The Red Dragon Economy

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: The Red Dragon Economy

Post by Red Dragon »

PurpleKisses wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:
PurpleKisses wrote:it is all intertwined...... the banks had no regulation from the government at all, therefore they started giving loans to ANYONE, they were giving loans to people who COULD NOT AFFORD THE HOUSES THEY WERE BUYING, because people could do that, the housing market soared, but cost of living did not, you cannot have everything around you raise in price except your paycheck and go very long.... people started not being able to pay and houses started getting foreclosed on, it started dropping home values all across the nation to the point where people who bought a house they COULD afford are now upside down all thanks to the banks who had no regulation UNDER PRESIDENT BUSH..... and yes, it was his job!

Yeah, I don't think I would be spouting how proud I was of the fact that the highest the market has ever been was due to poor(ie none) regulation.... whoo hoo - once again, great job!

BTW, I do watch multiple news, do many searches and do my research VERY well on the subject as we are VERY much affected by this.
Poor misguided soul. They couldn't afford the houses because they didn't make enough money to afford them to start with, and they will never make enough money to afford them. It use to be that if you wanted to buy anything on credit, you had to come up with 20% down, otherwise the lender figured you weren't able to afford what you wanted to buy.[\qoute]

My point exactly..... they should never have been approved for those loans. It was a easy way out, a 0 down loan.... got anyone into a house. The banks started giving these bad loans that should NEVER have gone through. You really should watch this show http://www.cnbc.com/id/28993790/ - It is called House of Cards. You would probably find it very interesting.

There is NO REASON why this should not have been regulated and STOPPED....
See the Barney Frank thread, he was one of the idiots that allowed it to continue, and wanted it to continue, he said everything was fine. :lol: Him and Ted must have both been drunk during that meeting. We should have just put Ted in the white house, the other idiot is headed for the ditch just like him.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
nuke

Post by nuke »

Auddymay wrote: If I cried every time Bush squandered our tax money, I would have turned to dust from dehydration.
If you cried every fifth time Obama has squandered our tax money, only 2 months in, then you would be dust three weeks ago.
nuke

Post by nuke »

Just to make sure Purple Kisses gets a good look at this.
nuke wrote:
PurpleKisses wrote:Depends on what you believe. Self starting a reason to go to war seems like a selfish thing to me but what do I know? Especially when you start a 'war' with one country of someone you and your dad have been 'buddies' with for years and then moving on to another country that had nothing to do with the initial war.....not saying saddam didn't deserve what he got, just saying it was done under false pretences, cost us alot of our economy, thousands of innocent soldiers lost their lives, bush got rich, we "found" oil and Osama bin Laden is still free (but that was all coincidence, right?) =D= Yeah, go bush! #-o =;
You are beyond ignorant if you think that we "found oil" in Iraq and that Bush made money off of it. We have not taken a single drop of oil from Iraq and Bush has been out of the oil business many years before he decided to run for president. You think Bush made money off of Iraq? Please tell me you are not that f*cking ignorant. Better yet, why not tell us exactly how Bush made money off of Iraq?

People like you scare the hell out of me. You should not be allowed to vote unless you have at least a very basic understanding of politics and world events.

You say Bin Laden is still free? Do you think Obama will get him? Obama is a f*ucking sick joke and he was put into office by ignorant, misinformed people such as yourself. Can you tell us in your own word just ONE thing Obama is doing that will help catch Bin Laden? Or ONE thing Obama is doing that will help our economy? You can't.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Bush did try to do something about the housing issue in 2003!!!! Why is that never acknowledged I wonder? I will say that he should have pushed and tried harder. Another bill was introduced in '05 by my own state senator to rein in and regulate fannie and freddie. (R's) all voted for it (D's) all voted against...Mccain tried again in '06. Even BILL CLINTON said "I think the responsibility (for this housing issue) the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

Bottom-line is this housing 'crisis' is not all Bush's fault..it's not all republicans fault...it's not all democrats fault. They ALL share in it but try getting them (aside from Bill) to admit it.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Auddymay wrote:Blather all you want about the war on terrorism, it is all BS. Not liberal propaganda, anyone thinking the Iraq war did anything positive for democracy is the one being bamboozled. There are currently more dictatorships and oppressed peoples than you can shake a stick at...why did we need so badly to go after Sadam? http://www.parade.com/dictators/2008/ take your head out of the sand, my little ostrich republicans. It was the oil. AND WE DIDN'T EVEN GET THAT! If Summer were in Iraq, nobody would care about her views, they would shoot her on site. Just like they would any of us. We are not wanted there, and we should not be there...yellow cake...pshaw. Was not very news worthy, must have been a pretty small amount...

If I cried every time Bush squandered our tax money, I would have turned to dust from dehydration.
OMG!!! Auddy, I really thought you were more intelligent than that, please tell me you have been drinking or something? :shock:

It was no small amount of yellow cake, it was a huge stock pile. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/

We did not go there for oil. We actually have more oil than all of them combined over there, it's in Alaska. Oh brother!!!
Sam

nuke

Post by nuke »

Laura wrote:Bush did try to do something about the housing issue in 2003!!!! Why is that never acknowledged I wonder? I will say that he should have pushed and tried harder. Another bill was introduced in '05 by my own state senator to rein in and regulate fannie and freddie. (R's) all voted for it (D's) all voted against...Mccain tried again in '06. Even BILL CLINTON said "I think the responsibility (for this housing issue) the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

Bottom-line is this housing 'crisis' is not all Bush's fault..it's not all republicans fault...it's not all democrats fault. They ALL share in it but try getting them (aside from Bill) to admit it.
Facts don't matter at all, haven't you heard? Obama is all about "change". Change we can believe in!
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Now I am ignorant? ok.

I really honestly don't care about the different opinions on how we got into this crisis(aren't I such a downer for using that word!) but I will full fledgedly support our new President. He has not been in long enough for me to develop any ill feelings towards. I do agree with what most of his choices are and I do plan to keep up with what he does and can only hope for the best. Life is too short to dwell on what might happen....

NANA NA NA NANA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOOODBYYYE........
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
nuke

Post by nuke »

You sound like you don't have a clue in regards to your support of Obama. You don't have an informed opinion, just your "feelings".
People like you scare the living s*hit out of me.

You "full fledgedly" support Obama, yet you have no clue about anything about him.

PurpleKisses wrote:Now I am ignorant? ok.

I really honestly don't care about the different opinions on how we got into this crisis(aren't I such a downer for using that word!) but I will full fledgedly support our new President. He has not been in long enough for me to develop any ill feelings towards. I do agree with what most of his choices are and I do plan to keep up with what he does and can only hope for the best. Life is too short to dwell on what might happen....

NANA NA NA NANA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOOODBYYYE........
Last edited by nuke on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

nuke wrote:
Laura wrote:Bush did try to do something about the housing issue in 2003!!!! Why is that never acknowledged I wonder? I will say that he should have pushed and tried harder. Another bill was introduced in '05 by my own state senator to rein in and regulate fannie and freddie. (R's) all voted for it (D's) all voted against...Mccain tried again in '06. Even BILL CLINTON said "I think the responsibility (for this housing issue) the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac."

Facts don't matter at all, haven't you heard? Obama is all about "change". Change we can believe in!
"Yes we can" How stupid does that sound? :lol: I never in a million years would have thought there were enough ignorant people in this country to put Obama in office, I was seriously wrong about that. It's a sad state this country is in, and it's no wonder we are ranked at the bottom of the list in education around the world. #-o
Sam

nuke

Post by nuke »

Red Dragon,

People like Purple Kisses are just about as ignorant as they come. The scary thing is that they can vote.
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Thank you for telling me what I know. You do not know what I know or don't. You only ASSUME that I do not know anything about Obama.... Do you think you know something I don't? What makes you assume that? Because I disagree with your OPINION? Because I have done alot of research and was smart enough to form my own OPINION??

Right, and I am the ignorant one. And yes, I will give my full support to our President until I so see a reason not to. That is my choice. Call me ignorant but I like to make up my OWN mind!
Chi-Ching
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

nuke wrote:Red Dragon,

People like Purple Kisses are just about as ignorant as they come. The scary thing is that they can vote.
They all drank the Kool-Aid, they will still believe in him when they are standing in the soup line. #-o
Sam

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

You can be dammned sure that I wouldn't let someone call me ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is this always about name calling?
It used to be on this forum when name calling got out of hand and rudely insulting...the thread was locked. Time to start it again.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Red Dragon wrote:
nuke wrote:Red Dragon,

They all drank the Kool-Aid, they will still believe in him when they are standing in the soup line. #-o

I like Kool-Aid.

We have been lucky enough to live within our means and so far have not been hit too hard,but we also live in an area that is not terribly affected but we have noticed that last year was one of the worst years we have had and this year has already been much better. I can only hope for better......... what a waste of time to wait for anything less
Chi-Ching
nuke

Post by nuke »

Sharons Chows wrote:You can be dammned sure that I wouldn't let someone call me ignorant!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes the word just fits.

Anyone who thinks that we discovered oil in Iraq, and that Bush profited from it is pretty ignorant. That's not name calling, that's just stating a fact.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sad, sad little puppet. Read your own links... While yellowcake alone is not considered potent enough for a so-called "dirty bomb" — a conventional explosive that disperses radioactive material — it could stir widespread panic if incorporated in a blast... Far from weapons of mass destruction. At the same time we were descending on Iraq, S. Korea was actually doing nuclear testing.

I guess if the new president crapped diamonds, you would bitch it was the wrong cut and not a C1. I will say one thing, not to sound like someone not in attendence, but I am intelligent- intelligent enough to know not to wear blinders of party, intelligent enough to debate without making someone else feel smaller in order to feel better about my own opinion. They are like anus's. Everyone has one. Instead of picking apart everything that may happen, concentrate on what is happening. It always scares me when one's dogma is so deeply ingrained they cannot look at our current political situation and think for themselves. In the span of 2 days, we heard the rich are the reason we even have the things we do (flawed thinking, they would not have the riches without the drones to do the work, it is a symbiotic relationship.) And today it is 'watch the rich take all the money'...so say the republican fellas. But you can't have it both ways.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Auddymay wrote:Sad, sad little puppet. Read your own links... While yellowcake alone is not considered potent enough for a so-called "dirty bomb" — a conventional explosive that disperses radioactive material — it could stir widespread panic if incorporated in a blast... Far from weapons of mass destruction. At the same time we were descending on Iraq, S. Korea was actually doing nuclear testing.

I guess if the new president crapped diamonds, you would bitch it was the wrong cut and not a C1. I will say one thing, not to sound like someone not in attendence, but I am intelligent- intelligent enough to know not to wear blinders of party, intelligent enough to debate without making someone else feel smaller in order to feel better about my own opinion. They are like anus's. Everyone has one. Instead of picking apart everything that may happen, concentrate on what is happening. It always scares me when one's dogma is so deeply ingrained they cannot look at our current political situation and think for themselves. In the span of 2 days, we heard the rich are the reason we even have the things we do (flawed thinking, they would not have the riches without the drones to do the work, it is a symbiotic relationship.) And today it is 'watch the rich take all the money'...so say the republican fellas. But you can't have it both ways.
Read again, yellow cake can be made into weapons grade uranium. Any enriched uranium is dangerous, just because it isn't the badest stuff on the planet doesn't mean it can't have a devastating effect.

I didn't say the rich would take all the money, what I said was, you will not see 2/3 of that money, and the rich will end up with it. You are all so down on the rich, why would you want them to get most of that money? Personally I think they should have just left everything alone and let it settle itself out. Lots of people would loose their butts, but they would learn a lesson in the process. As it stands, nobody is going to be taught a lesson, and the tax payers are going to foot the bill. And the government machine just got bigger! #-o
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Here is a little lesson in yellowcake for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake

I grew up in Oak Ridge, Tenn. and even went to school in the Y-12 training facility. The town was built to produce nuclear weapons and nuclear reactors. Also known as the Manhatten Project. They had the gaseous difusion plants there as well. So when I tell you yellowcake in the wrong hands is very dangerous, you might want to take that as the truth. =; Do a little research on Oak Ridge, LOL!!! My grandfather worked side by side with the scientists that developed the first atomic bombs, he made many of the prototype parts for them. Both my uncles worked at that plant as well. I am very aware of what radioactive materials can do. I probably know stuff that still hasn't been released to the general public. :mrgreen:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

For your viewing pleasure. Born and raised here. We had the best teachers in the world, the scientists that worked at the plants demanded that their children be taught by the best there was. I can tell you that if you made A's in high school at Oak Ridge, you were probably smarter than someone teaching school with a college education, and that is no exaggeration. 8) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Ridge,_Tennessee

If you were so lucky as to attend the school called Training and Technology at Y-12, as I was, you just recieved the best technical training available at that time. I was one of six that recieved the training in 1980, over 1100 took the tests and interviews, only six were taken. 8)
Sam

Charlotte Paige
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Charlotte Paige »

this thread has really really affected my perspective on a lot of members, as I am sure some may think differently of me. But I do not believe I have insulted anyone's intelligence, if I have it was not my intention, I am sorry. I was just expressing my opinion and how the condition of the country is affecting my loved ones and myself. I find the name calling very offensive. You may call me ignorant for what you feel is lack of knowledge... I beg to differ.. you do not know me.

Being home has me on the computer a lot.. searching for employment opportunities and trying to search out a new career based on different business trends, etc. When my eyes are tired and I am sick to my stomach because all the info I am gathering is not looking good at all......
... I decide to retreat to Chowchow.org to see if there is a chow in need of transport... or maybe a donation I can make towards a surgery, or maybe even to gush with another proud chow parent about how beautiful or how silly their fur-kid or fur-kids are. Not to have someone insult my intelligence on political issues. I think that everyone here needs to agree to disagree and go back to what we all DO agree on, Chows are the best species on this planet (I hope I phrased that right Jeff... I was about to say dogs, but we know that our Chows are more than just dogs :) )

Volunteering and helping has been one of the things that has gotten me through this past very hard year. The warm fuzzy feeling knowing you helped a chow, the smile on the proud new parents face when they see their new fur-kid for the first time. This is a place to be with people that understand my bond with my chow, because I can count on ONE hand how many of my friends DO understand it.

I know this is the Community Discussions section.. but I really think hot topics such as religion and politics should be avoided. Now your next response may be.. well then don't read it. And my response back is... this IS the last time I will read this particular thread.

BUT I will throw one more thing in... intelligence should not be judged by a person that cannot even spell Iraq. It is not a typo.. the q is nowhere near the c on the keyboard. Sorry, that is as close to being mean and name calling I am going to get. I was a proof reader many many years ago, sometimes those things just jump out at me :) And no there are not as many jobs for proof readers anymore because they came up with this thing called SPELLCHECK
Red Dragon wrote:Thirdly, it was a war on terror, and Saddam harbored terrorist. If that isn't enough reason to go into Irac, I don't know what is.
My Sweet Charlotte
May 28, 1994 - July 14, 2006
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

War on terror, war on terror...squawk! It was unnecessary to ever go into Iraq. It is just one of many countries that practice 'terrorism'. To defend our country and fight oppression? That sounds noble, but when you consider the loss of life sustained for a political agenda, it makes me sick. And disgusted. And when I hear the rhetoric without thought as to the audience, I want to do a little face slapping myself. This thread has run it's course for me as well. It's the pig in mud syndrom. I took a break, and was flipping through the channels and stopped to watch Chris Matthews...lol. More of the same! Only they were talking about Rush Limbaugh- you remember him...the guy that should be in jail for getting busted with his painkillers? He was sure lucky he didn't get caught up in mandatory sentencing, but that is another story for another political thread.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Charlotte Paige wrote:this thread has really really affected my perspective on a lot of members, as I am sure some may think differently of me. But I do not believe I have insulted anyone's intelligence, if I have it was not my intention, I am sorry. I was just expressing my opinion and how the condition of the country is affecting my loved ones and myself. I find the name calling very offensive. You may call me ignorant for what you feel is lack of knowledge... I beg to differ.. you do not know me.
When you enter these Red dragon discussions don't take the name callings or references to ignorant and stupid as a personal attack or the name callers personal opinion of you, its all part of the discussion and most of the time wether it be me, Red dragon or Nuke we have no idea who we are responding to, the response is to the comment not to the person or our views of the person, After the second comment no ones knows who they were talking to or what was just said anyway. Like Chris said, this is just Bar room Chit Chat take no offense to anything said. When it comes to Red dragons views on politics the whole world even George w Bush has to think he is a total DumbA^s but thats just in the barroom. Personaly I think he is a Dumba^s in and out of the bar room but thats just my opinion.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

I am also done with this thread...... it was fun but I normally choose to not talk politics, religion or shelter vs breeder with people....... always ends up in an argument........ So, thank you for the rather interesting and entertaining thread.... but now I am off to play scrabble and play with my chow.......

Petting a chow a day, keeps the insanity at bay................ \:D/
Chi-Ching
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Charlotte Paige wrote:this thread has really really affected my perspective on a lot of members, as I am sure some may think differently of me. But I do not believe I have insulted anyone's intelligence, if I have it was not my intention, I am sorry. I was just expressing my opinion and how the condition of the country is affecting my loved ones and myself. I find the name calling very offensive. You may call me ignorant for what you feel is lack of knowledge... I beg to differ.. you do not know me.

Being home has me on the computer a lot.. searching for employment opportunities and trying to search out a new career based on different business trends, etc. When my eyes are tired and I am sick to my stomach because all the info I am gathering is not looking good at all......
... I decide to retreat to Chowchow.org to see if there is a chow in need of transport... or maybe a donation I can make towards a surgery, or maybe even to gush with another proud chow parent about how beautiful or how silly their fur-kid or fur-kids are. Not to have someone insult my intelligence on political issues. I think that everyone here needs to agree to disagree and go back to what we all DO agree on, Chows are the best species on this planet (I hope I phrased that right Jeff... I was about to say dogs, but we know that our Chows are more than just dogs :) )

Volunteering and helping has been one of the things that has gotten me through this past very hard year. The warm fuzzy feeling knowing you helped a chow, the smile on the proud new parents face when they see their new fur-kid for the first time. This is a place to be with people that understand my bond with my chow, because I can count on ONE hand how many of my friends DO understand it.

I know this is the Community Discussions section.. but I really think hot topics such as religion and politics should be avoided. Now your next response may be.. well then don't read it. And my response back is... this IS the last time I will read this particular thread.

BUT I will throw one more thing in... intelligence should not be judged by a person that cannot even spell Iraq. It is not a typo.. the q is nowhere near the c on the keyboard. Sorry, that is as close to being mean and name calling I am going to get. I was a proof reader many many years ago, sometimes those things just jump out at me :) And no there are not as many jobs for proof readers anymore because they came up with this thing called SPELLCHECK
Red Dragon wrote:Thirdly, it was a war on terror, and Saddam harbored terrorist. If that isn't enough reason to go into Irac, I don't know what is.
Thank you, I don't use spell check, and grammer never was one of my strong points. :lol:
Sam

nuke

Post by nuke »

Jeff is correct in that I consider this like a bar room conversation at times. I apologize if I personally offended anyone here.....I get a little colorful sometimes, but I don't mean to personally attack anyone. 8)