I have been warned

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Re: I have been warned

Post by kingalls »

I find it offensive that one story of a Filipino that you know said their family cooked the dog was a statement for all those in the Filipino culture. My neighbor a few doors down had ancestors in the Donner Party but I wouldn't put out a story making it sound like all of his family practice cannibalism. I can assure you - true story - not anyone in my Hawaiian lineage (which extends beyond 10 years) has practiced eating the family dog....notice I say Hawaiian because my Filipino ancestory does go back to the Philippines where the poverty level means the food chain can include goats, pigs, and dogs.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

You stated it, there is nothing wrong with eating dog its a cultural thing but don't come on here telling me I don't know what i'm talking about. I can give you facts any time you want. It was a simple story just like the rabbit and the chickin story there was nothing intented to offend anyone, the whole world knows about dog meat eating.

I have always posted that my biggest complaint about eating dog is not the eating of the dog its the torture and hell the dog is put through before its killed which happens to be a chinese belief. anytime you want Pictures, facts, cultures and countries feel free to ask i can provide all you want. I donate alot of money to Animals Asia every year so don't go telling me i don't know what i'm talking about. Actually its people that are in denial and don't want to know and refuse to believe it is the reason it continues.

http://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?UID=2GZYJ5AL4HS4

"I find it offensive that one story of a Filipino that you know said their family cooked the dog was a statement for all those in the Filipino culture"

Only in your mind, Come to LA someday I can take you to 5 Fhilipino parties any friday night that are serving dog.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Only in your mind, Come to LA someday I can take you to 5 Fhilipino parties any friday night that are serving dog.

Sounds pretty questionable...all Filipinos I know - and that is an extremely huge circle - would find that practice digusting...Of course, LA is a world unto it's own.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yep only in LA, again in your mind. turn the other way and go to SF lets see the denial you come up with... Face it, you have no Idea what you are talking about so give it up and quit trying to start trouble I'm sure most on here including my self could care less if the story offended you. It was over, done and forgotten about untill you had to prove yourself wrong. Just becouse your of a certain culture dosn't mean you know all that goes on, I have relitives all over germany i don't have the slightest idea what goes on in Germany nor do I care. I know they love beer and I also know most germans didn't work for Hitler
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I speak for my own and I do know what I am talking about...in Hawaii, in SF, in LA, in Fresno, in San Jose, in Alabama, in Texas, in South Carolina...I know you don't care who you offend.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yeah right I offended the whole Filipino nation, well I know three Fhilipeno's thier wifes and kids I didn't offend so it wasn't all Filipino's. Learn your culture and get over it. By the way its illegal to eat dog in the US and your the first one to complain about foreigners coming here and not abiding by our laws so instead of sitting on your PC all day go out and help find the culprits, Filipino or Chinese. I go two school 3 nights a week so I can join "Last chance for Animals" in thier investigative unit so I can do somthing about it. you ready to sign up?

I didn't write those news articles so if you have any complaints write the Governor of Hawaii or the Hawaii news and tell them your offended

ImageImage
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff&Peks wrote:People that walk around trying to prove to the world how non-racist they are usually turn out to be the biggest racist clowns around. I showed that post to two Filipino friends one being the guy I was talking about in the story, they both agreed, someone needs to get a life. If I am racist towards anyone its my own race you white folk embarrass me. Ask Chris who my closest friends are you sure the hell won't be hearing white in the mixture. Face it every race has stupid people its just a shame the white race has more of them.
#-o I forget how short sighted you are since you seriously think eatting dog is a delicacy in our culture! It's what the poorest of the poorest of the poor will eat - poverty food is not a delicacy in our very colonial based culture. Sure your filipino friends laughed with you and went along with your little tale. We're taught to be the bigger person, to go with the flow and deal with things at a better time and place. Karen and I will do the same, in due time, as your posting a negative stereotype of us and our people was not appropriate, not up for debate and not welcomed. Your friends will deal with you sharing a story you did not have carte blanche to share - you are not one of us. Best not eat with them in the future. The meat in your In-n-Out double-double may not be what you think it is. Our extended families always has at least one teen working at a fast food joint. The secret sauce?!

For an American of Filipino decent, it is extremely derogatory to hear or read tales of "dog eatting" come from someone outside of their heritage. It perpetuates false info to the masses. I'll bring it to chow level so you can understand. Chow parents hear from those who never owned a chow that "All chows are mean and aggressive. Why? Oh because my neighbor/friend's chow is mean and aggressive. True story. So your chow is mean and aggressive." Back to your "true" story, "You are filipino. Therefore you eat dog." :roll: Why do I even bother, you still don't get it. Which is also the reason the members of this board who are Filipino nationals reported their concerns to a moderator versus choosing to educate you.

You know, even if you don't take this issue seriously and continue to minimalize it, even if you know 3 filipinos, their wives and kids who you say you didn't offend, even though the source of your "knowledge" on OUR culture is the internet, the important fact which you still seem to miss in all of this is it was not welcomed. How foolish of you to not heed Auddymay's warning. You can laugh and joke with Sam as to how easy it may be if you are given a time out. That might be the case for a first timer. But once that chip has been cashed in... :shock: . "The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~ Mark Twain