If you want to know where we went...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

If you want to know where we went...

Post by wallacethegreat »

...check out the new Chow site at mychowchow.org. You'll find all your old buds there. Some of us just got sick of being castigated and banned for speaking our minds.
As you all know, who are members of other sites and groups, there are moderators who enjoy the power trip and use it like a sword. So much for free speech.
The new site is fun! Join us there. You won't have to worry about stating your opinions and the moderator crush if she doesn't agree with you.
Let's see if this post isn't sh*tcanned.
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
Auddymay

Re: If you want to know where we went...

Post by Auddymay »

How odd, as WTG was always quite outspoken, and NEVER once was editted or even warned about anything she posted. Since we are speaking so honestly, prehaps she is supporting those who have given her the last 2 Chows she has had- first, Jeff sent her Berkley, then Julia (who took alot of flack for her BYB accident, after admitting months after the fact that it happened) sent her one of her throws.

That is all fine and good, but please, don't come here with stories of torture and brutality at the hands of the evil mods. At best, you can only know half the story of those that have been warned and given time outs. I believe that is 4 people who recieved warnings, and 2 who have gotten time outs in the history of this site.

The only deletion of statements from innocent parties have come about on the rare occasion someone steals a chow and it is then discussed in depth. The entire thread was deleted, to protect the site itself, as stealing is a criminal act, even with good intent. And the poison threads were put together as one big thread in issues, and one of our fat-fingered mods pushed the wrong button. (Just kidding, the mods have slim fingers.)

We let the other site send their invites, and Lou was kind enough to even provide a link. If you are having a membership drive, try Blue Tongue Talk. They have not heard of you there. Otherwise, go have fun with all your friends, and we will do the same.

The mods are enjoying not having to moderate, so for that we all thank the new site.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Good bye. I won't miss you.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:58 pm
by wallacethegreat

Kiwani said [If you are feeding the Iams brand, be aware that corn doesn't support calming brain chemistry. Be aware of blood sugar plunges when feeding such poorer quality brands.]

I appreciate your suggestions and will take them to heart. However, the above quote insulted me.

How many dogs do you have? How many animals do you have? How many rescues have you ever taken in? How many fosters have you dealt with? As I had mentioned in a post I did when I returned from the vet's office on Saturday, she recommended IAMS canned puppy food (chicken and rice only) for its high calories and the fact that it would soothe his stomach with such high stress. He is not getting that "cheap" IAMS kibble. He won't eat kibble anyway, so there's no concern about corn. And, I think I'm astute enough to have concern about food allegies and how they can affect behavior.

If you really have suggestions, then really READ my posts. Speed reading and popping off doesn't count.
Laura Mac
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

I have never been 'warned' or moderated either but just wanted to say that sometimes to an outsiders views(i.e. not involved parties) things can look a certain way and favoritism is something that shows to be apparent. I have not been very active lately, however, I do read and also saw things I did not agree with. I am a member of the other site and proud to be, I will still view this site and keep up on everyone's chows but I can say in the last few months there has been a dramatic decrease in want to be on this site. Mostly everyone fighting about everything. It makes it a hostile environment and one that most people do not find very inviting. I hope other people will come and look at the other chow site and at least have a look around!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yes, some call it favoritism, others call it defending-like when I defended you during an unpopular time, Summer. I took alot of flack, defending a re-homer such as you were described. Though, I am sure that is all water under the bridge for you. Be that as it may, we were quite generous to post the link, in my opinion. Anything more urging people to leave because you were unhappy here is just rude.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Aunt Bea, let it go. They didn't and won't ever understand. As I've mentioned several times, a new chow site is a good thing. Chow enthusiasts need more places on the internet to query.
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Wow. Now this couldn't be exactly what everyone is talking about, no? My whole point was that you don't have to be directly in the line of fire to see what is going on. I told everyone at the time, I appreciated everyone on this site for what happened then. But that has nothing to do with now. I never said for people to QUIT posting on here.... you are doing that all yourself. I was not posting on here to be rude but to rather give a different perspective on why a person who had never 'been in trouble' by a mod might want to leave here.... and you are once again proving my point. Can't even post any type of opinion on here anymore....
Chi-Ching
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Having different Chow sites is a good thing...we will gravitate to the ones we all feel most comfortable with...We're happy that you have found another site that you appreciate more.
BTW - the site information was already posted in another link by a moderator.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

kingalls wrote:BTW - the site information was already posted in another link by a moderator.
Yes. I've know about the new site for almost a couple of weeks now. I finally posted the link on the thread Mia started about missing Jeff (http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13734)so everyone who missed him and especially Pekoe could go on the site and say "hello". IMO, this new thread was unnecesary viral advertising.
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

I took it more as someone who was unhappy expressing their feelings and showing alot of people who may be wondering where everyone has gone(as many have posted on the other site) where we are at.

Yet another difference in varying interpretations..
Chi-Ching
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Auddymay wrote:How odd, as WTG was always quite outspoken, and NEVER once was editted or even warned about anything she posted. Since we are speaking so honestly, prehaps she is supporting those who have given her the last 2 Chows she has had- first, Jeff sent her Berkley, then Julia (who took alot of flack for her BYB accident, after admitting months after the fact that it happened) sent her one of her throws.
WOW Auddy! I really did not expect this! Did anyone else see that bus coming that I was just thrown under??? I didn't!! As a matter of fact Auddy since you brought it up, I really didn't take that much "flack" for my BYB accident. The way that I viewed it was people giving their opinions and I owned up to what happened. I have not blatently bashed this site nor have I openly promoted the other site here, quite to the contrary actually, I openly admited when I joined the other site that I was going to remain a member here because there are still members with valuable information. I'm sorry that I did not fit into your correct timing when I chose to admit to my mistake, apparently that was some sort of issue allthough I'm not sure why you chose now to voice your opinion when you had ample time to do so when I posted it. I have not been in the middle of any of the "drama" I have not bashed the mods here or anyone for that matter (minus Sam when I very first joined which was resolved and Sam and I actually talked off and on through e mail after). I continually see mods bashing other members and I have not said a word, actually I take that back I said something to Lou a long time ago and it was in a PM NOT openly in front of everyone as seems to be the way here lately (even to those who are not the center of the conflict). If this is the way the mods are going to act and find it appropriate to "throw someone under the bus" for their own personal gain then please do delete my account, I would like 24 hours to get any information that I need from my PM's and/or posts if you don't mind but I made a judgement error in deciding to remain here as well. I would have continued to remain quiet about the whole situation but seems a certain mod had to bring my name into it.....THANKS AUDDY FOR OPENING MY EYES AND FAREWELL!

Julia
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

Oh and I also don't appreciate any of my pupps being refered to as "throws" plain rude!
Thank you Sweetpea!!

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Type your opinion. It was not stopped. It was replied to. What you seem to be saying, is it is okay for you to post, but I am exempt from a reply? And one that is actually a prime example. We have always had a policy of defending our members, even to other members. I pointed out how you benefited. The escalation of the need to do so can be traced to a very small group of people. They are mostly gone now :roll: and if they are happy at the new site, great. If I am driving away the membership, they will go as they choose. Enjoy the site, whichever you go to.

Julia, I did not throw you under a bus. I stated the facts as presented. Which part of my statement was incorrect? I felt people were harsh when you admitted things, maybe you thought it was what you had coming. Difference of opinion. I stayed out of it. Your pups are throws...all pups are!
throw
(of domestic animals) to bring forth (young). Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

I NEVER said that you were exempt from a reply, as a matter of fact you were replying to a post by LAURA not me and somehow found it neccisary to bash me in the process. I didn't mention anything that you said to Laura in your reply only what was stated about ME.
Thank you Sweetpea!!

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

You have every right to reply.... as a person, but as a moderator, I believe you must take on a central position in most cases. If you are unable to do that, I think you are unable to be a moderator. Subtle(and not so subtle) little slams at people and their dogs is completely uncalled for.
Chi-Ching
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

jonathanfsu1 wrote:after reading theses posts, iit is obvious there is a large degree of closed minds and thick denial...That is associated with the censorship actions ....So, the contexual convenience to prove your invalid point is not showing your good qualities..Just an observation that stems from extreme favortism..That will not change here...All of the above verbage are facts and based on objective means of obsevation. If wish to use convoluted reasoning to counter it, that is your choice, but please do not call a spade prior seeing if you are or are not the source of the cause and effect...Now, if this gets censored and or deleted..It will prove more above points.

Have a wonderful day and try to broaden your mental horizons...Just trying to help... O:)
I give you example 'A'
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

We have different takes on 'the problem' thus different thoughts as to said problem's resolution. Instead of making subjective theories as to a person's true personality, and following with even more erroneous reasoning based on the flawed behavioral paradigm, I will stand by my theory based on empirical evidence, as was so deftly demonstrated by this thread, and in particular, your posts.

Or to put it plainly, it sure has been nice and friendly without your prose-puffed pieces.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I thought you all went somewhere else :roll:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Just to make things clear.
About Berkley, I chipped in with Jeff to get Berkley out of the LA kill shelter and subsequently spent hundreds of dollars on his veterinary care during the brief 90 days he was here until he died of that massive chest tumor.
About Fozzie, Julia didn't "send" me one her "throws"...I paid for him and made a 400 mile round trip to pick him up one week after back surgery. And, why would you bring Julia into all this anyway? What was the point of that, Auddy?
Further, this kind of back-and-forth BS, and the banning of Jeff, is exactly why I made the above statements.
Me thinks thou doth protest too much.
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
Charles

Post by Charles »

I am not a member of this site yet as I am still looking for the right dog. I have been visiting here regularly over the past several months to gain some insight into the chow breed. For what it is worth, why don't you miscreant malcontents just make like a tree and leave? Honestly, go whereveer it is you allegedly went and make each other miserable and leave the rest of these folks alone. Your behavior has been disgraceful and disgusting. Just one man's opinion.

Charles
Charles

Post by Charles »

I'm betting you have 6 chows because you don't have 6 inches. True?

Charles
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Wow, Charles. You need to get a grip.
As someone who hasn't even joined (your own admission) you came in like an unfriendly person who had no knowledge of the past goings-on here. Usually best to keep one's comments to oneself until they "get it." Perhaps doing some reserach might be more helpful before you start making comments about a member's genitals.
Laura Mac
Charles

Post by Charles »

I would be unfriendly with you, the jonathonfsu clown and your fellow hate-spewers wherever I would have the unfortunate experience of running into you. The other folks at this site, the actual, reasonable, adult, human beings, I could be friends with anywhere. What is it about "leave" that you just don't get? LEAVE!

Charles
jonathanstfu

Post by jonathanstfu »

Since the wonderful Forrest Gump was brought into it. Use the following quote on yourself- STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

Thank you, God Bless, have a nice day. :twisted:
chris

Post by chris »

Geeze, come on guys... thats enough.. :roll: