed in great danger but there maybe one more out there that needs you. I am sure your SO will understand.

The hurt in our heart truly feels as if our heart is broken or the very least part of it is gone. The hurt feels like it will never go away but with time, the love of family, pets and friends a patch will at least cover part of it until your soul mate returns in a new form.

Larry
Larry, I believe Maxwell is still with me, I know for sure in my heart and hopefully too, in spirit. Maxine is very special and we love her so much, she already has several nicknames or terms of endearment. Believe it or not , when she barks at Maxwells spot, I always tell her shh, it is just her big brother Maxwell making sure we are ok. We already have moments that Maxwell and I never did, It is different but nice. As for Biff, Yes I would like to adopt him but he isn't in danger, If he were, I think I would have adopted him no matter what. . You are right, I have had many souls pass through my life, each one leaves a mark, Maxwell Left a huge mark that soon will not be erased, but there are others just waiting to make their mark too,

David