The Obama Economy...

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

Re: The Obama Economy...

Post by chris »

LOL... we can always count on Connor for the TRUE movie reviews.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Desi wrote:I don't know if any of you ever tried giving food to people who beg for money here.Most of them get pi$$ed off,lol
There's this couple just outside of Calhoun,she's on one side of the street and he's on the other side.They're always smoking!
Now how come they can afford cigarettes if they can't afford food???You can buy 3 burgers for the price of one pack of marlboro!!!
There are groups of "homeless" people in Santa Cruz, CA (an extremely, over the top liberal town). They literally "work" the streets. We over hear their conversations about who is going to take this corner or that corner and when the next person should take over. Santa Cruz has a number of programs to feed and house these homeless leeches. They aren't looking for money for food - it's the liquor, cigarettes, and probably drugs. During my single parent years, there were times I had to sell books to buy groceries. Once my daughter put a teen magainze in the cart - I told her she could have the magazine but she would have to pull one food item out. I could have tried to get welfare help but that is not me - I work and earn what we need.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

In 2000 I was working 40 hours a week ,making the enormous amount of 400 dollars a month.I was raising two kids by myself,and had to live in someones attic for months until i found something to rent (for more than I made a month,housing in hard to come by in holland,16 million people on a piece of land 1/4 of the size of Fla),while my lazy drunk ex husband got wellfare to pay his mortgage while he was home sick (read:getting drunk).
I was told I'd be better off on wellfare,I told them thanks but no thanks.
Imho,in 5 years,things will be as scr3wed up in this country as they are in most of Europe,unless people start realizing "change" isn't always the best thing.
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Desi wrote:And I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
Also welcome to emotional reasoning. Why do you think that 'storyteller mode' is used so much in partisan politics, advertising, televangelism, etc., to carry cognitive distortions and logical fallacies directly to the emotional part of the brain? Because emotional reasoning is biased reasoning.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

In the future, I'm afraid we are going to see more homeless people, as the divide between the social classes grows wider.
One percent of the people in this country hold 90% of the wealth. I hope they are honest people, because they could do a lot damage if they are not!
Ok, so I'm a southerner who isn't a Republican, nor Democrat, what does that make me? #-o #-o
I say bring back the Federal ticket, an I'll run for president!
May I have your vote? :lol: :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

You've got mine!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Thank you Cora!! Colonel is my pick for Vice President!!!

Desi, I think O'Bama's campain slogan, "time for change", was describing cents.
We just didn't get it at the time. :biggergrin: :biggergrin: :biggergrin:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Colonel would be a great VP!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

bama wrote:Ok, so I'm a southerner who isn't a Republican, nor Democrat, what does that make me? #-o #-o
I say bring back the Federal ticket, an I'll run for president!
May I have your vote? :lol: :lol:
I will vote for you because you are like me except I am a westerner not a southerner.

Emotional talk is just away to talk to people you don't think are very smart. You are not treating them as an equal you are expecting them to fall for the emotion. If you respect someone you just lay out how it is and allow them to judge and decide on their own.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!