omg He looks so much like Maxwell

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

omg He looks so much like Maxwell

Post by Dogdad »

I was looking at chow rescue of the sierra foothills ( the place I adopted Yoshi from)
and found a dog that looks so much like Maxwell

http://www.chowchowrescue.org/html/chowchow.html
look under Biff.

I must admit, I am still really sad over the loss of Maxwell. I think about him so much everyday. At night Maxine always looks and barks at the spot where Maxwell slept. I hope it is his spirit. Don't get me wrong, I love Maxine, Yoshi, Aldo, Mikimoto and Maya so much but the hole in my heart from Maxwell is still there.

For those of you who knew Maxwell, what do you think? I know I will never ever ever beable to replace my "dude" but it really shocked me to see Biff

David
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: omg He looks so much like Maxwell

Post by lola chow »

hi i didnt know maxwell but from the picture i have seen they are very much a like xxx
CHowgal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CHowgal »

Wow, David, for a moment I thought I WAS looking at a picture of Maxwell. I know the pain you're still feeling for the loss of him, he was a beautiful boy.
Jess
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yes, I see Maxwell in this guy. Very distinctive look, so when you see one like Maxwell, you are bound to do a double take. Pip has many twins on Petfinder. Chow/Lab mixes must be the most common off breed hook=up for Chows.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I thought that was the picture of Maxwell and there was going to be another to compare with it. That is quite a likeness. What a lovely boy Bif is I hope he finds a home soon. Was Maxwell a chow/shepard X ? I always wondered where he got his distictive look from.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Yes David, he looks a lot like Maxwell...
Would you get another dog or maybe do you think about it?
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am not sure what Mix Maxwell was, but he looks so close. If he were closer I would be there now

David
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

is it a fair distance away from you ?????
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

yes , He is in California, I am in Wisconsin
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

thats a shame i dont know the distance as i am in the uk but i know he would have had a great home with you xx
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

lola chow wrote:thats a shame i dont know the distance as i am in the uk but i know he would have had a great home with you xx
it is : 3366.6 km away or 2092 miles away. I know I am being stupid, I have so many already, but that face...
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

they do look so very much alike in the photos they do look like one in the same its such a shame distance is a problem xxx
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Holy cow, he could be Maxwell's twin! At least from what I've seen of Maxwell's picture. I ended up with Carter because he reminded me so much of Frisco. I have pictures saved on my computer of Frisco look alikes.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Maybe a transport could be arranged for Bif to join your family?I'm sure people on here would help you if that's what you wanted!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I don't know, he isn't Maxwell, He never could replace Maxwell, I just miss him so much and I guess Biff's picture just brought my sadness to the surface again. I hope Biff finds a home soon, or else once school gets out, I may end up doing a road trip. I am so fortunate to have known Maxwell and to be a dad to Maxine, Yoshi, Aldo, Mikimoto and Maya. I am just being silly and acting like a spoiled brat

David
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Bif looks like Maxwell's twin at the very least. I'm sure it brought back a lot of memories of Maxwell. Just like Maxine is not Maxwell, Bif will be Bif and not Maxwell. If you find yourself on a road trip this summer :) - you will be going for Bif because you have room in your heart & home for another Chowling.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

David...what's another one??
Bif will never be Maxwell...but perhaps it is meant to be?
Maybe you can look into his status and see what's in store for him.

We are thinking of you!
Sharon, JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Spittin' image of Maxwell, that's for sure. I always smile a little when I see his pic at the top of the page...it's like his way of saying he's okay.
I'd say go for it!!! What are the odds of finding another Maxwell????
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

David,

If you are being silly and a spoiled brat, then color me with the same crayon. It has only been 3 1/2 weeks since I lost Riley, but I am considering adding a new cat (Brady) to my home, so Oscar will not be so lonely.

Bif could not find a better home than yours if that is what you decide. At least consider calling to get more information about him. Even if you decided not to adopt, maybe you could sponsor him if he needs it.

Barbara, Oscar, Ty and Sophie
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

thanks everyone, I did email yesterday and didn't hear anything. So it must be fate, When I adopted Yoshi I got an almost instant reply.
I am sure that Biff, will find a good home with hoomans that love him. If I do get an email, I will take it from there, In the meantime
I have 5 wonderful furkids and 2 hooman kids to keep me busy.

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

[:D] Sure does look like Maxwell, couldn't find one that looks that much like him if you tryed. Darn I wish he was closer so you could go and visit to see what his personality is like. I agree with Fillok, every time I see his pic up there it makes me smile to think about him. I believe in fate and if its meant to be....it will happen. Grief comes and goes and you never know when its going to tug at your heart...but memories always remain and become that much more special in time. All of your furkids are very lucky to have you and one more would be just as lucky
LOL you a spoiled brat??? [-(

Thanks Sweetpea!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

At first I thought that was a picture of Maxwell. They look so much alike. And not to mess with fate or anything but the head of the rescue doesn't know how to use e-mail so she has someone else answer those. The person who probably answered you about Yoshi is no longer with this rescue. (This is the rescue that I have fostered for in the past.) If you are really curious, you could call....... :)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Boogie and Linda wrote:At first I thought that was a picture of Maxwell. They look so much alike. And not to mess with fate or anything but the head of the rescue doesn't know how to use e-mail so she has someone else answer those. The person who probably answered you about Yoshi is no longer with this rescue. (This is the rescue that I have fostered for in the past.) If you are really curious, you could call....... :)
I Thought so too, but he isn't Maxwell, If you get a chance to meet Biff , please give me a full report. he is the age that Maxwell was supposed to be but Maxwell was much older. I won't call because I know they are busy and don't want to waste their time. If I can persuade my partner to let me get another dog, I will ,but I am not holding my breathe, 5 furkids is a lot for most people.

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

5 furkids is alot for MOST people but you aren't MOST people :wink: 2 may be alot for MOST people and some don't even do well with 1. I think if you have LOVE enough for 6 like Terrina & Larry you should have as many as you have love to give. :wink: But I guess your partner should have a say :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Wow he does look like Maxwell. I think I would hesitate before getting another guy that looked like him. I think I would feel like I was trying to replace them. Of course I kind of did that with Ivan I got Ivana, but in no time it became all about Ivana and everything that she means to us. She is a whole different personality and I love her for it. You and the rescue will make the right decision and find the right home for biff.

I cannot believe how much he looks like him, it is crazy!!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!