The Red Dragon Economy

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: The Red Dragon Economy

Post by Red Dragon »

Charlotte Paige wrote:
PurpleKisses wrote:Depends on what you believe. Self starting a reason to go to war seems like a selfish thing to me but what do I know? Especially when you start a 'war' with one country of someone you and your dad have been 'buddies' with for years and then moving on to another country that had nothing to do with the initial war.....not saying saddam didn't deserve what he got, just saying it was done under false pretences, cost us alot of our economy, thousands of innocent soldiers lost their lives, bush got rich, we "found" oil and Osama bin Laden is still free (but that was all coincidence, right?) =D= Yeah, go bush! #-o =;
Could not have sad it better myself.. I have been writing posts and deleting them over and over to reply to this thread, trying not to stir the pot further. This hits very close to home for me. I have been unemployed for over a year now, and several of my family members have lost their jobs since then as well. In my 39 years I have never seen things so bad. Some may say "oh there are jobs out there, look @ Mcdonalds" Guess what, I haven't applied at Mickey D's yet, but I have applied for jobs that paid 1/3 of what I was making (which is very close to mcdonalds pay) and NOTHING. Why hire me when they can hire a younger person? I am forced to find a job out of my field now. Thank goodness I have a very dear friend that is helping me out in my time of need (and my pets time of need). My friend offered to still help when I found a job even if it wasn't enough to pay my bills. So I am fortunate... but I am still in the worse shape financially than I have EVER been in my life. I have gone through my savings already, I live in an apartment and I am single. It is really hard not to cry everyday.
When Barack was elected.. well it was the first light of hope I have had in this past year. He has only been in office a few months. I really hope that he is able to turn things around in this country. I do believe he is a good man and has his countries best interest at heart. So I am all for change.. it can only get better is how I see it. And that is how I have to see it to make it through everyday.
Red Dragon wrote: You must have missed all the beheadings and such, yep, no terrorists in Irac. :roll:
The first beheading was of Daniel Pearl in early 2002. It took place in Pakistan by close allies of Osama bin Laden. The IraQi war did not start until March 2003. Yes I do know that there were other incidents that occurred in Iraq after the war had started. But I do believe they would not of happened if we were not there in the first place. Most of them were innocent contractors looking for work in Iraq because of lack of work in the US and Britain.
I know Saddam was a terrible tyrant and needed to be stopped. But I do not think Saddam was an active threat to the US until we invaded Iraq. Alot of people have lost their lives, innocent Iraqis and innocent Americans in Iraq. We have to stay there now because of what was started by Bush. If we were to just pull out now... we would look very vulnerable to other terroists. I believe there would have been a better way.
Anyway, I am done... this thread as I said just hits too close to home for me not to say something. We all can have our different opinions liberal/conservative,etc. but to think some may think this is a time to joke... I just sit here and shake me head
I'm sorry you've lost you job, but don't count on Obama making it better for you. First off, you are looking at about a year away if you could do the stuff that he is going to spend money on. You will never see anything from about 2/3 of what he is going to spend, it's just going to be blown and end up in the rich peoples pockets. It's like Ross said, you better bunker down!
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Laura wrote:It truly baffles me how anyone...anywhere...could think this spending that Obama is doing is the right thing to do. I don't agree with pretty much anything on his agenda but that's just me. The Stimulus package...the budget though...how can people approve of that? Where can I get the blinders that prevents me from seeing that this is nothing but Christmas in Washington for the democrats? Can someone explain how tripling the deficit in ONE MONTH is a solution to anything? Can someone explain why if it is all so wonderful has the stock market fallen another 3000 or so? Do people only listen to Obama and never listen to all the economists and experts who talk about what should be done for the economy and how w/out spending trillions on pet projects that it would have fixed itself with a little boost here and there?
What comes after trillion because that will be the next word in our daily vocabulary before he is done.
I have got to find some Obama Rose Tinted blinders.
When you find those shades, let me know, because I need some too!
Sam

kez65
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kez65 »

jeff i love your tv set up there...so does pekoe really watch it ...thats too funny....your a good dad to pekoe....
Charlotte Paige
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Charlotte Paige »

I do not expect miracles.... he never promised one.. I am just hopeful for a brighter day. Trying to stay as positive as I possibly can in these times.
My Sweet Charlotte
May 28, 1994 - July 14, 2006
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote: Wow, Jeff, you are really off your rocker. Gee, lets just let them build the nukes, then we can do something about it when they lob them over on our soil, after they kill millions of us, we can go hug them and tell them to stop because it's wrong. :roll:

Lets see, Obama's priority was to bring the troops home when he got in office. Now he says he will start bringing them home about the same time Bush planned to bring them home. BUT, he is going to leave 50,000 troops over there, gee, wonder why that is? :lol: You liberals crack me up, talk about out of touch with reality. :lol:

You must have missed all the beheadings and such, yep, no terrorists in Irac. :roll:
What does Ford auto, Krispy creame donuts, General electric, George Bush, Barack Obama ,Osama bin Ladden and Saddam Hussein all have in common?

Answer: All fine American made products

Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were created, given weapons, trained, taught how to fight and put in power by the US, they both come with the seal "Made in America by the American people.

I spent my Years in the Air Force in the middle of Phenox Arizona, 130 degree weather, shoe polish melting off my boots, Guarding and protecting US Fighter Planes we were gaving to Iraq and guarding the Iraqi fighter pilots we were training to fly them. I even had to spend two days in the desert guarding body parts of an Iraqi pilot that paniced after take-off and ejected himself into the ground he splattered himself oall over the place, Fine fixins for the Cayoties and lizards.

As i always say "Humans create their own problems.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Red Dragon wrote:
Laura wrote:It truly baffles me how anyone...anywhere...could think this spending that Obama is doing is the right thing to do. I don't agree with pretty much anything on his agenda but that's just me. The Stimulus package...the budget though...how can people approve of that? Where can I get the blinders that prevents me from seeing that this is nothing but Christmas in Washington for the democrats? Can someone explain how tripling the deficit in ONE MONTH is a solution to anything? Can someone explain why if it is all so wonderful has the stock market fallen another 3000 or so? Do people only listen to Obama and never listen to all the economists and experts who talk about what should be done for the economy and how w/out spending trillions on pet projects that it would have fixed itself with a little boost here and there?
What comes after trillion because that will be the next word in our daily vocabulary before he is done.

Reasoning centers of a partisan brain get short-circuited by politics.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/ ... 4753.shtml
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Red Dragon wrote: I'm sorry you've lost you job, but don't count on Obama making it better for you. First off, you are looking at about a year away if you could do the stuff that he is going to spend money on. You will never see anything from about 2/3 of what he is going to spend, it's just going to be blown and end up in the rich peoples pockets. It's like Ross said, you better bunker down!
omg! You sound like Rush Limbaugh!

It is exactly that type of lack of confidence that in encouraging our current financial strain. It is so sad to see such pessimism in one person... sad to see a whole country with so much. You have no hope, no optimism, no confidence. It is sad really. You act like you know the fate of America and all you speak is gloom and doom.... even my MIL, who is a bush supporter, has hope that Obama will make this country better. She doesn't particularly like him, but she is hoping.

Referencing a chow in this part - Our country is like a chow, Bush abused the crap out of this 'chow', and now that it has been 'rescued' by a new owner, it is going to take time for it to trust again, but I firmly believe our new 'owner' will be 100 times better then the last!!

ALSO, DOW ended at +149 today....... =D=
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

PurpleKisses wrote:
Red Dragon wrote: I'm sorry you've lost you job, but don't count on Obama making it better for you. First off, you are looking at about a year away if you could do the stuff that he is going to spend money on. You will never see anything from about 2/3 of what he is going to spend, it's just going to be blown and end up in the rich peoples pockets. It's like Ross said, you better bunker down!

omg! You sound like Rush Limbaugh!

It is exactly that type of lack of confidence that in encouraging our current financial strain. It is so sad to see such pessimism in one person... sad to see a whole country with so much. You have no hope, no optimism, no confidence. It is sad really. You act like you know the fate of America and all you speak is gloom and doom.... even my MIL, who is a bush supporter, has hope that Obama will make this country better. She doesn't particularly like him, but she is hoping.

Referencing a chow in this part - Our country is like a chow, Bush abused the crap out of this 'chow', and now that it has been 'rescued' by a new owner, it is going to take time for it to trust again, but I firmly believe our new 'owner' will be 100 times better then the last!!

ALSO, DOW ended at +149 today....... =D=
You're right, I have absolutely zero confidence in our current president, he doesn't even have a tenth of the experience he needs to run this country. He has already proven this by the people he has tried to hire, and the ones he has hired to run the country. The democratic party is just on the biggest spending spree this country has ever seen and it will take it down. The DOW was headed off a cliff at closing, it will tank again tomorrow.
Sam

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

LOL, but the last President made it all better? Ha! He should have had TONS of experience since his dad was President shortly before him..... and he did nothing but F*ck it up! I am actually happy with alot of the people that were picked. I do think he went outside the box and I think he picked people for better reasons other then just their 'side'..... I am neither for Republican or Democrat. I prefer to judge people based on themselves, not their party. When given a choice, Obama was a MUCH better decision then Bush(without a doubt) and much better then McCain......

Again, poor confidence is what is dropping this country, not the president. No one has even given him a chance yet. He was getting so much "where is the change" crap even before the inauguration.... Give him a year or so and then see where we are at. He never said it would happen immediately - People in America are so freaking greedy and impatient!!!!!
Chi-Ching
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

I have big news for you, the economy was doing just great under the Bush administration, despite fighting a war. The housing mortgage meltdown was not Bush' fault, and he warned everyone it was going to happen, but it was full steam ahead for the liberals, more free stuff everyone!

The reason nobody has confidence in Obama is because he is already making huge mistakes, mistakes that won't be able to be reversed for probably decades. I kid you not when I say this is going to be worse than the Carter years, it's probably going to be worse than the depression.
Sam

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

HaHa! Where do you live that the economy was doing great under the Bush Admin???? I want to move there! I want to know where it was that inflation was going us higher then income..... Where the housing market was not being uprooted due to bad loans given out by bad banks who just wanted to make a few extra bucks and had NO regulation on them from the government.... LOL, and mister Bush was the one who said "the economy is strong. the economy is strong. the economy is strong." on 43 different times in less then a year, and less then 2 months later we were in "crisis mode"........ Maybe someone should have been paying attention to the country since it was his, oh yeah, his JOB!!!!!

The stocks have been lower then this. They were down to 5100(roughly) in 2002.... that is SOOO much better then now! lol Good Job mister bush! There are SO many things, even beyond the economy that Bush screwed up, it won't surprise me if it takes a long time to fix it, but it will be Obama fixing all of Bushes mistakes.

The war was a farce. Period. Bush could care less about the people who have been murdered under his presidency, from 9/11 to Iraq, it means nothing to him. He doesn't have to live with it. He got a nice fat check from all the oil.... thats all that matters.

Perhaps you should look more into things then just the media.
Chi-Ching
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:I have big news for you, the economy was doing just great under the Bush administration, despite fighting a war. The housing mortgage meltdown was not Bush' fault, and he warned everyone it was going to happen, but it was full steam ahead for the liberals, more free stuff everyone!
Damn, People only discuss this stuff with you becouse they are laughing at you the sad part is its like making fun of a retard, Mama would say "leave that poor brain dead child alone he has the evil spirits in his head" Your so screwed up you have lost all sence of reality, What is it, all the opium at the klan meetings?

Breeding,Purina and Bush, need anymore be said about you.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

PurpleKisses wrote:HaHa! Where do you live that the economy was doing great under the Bush Admin???? I want to move there! I want to know where it was that inflation was going us higher then income..... Where the housing market was not being uprooted due to bad loans given out by bad banks who just wanted to make a few extra bucks and had NO regulation on them from the government.... LOL, and mister Bush was the one who said "the economy is strong. the economy is strong. the economy is strong." on 43 different times in less then a year, and less then 2 months later we were in "crisis mode"........ Maybe someone should have been paying attention to the country since it was his, oh yeah, his JOB!!!!!

The stocks have been lower then this. They were down to 5100(roughly) in 2002.... that is SOOO much better then now! lol Good Job mister bush! There are SO many things, even beyond the economy that Bush screwed up, it won't surprise me if it takes a long time to fix it, but it will be Obama fixing all of Bushes mistakes.

The war was a farce. Period. Bush could care less about the people who have been murdered under his presidency, from 9/11 to Iraq, it means nothing to him. He doesn't have to live with it. He got a nice fat check from all the oil.... thats all that matters.

Perhaps you should look more into things then just the media.
The economy was just fine until the housing collapse, just like I said. Here is a graph of the DOW, it was the highest it has every been under the Bush administration, and did great right up until the housing market failure. It did drop a little after the taxacrat Clinton came out of office, that is normal under a heavy taxation period. Look how stagnant in the Carter years, that is what we are headed for after it hits bottom under Obama, you can't have growth when you tax everybody to death. Look at the growth when Reagan took over, it was skyrocketing by the time he was leaving office. Clinton could almost do no wrong, the economy was headed to the moon due to the work Reagan did. The economy is not headed to the moon right now, so you cannot tax the crap out of people, it will go stagnant. http://stockcharts.com/charts/historical/djia1900.html
Sam

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

The President is the one who has been running around screaming the sky is falling in front of every camera he can find but we're negative? If we all had a dollar for everytime he has said the word 'crisis' the economy would be fine.
This is the first time since 1997 that the stocks have been below 7000.
Bush was FAR from perfect but he kept us safe after 911 and regardless of the 'twist' he is not responsible for everything presently wrong on planet earth. Some people should turn off MSNBC and watch ALL news networks...read many different news sources...get a broader view of information. Listen to more the one opinion. Heck even some democrats are waking up and saying whoa on this spending. The dems have had the majority for the last 2 years but no one wants to remember that. Bush single handedly destroyed the world. The same people screaming about the war in Iraq voted for it...but now it's all Bush's fault. Come to think of it I bet it is somehow his fault my football team only won 5 games last yr. :roll: Everything wrong in the world right now is certainly not Obama's fault...it's just that some of us disagree with his methods (let's spend trillions that don't exist) of making things better. Hopefully the economy will right itself IN SPITE of Obama.
But bottom line is everyone is as free to drink the Obama kool-aid as everyone else is free not to drink it.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

it is all intertwined...... the banks had no regulation from the government at all, therefore they started giving loans to ANYONE, they were giving loans to people who COULD NOT AFFORD THE HOUSES THEY WERE BUYING, because people could do that, the housing market soared, but cost of living did not, you cannot have everything around you raise in price except your paycheck and go very long.... people started not being able to pay and houses started getting foreclosed on, it started dropping home values all across the nation to the point where people who bought a house they COULD afford are now upside down all thanks to the banks who had no regulation UNDER PRESIDENT BUSH..... and yes, it was his job!

Yeah, I don't think I would be spouting how proud I was of the fact that the highest the market has ever been was due to poor(ie none) regulation.... whoo hoo - once again, great job!

BTW, I do watch multiple news, do many searches and do my research VERY well on the subject as we are VERY much affected by this.
Chi-Ching
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

kiwani wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:

Reasoning centers of a partisan brain get short-circuited by politics.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/ ... 4753.shtml
Just so you know, I did read all of that. I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling about any of the candidates this election. I did however feel that Obama was full of BS, and he has been proving it with everything he is doing. Everybody that thinks his little tax break is going to help them is in for a rude awakening, the hidden tax he is about to impose is going to run up the cost on everything we use, for the most part. So much for a break!
Sam

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Looks like I am not the only one........

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/0 ... 54653.html
Chi-Ching
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

PurpleKisses wrote:it is all intertwined...... the banks had no regulation from the government at all, therefore they started giving loans to ANYONE, they were giving loans to people who COULD NOT AFFORD THE HOUSES THEY WERE BUYING, because people could do that, the housing market soared, but cost of living did not, you cannot have everything around you raise in price except your paycheck and go very long.... people started not being able to pay and houses started getting foreclosed on, it started dropping home values all across the nation to the point where people who bought a house they COULD afford are now upside down all thanks to the banks who had no regulation UNDER PRESIDENT BUSH..... and yes, it was his job!

Yeah, I don't think I would be spouting how proud I was of the fact that the highest the market has ever been was due to poor(ie none) regulation.... whoo hoo - once again, great job!

BTW, I do watch multiple news, do many searches and do my research VERY well on the subject as we are VERY much affected by this.
Poor misguided soul. They couldn't afford the houses because they didn't make enough money to afford them to start with, and they will never make enough money to afford them. It use to be that if you wanted to buy anything on credit, you had to come up with 20% down, otherwise the lender figured you weren't able to afford what you wanted to buy. That rule of thumb is coming back as we type.

The liberal government made all of this possible, they believe that everyone should be able to buy a home and a new car, well it bit them in the butt!!!
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote: Poor misguided soul.
Thats what the Koran says about Christians. Now your preaching the Koran

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

You know what you can do with the Koran...don't you?
Sam

PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Red Dragon wrote:
PurpleKisses wrote:it is all intertwined...... the banks had no regulation from the government at all, therefore they started giving loans to ANYONE, they were giving loans to people who COULD NOT AFFORD THE HOUSES THEY WERE BUYING, because people could do that, the housing market soared, but cost of living did not, you cannot have everything around you raise in price except your paycheck and go very long.... people started not being able to pay and houses started getting foreclosed on, it started dropping home values all across the nation to the point where people who bought a house they COULD afford are now upside down all thanks to the banks who had no regulation UNDER PRESIDENT BUSH..... and yes, it was his job!

Poor misguided soul. They couldn't afford the houses because they didn't make enough money to afford them to start with, and they will never make enough money to afford them. It use to be that if you wanted to buy anything on credit, you had to come up with 20% down, otherwise the lender figured you weren't able to afford what you wanted to buy.[\qoute]

My point exactly..... they should never have been approved for those loans. It was a easy way out, a 0 down loan.... got anyone into a house. The banks started giving these bad loans that should NEVER have gone through. You really should watch this show http://www.cnbc.com/id/28993790/ - It is called House of Cards. You would probably find it very interesting.

There is NO REASON why this should not have been regulated and STOPPED....
Chi-Ching
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:You know what you can do with the Koran...don't you?
If I answered that this thread would turn into a "I can't believe he said that" and a religous war so I will pass on the answer to that.

ImageImage
nuke

Post by nuke »

PurpleKisses wrote:Depends on what you believe. Self starting a reason to go to war seems like a selfish thing to me but what do I know? Especially when you start a 'war' with one country of someone you and your dad have been 'buddies' with for years and then moving on to another country that had nothing to do with the initial war.....not saying saddam didn't deserve what he got, just saying it was done under false pretences, cost us alot of our economy, thousands of innocent soldiers lost their lives, bush got rich, we "found" oil and Osama bin Laden is still free (but that was all coincidence, right?) =D= Yeah, go bush! #-o =;
You are beyond ignorant if you think that we "found oil" in Iraq and that Bush made money off of it. We have not taken a single drop of oil from Iraq and Bush has been out of the oil business many years before he decided to run for president. You think Bush made money off of Iraq? Please tell me you are not that f*cking ignorant. Better yet, why not tell us exactly how Bush made money off of Iraq?

People like you scare the hell out of me. You should not be allowed to vote unless you have at least a very basic understanding of politics and world events.

You say Bin Laden is still free? Do you think Obama will get him? Obama is a f*ucking sick joke and he was put into office by ignorant, misinformed people such as yourself. Can you tell us in your own word just ONE thing Obama is doing that will help catch Bin Laden? Or ONE thing Obama is doing that will help our economy? You can't.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Blather all you want about the war on terrorism, it is all BS. Not liberal propaganda, anyone thinking the Iraq war did anything positive for democracy is the one being bamboozled. There are currently more dictatorships and oppressed peoples than you can shake a stick at...why did we need so badly to go after Sadam? http://www.parade.com/dictators/2008/ take your head out of the sand, my little ostrich republicans. It was the oil. AND WE DIDN'T EVEN GET THAT! If Summer were in Iraq, nobody would care about her views, they would shoot her on site. Just like they would any of us. We are not wanted there, and we should not be there...yellow cake...pshaw. Was not very news worthy, must have been a pretty small amount...

If I cried every time Bush squandered our tax money, I would have turned to dust from dehydration.