2 cents

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

K9papa

2 cents

Post by K9papa »

As a once-in-a-while visitor at this site I must say that the friendly exchange of Chow Chow anecdotes and information is pleasant and relaxing. All of the other stuff clearly belongs elsewhere. I, for one, am happy to see this site headed that way. BRAVO to the "moderators"!

K9papa
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 2 cents

Post by Dogdad »

here is 2 more cents. I agree, The mods are doing a good job. Lets show them we support them. 2+2 = 4 cents, lets shoot for at least a dollar.

David
sugimoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: 2 cents - The buck stops here!!

Post by sugimoto »

Good idea! The buck stops here!!

I've had 4 chows. 4 chows @ 2 cents a pop = 8 cents.

Your 4 + my 8 = 12 cents!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

My two Chows @ 2 cents each = 4 cents...total now is 12 + 4 = 16 cents \:D/
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
KasperKisses
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by KasperKisses »

I've got 6 at the moment...leaving in about 4 hours to pick up another from so cal...that makes 7=14 + 16=30...am trying to find a place for one from Apple Valley that will be brought up Wed...if he gets up here...I'll add another 2.
How many Chows does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one if you're Kasper. Hold on and the world revolves around him!!!
nuke

Post by nuke »

Dogdad wrote:here is 2 more cents. I agree, The mods are doing a good job. Lets show them we support them. 2+2 = 4 cents, lets shoot for at least a dollar.

David
Yeah, doing a really great job. Jeff was banned and he is probably more passionate about chows that most of us. You "adults" here....I don't know how you survive in the real world without a freaking nanny.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly and Mabel throw in the 2 cent each = 4 cents. I love this site - correction - used to when all was polite and friendly but there we go, lets see how much we can get. Well done to the moderators - I think they are doing an excellent job - rudeness and crass behaviour does not belong here. Let us face it, mostly our chow chows are very regal and well mannered so maybe we should take a leaf out of their books. "Exemplo Ducemus" is Milly and Mabel's personal motto - they put in a special request to The Royal Military Police to be allowed to use it and the request was granted.

Milly and Mabel's 4 cents + 30 cents = 34 cents!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

nuke wrote:
Dogdad wrote:here is 2 more cents. I agree, The mods are doing a good job. Lets show them we support them. 2+2 = 4 cents, lets shoot for at least a dollar.

David
Yeah, doing a really great job. Jeff was banned and he is probably more passionate about chows that most of us. You "adults" here....I don't know how you survive in the real world without a freaking nanny.

I have to agree with the guys. I don't enjoy the political stuff, or half the stupid jokes posted, but I don't bother reading the ones I don't care for. If we didn't want the commnity section to be polluted with this kind of stuff, a section could have been made where the guys and anyone else who enjoyed debates could have gone in. It could have been set so only members could see it.

Jeff has been here for years, I have never seen him say anything that I thought was so out-of-line that he should be banned for. I enjoyed knowing I could grab a cup of coffee in the morning, go sit at my computer to wake up and I'd be able to read what Jeff had come up with through the night. His post could make me laugh, sometimes shock me, at times think oh crap he shouldn't have said that, and I loved how he stuck up for his believes. Maybe he would offend new people, but you know, he's been here for years, he had earned his paw prints. Something sad has happened to this site.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes indeed Sweetpea, you are so right and it is a shame. I too used to have respect for Jeff - I enjoyed his input and most especially his conviction that Pekoe is always right - no matter how naughty she was, how much trouble she caused etc. etc. it was always somebody else's fault - not Pekoe's - she was always right. However some of his remarks, together with his comrades' remarks are totally out of order and I do wish they would clean up their act.
Fred tends to be like that with M & M - no matter what they do, say in the garden, it is not their fault. If they dig up my fuscia - tough - it is my fault, I should not have put it there! I tell ya', I cannot win.
But as you say, something has happened and it is sad. There is no reason for the rudeness and disgraceful namecalling and rudeness but it is happening.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

My 4 chows = 16 cents, plus two little ones, who "think" they are chows, give at 1/2 point each, now we're
up to 17 cents.
Sub total= 4 chows = 44 cents, Plus the two wannabees= @ 1/2 cent ea = 45 Cents!!

45 cents so far!
Personally, I like Jeff a lot, because he does great things for chows. When there is a lost chow, it is Jeff
who tirelessly leads the search! I don't know exactly why he was banned,
however I believe him to be an excellent contributor to the is forum and to chowdom.
Whatever, the reason, I'm sure it was in response to something he felt very passionate about.
Of course, it is his great passion that motivates him to give so much to our chows.
For some reason, I always understand Jeff, never taking anything personally, and I don't read his posts as being negative.
Jeff is somewhat the, "Simon Cowell" of our site. He is often brutally blunt, be he is usually right. A stronger image of myself (I think?).
I can see Jeff's personality type getting caught up in passionate banter, before he knew what hit him,
and I don't believe there is disdain in his heart when he responds to posts, but merely passion.
I see Jeff, not only harmless, but a much needed member and I miss him.

That being said, I am in full support of the moderators for enforcing the terms of this website, lest it go to hell in a hand-basket!
Possibly, we could all start all over, agreeing that personal attacks, berating each other and... name calling, are forbidden in the terms of this site agreement and must be adhered to. I think we can all agree that at some point or another, we have all said or done something that didn't go over so well, right? Whether, we were misunderstood, or just having a challenging day?
What would life be without a little spice?
However, the main thing we can all agree upon, is the fact that WE ALL LOVE OUR CHOWS, which should unite us, and not divide us.

Shall we try this again , everyone make nice? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

bama wrote:My 4 chows = 16 cents, plus two little ones, who "think" they are chows, give at 1/2 point each, now we're
up to 17 cents.
Sub total= 4 chows = 44 cents, Plus the two wannabees= @ 1/2 cent ea = 45 Cents!!

I forgot to add another 2 cents for 2 chows + the 1/2 of cent for the others so It is now at 48.5 cents
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

As one who used to post here alot, then left because of people jumping to conclusions before they knew the whole/true story, then coming back at one of the moderators love,support and request, under another name (Tai's Mom) and then leaving because of Jeff and his nastiness and self exaltation, and now just lurking, I concur that things have gotten out of hand. When I first started here in 2005, you couldn't have asked for a better forum than this one. There was no fighting, no name calling, no "I know it all", no threads that contained battle after battle. What you did get when you came here was support, information, knowledge and a sense of friendship. But more than anything, our chows were #1. This forum has turned into a social club full of little cliques. And I have had more than one member here who has posted on this thread against the mods and pity partying Jeff, tell me the exact same thing about the social clubs and cliques. And you know who you are. This forum needs to return to what it once was. No one had ever said that Jeff is not passionate about the chow. But there is a difference between being passionate and being over the edge, rude, mean, and a know-it-all. And contrary to some people's popular belief, Jeff is not the all-in-all. There are plenty of us who do rescue work in some form or another. I have a beautiful 80 pound chow here that I was blessed to be able to rescue as a puppy almost 2 years ago, who has done more to help me heal from Koda's passing than anything else. So Jeff doesn't do it all. And before you all go bad mouthing the mods, there is alot that none of you know that goes on behind the scenes and if it weren't for most of the mods doing their jobs and doing it well, this forum would have gone to hell long before now. It's time to get back to the purpose of this forum, and that's for the chow, not the social club, little cliques, and exaltation of Jeff that it has been.
Sub Total= 5 chows=50 cents and 3 little shihtzu who are chow wannabees @5 cents apiece= 65 cents.
Nancy and Tai

Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Coco would be happy to have a peacefull forum too, is it ok to pay the 2 cents in euro?
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Jeff was not permanently banned was he? That is horrible. Jeff is a good guy at heart. He is talks crap and even I have been put in tears by him, but I think he was a good part of this board most of the time. As someone who was on the old board and mostly on the new board I can say for 100% certainty there has always been “hot topic” threads. Maybe not as often as it is now since in the last year and a half I have not been on as much, because of other things going on in my life. If this is all true I will really miss him and maybe he should be given another chance sometime. He says harsh things and goes over the line, but often he does apologize and he does have allot to offer. :cry:
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The only permanent bans are on pseudonyms spammers, and the self-imposed kind-those who choose to leave. All of Jeff's posts have been untouched, except by him. It is interesting to note, the first thing Jeff did after a warning, was remove the tribute- in a sense taking his ball and leaving, but then came back to post under a pseudonym after he actually was banned. We are talking of him in past-tense because he is not here now.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Whew! I wondered who died with all the eulogies in this section! Although the dude's diggin' his grave deeper and deeper by coming on under those false ID's. The system will add more time automatically. TOU states it. At least we know who we can count on to yell 'FIRE' in a crowded room!

2 cents in Euro is close enough to 4 U.S. cents! So, Elodie and Coco's 4 cents + 65 cents = 69 cents !

$-) Miss Pooh Bear would like to add a few cents into the tally. In honor of herself, in tribute to her Kuya Suntzu, Ate Sunshine, Kuya Confuscious, Kuya Zhuyo :x , Kuya LaoTzu, Kuya Kubla, Ate Mitsu, Kuya Chino and her friend Keiko ~ 20cents

$-) Tiggy would like to add his 2 cents and he's fronting the 2 cents for his brothers and sisters, Akira, Yogi, Phoebe, Beau, Missy and Lazlo (RIP). ~14 cents

$-) Bruin puts in his 2 cents and would like to donate 2 cents for each chow that is sharing a petfinder page with him. But Miss PB says, there's too many on there right now to count. ~ 2 cents

20 cents + 14 cents + 2 cents = 36 cents from my crew + 69 cents = $1.05
K9papa

Post by K9papa »

It seems that the malcontents were never really at odds with each other after all. They all now agree that it just isn't right if everyone else doesn't want to roll around in the mud (and worse) with them.

K9papa
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

kingalls wrote:My two Chows @ 2 cents each = 4 cents...total now is 12 + 4 = 16 cents \:D/
My 8 Chows say moderation is bad, so 16 - 16 = ZERO! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Zhuyos mom wrote:Whew! I wondered who died with all the eulogies in this section! Although the dude's diggin' his grave deeper and deeper by coming on under those false ID's. The system will add more time automatically. TOU states it. At least we know who we can count on to yell 'FIRE' in a crowded room!

2 cents in Euro is close enough to 4 U.S. cents! So, Elodie and Coco's 4 cents + 65 cents = 69 cents !

$-) Miss Pooh Bear would like to add a few cents into the tally. In honor of herself, in tribute to her Kuya Suntzu, Ate Sunshine, Kuya Confuscious, Kuya Zhuyo :x , Kuya LaoTzu, Kuya Kubla, Ate Mitsu, Kuya Chino and her friend Keiko ~ 20cents

$-) Tiggy would like to add his 2 cents and he's fronting the 2 cents for his brothers and sisters, Akira, Yogi, Phoebe, Beau, Missy and Lazlo (RIP). ~14 cents

$-) Bruin puts in his 2 cents and would like to donate 2 cents for each chow that is sharing a petfinder page with him. But Miss PB says, there's too many on there right now to count. ~ 2 cents

20 cents + 14 cents + 2 cents = 36 cents from my crew + 69 cents = $1.05
Thank you sir, may I have another! You folks need to get over yourselves. So what, Jeff talked about Auddy's time of the month and some other stuff, maybe in his mind she deserved it. I was banned from a forum for speaking my mind about some horrible show people that continually breed diseased dogs, in my mind they deserved it. In reality, I couldn't give a rats *Censored Word* that they banned me. Who lost? The forum lost, because now everyone is afraid to speak up about it. Moderation at it's finest, silence the members, you are only allowed to give hugs and kisses. :roll:
Sam

Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

I can't help but notice that the members causing trouble are (mostly) men, and most of the forum members being ladies, I wonder if that means something... :roll:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
chris

Post by chris »

Nance.... How come I didn't know that? eh?

ok, I am a moderator... and I like what we do, or try to do... keeping the peace so... my chow = 2... but then there is Roxi ... chow in training... 2 and Chief, GS... he likes to help out the chowilitary when necessary... so he is putting in 2 as well. so thats 6.... where are we at now ? 48 cents? I lost track.

Funny Jonathan, you used to think we favored Jeff. hmmmm..
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Coco Chow wrote:I can't help but notice that the members causing trouble are (mostly) men, and most of the forum members being ladies, I wonder if that means something... :roll:
I'm sure it has alot to do with it, men and women never see eye to eye. Except those gay men, that is why you ladies like them so much. :lol:
Sam

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I value people for who they are. As people. That is the beauty of a forum, we are all just people-equal. That you want to drag other things into it all the time speaks volumes. I can see where a little *Censored Word* would not bother you, but how funny would you think it was if people threw into conversation, as an aside, that you must be a pedophile because of your marital status, *Censored Word*, and gender preferences? Outrageous example, but if you fit the profile...my mensus is not fodder for every conversation, no matter how it makes you titter. How uncomfortable does that make women who may have severe reproductive disorders when they read crap like that? I do not understand the difficulty of it. Re-read the words you write before you post, and take out the stuff that is clearly of a PERSONAL NATURE. Presto.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

There you go again, I won't fall for the same trap you put Jeff in. If you want to ban me, go ahead and ban me, I'm not going to resort to talking about your personal stuff like Jeff did. You are way too sensative to be a moderator, and that is as far as I will go, god help us all if that is enough to get you banned. :roll:
Sam

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I can sum this up...
If a nice guy was parked in a no parking zone, should the guy be exempt from getting a ticket, based on the fact, he is nice and well liked by the general public?
Is the police officer a bad person, because he/she issued a ticket to the nice guy? Should the police officer have to explain to the general public
why he/she wrote a ticket?

Think about it.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!