Time for a Divorce!!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Time for a Divorce!!!

Post by Red Dragon »

The liberals can have the kids, they are the ones that want everyone to take care of them, whether they are yours or not. :lol: I support so many kids that aren't mine I can't even count all of them, ran out of fingers and toes! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote: I support so many kids that aren't mine I can't even count all of them, ran out of fingers and toes! :lol:
That adds up to 20 Goats, how many Goats are in a heard and how much is it to support them?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Heard is spelled "Herd". And I don't have any goats. I have been looking at the chicken catalog, and considering some rabbits too.
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:Heard is spelled "Herd". And I don't have any goats. I have been looking at the chicken catalog, and considering some rabbits too.
Into mail order brides now?
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Heard is spelled "Herd". And I don't have any goats. I have been looking at the chicken catalog, and considering some rabbits too.
Into mail order brides now?
Chickens, not Chicks. Chicks are too much trouble and take the money the government doesn't. :lol:
Sam

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

My grandpa breeds rabbits. They taste good too.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

redangie24 wrote:My grandpa breeds rabbits. They taste good too.
We use to breed rabbits for food and pets when I was growing up, they are some good eating, no doubt!
Sam

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

I used to have rabbits,chicken and Bali runner ducks as pets.(in my 15 by 25 ft back yard in Holland,lol)
Dion was about 4 when one night he asked what meat we were having.I told him it was duck.He went to the window to see if they were still all there :lol:

We had two chickens,called Chicken and Soup .Soup was Dion's chicken.One day Soup died.It was garbage pickup day,so I put her in a plastic bag in the garbage container.
When Dion (6 at the time) got home from school I told him Soup had died.He took it fairly well.
Then my daughter was nice enough to add"and mom put her in the garbage!!!"
He started sobbing,and cried"why did you do that!!!"
I told him I was sorry and I should have realized he probably wanted to bury her.
He looked at me like :roll: and said"I wanted to take her to the butcher!!You KNOW I like fried chicken!!!!"
Last edited by Desi on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

:lol: 8) :lol:
Sam

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Desi wrote:He looked at me like :roll: and said"I wanted to take her to the butcher!!You KNOW I like fried chicken!!!!"
Oh that is funny!! lol. Great stuff. Not how I reacted. When one of my grandpa's rabbits went missing I asked where it was...Mom said that she ran away. When I asked Grandpa if he was going to help me look for her. He started laughing and said we ate her last night! I cried. Then I started naming the rabbits food names. Never soup though that is a good name!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I have a similar story

Once upon a time in the West When I was living in Hawaii I had a friend that was Pilipino that worked security at one of the resorts one day while out securing one of the guest gave him a puppy, great all fine and dandy, he took the puppy went home which happened to be his parents house they all played with the puppy and gave it a name, a few days later he comes home from work, no puppy, where is the puppy? they said it got loose and ran away so later when they sat down for dinner the mom walks out, fresh baked puppy on a platter just out of the oven. He was pissed but can't argue with Mom and Pop. When i saw him a few weeks later I ask how the puppy was doing thats when he told me the story. True story.

ImageImage
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I can believe the story. My mother in law is Filipino and she said when she first moved to the U.S. she was shocked that people would treat cats and dogs the way we do. Where she is from dogs are food not pets.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

I'd never eat any of our own pets,but I can imagine trading with a neighbor.

One day my oldest daughter was walking home with a friend and her mother,she was 10 at the time.
She was going to play and stay for dinner at their home.
They were from Vietnam.The mother had a bag of old bread and the kids were allowed to feed the ducks.
While the ducks were eating the mother suddenly grabbed one and snapped its neck.
Natascha didn't eat much that night,lol
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

We live in a society where there are many different cultures, and different traditions. Things most of you would find unappealing. In my own cultural background, there are cheeses that have nothing to do with milk products and soup made of blood. This does not represent the culture as a whole, and I would find it insulting to have my nationality reduced by people on a board telling epicurious stories they heard or know of. After all, the southern cuisine, with which many of you are associated, eat all manor of animal innards that would make most of us turn tail and run before putting it in our mouths...but is that a true representation of the south?

Before y'all continue to tell your stories of gruesome eating, keep in mind, we have many members from many cultures. Europe is not the only place our members descend from. You insult the membership when you reduce an entire people to your myopic view of their culture. I know this by the numberous PM's I recieve on the subject.

While I am on the subject, there are some in our membership that have been posting things in the community section that is barely covering their racism. Play all the wording games you wish. It is a sign of intolerance and insecurity. From here on out however, I will be showing my intolerance as well.

Hold your prejudices if you must. Personally, it is my belief that my journey on this earth is to learn from my short comings, and to grow spiritually, through my ability to learn from my personal misconceptions. But if you are just an angry bigot who has no plans on changing, sit on your hands. I will be deleting that which offends.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Start by deleting your own post, your reference to eating animal inards could be viewed as racist.
Sam

Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Are you serious, or do you just like to be the imp's advocate? I asked the question, is it an accurate portrayal? If you are insulted, then maybe, just maybe you can understand how others feel when their culture is defined by such narrow terms, stereotypes, and by someone who has never even truely experienced the culture.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I have a similar story

Once upon a time in the West When I was living in Hawaii I had a friend that was Pilipino that worked security at one of the resorts one day while out securing one of the guest gave him a puppy, great all fine and dandy, he took the puppy went home which happened to be his parents house they all played with the puppy and gave it a name, a few days later he comes home from work, no puppy, where is the puppy? they said it got loose and ran away so later when they sat down for dinner the mom walks out, fresh baked puppy on a platter just out of the oven. He was pissed but can't argue with Mom and Pop. When i saw him a few weeks later I ask how the puppy was doing thats when he told me the story. True story.

The Filipino culture is very much a culture of people that love a good laugh. If it looks like they can sucker you into a "story" (and later a good laugh) it will be done. I think that the true story is that you were being duped to the max.
Here's what is true...yes, in the Philippines it was known that "black dogs" were killed for a meal. Understand that there are many areas that are pretty much 3rd world living conditions and a dog wasn't much above the rank of the pig or goat. Hunger is hunger.
Now, for those Hawaiian Filipino's - I have more insight, being that my parents are Hawaiian Filipinos...my family is widespread in Hawaii and have been for decades. They love to joke and enjoy a good laugh - sometimes at the expense of a Haole.
The only true story is that you bought the joke hook, line, and sinker....
We don't eat dogs or other pets...Mickey D's, BK, or Chili's ... but not our pets - give me a break!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh