New Car Anyone?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

New Car Anyone?

Post by Red Dragon »

Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
chris

Re: New Car Anyone?

Post by chris »

So if thats true, and I'm sure its not so far fetched.... what will they do with all those cars? I mean, wouldn't they already be gearing up to make the 2010 models now? Remember when we were kids and our parents would buy a car but would have to wait 2-3 months to get it. Maybe the car companies should start moving back towards that way of selling the cars.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

They have two options, take a huge loss on those cars to move them, or stop producing cars. Either way, somebody is going to loose big time. I can say I have no plans to buy a new car for a long time, unless one of them gets totaled or something like that. It cost 35k to replace my truck, and I can't see paying that much for a truck, a duelly is 50k, and there is no way I will pay that for one.

I have a friend who works at a Honda dealership and he said they have been turning people down with 800 credit scores! :shock:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Sam

chris

Post by chris »

Red Dragon wrote:I have a friend who works at a Honda dealership and he said they have been turning people down with 800 credit scores! :shock:
Ok then, that one doesn't make sense. Thats top notch credit score. do they not have a job or something? Thats the thing, how is this econ going to get going again if the banks are not going to lend money? Makes no sense to me. This whole thing doesn't make sense to me. The bail outs, the tax breaks (yea right), the stimulis package. It's all the taxpayers money anyway. The extra $65 bucks you will get on your paycheck starting in April (only if you qualify) ... oh please... you have to pay taxes on that next April. So $65 really turns into $35 or so. I'm very nervous... we are doomed. Everything is going up in cost.. food, furniture, by summer gas will be up again as usual, soda... you name it it's going up. Ok, I guess maybe except for cars and housing.. that seems to be dropping. But who didn't expect that in the housing market. They were asking WAY to much for homes that in reality were not worth that much. It's insane, er it was. And people were paying it... that the part thats even MORE insane. sheesh.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

anyone have any thoughts on the Mini Cooper, they look like they would be a great Pekoe car, easy in, easy out.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Thats exactly how I feel Chris!!! Exactly!!!
So can someone explain WHY food prices have continued to go up??? It was understandable when fuel prices where out of the box....I understood then why everything was higher, BUT now it isn't, cheapest its been in a long time and food prices are still going up??? Can't go to the store for bread & milk without spending $50 and to feed a family :shock: Even dog food prices are getting higher. Whats up with that???

Jeff I think Pekoe would love a mini cooper......I would just hate to get run over by an SUV in one :shock:

Thanks Sweetpea!
chris

Post by chris »

hate it, wouldn't be caught dead in it. :-)
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

chris wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:I have a friend who works at a Honda dealership and he said they have been turning people down with 800 credit scores! :shock:
Ok then, that one doesn't make sense. Thats top notch credit score. do they not have a job or something? Thats the thing, how is this econ going to get going again if the banks are not going to lend money? Makes no sense to me. This whole thing doesn't make sense to me. The bail outs, the tax breaks (yea right), the stimulis package. It's all the taxpayers money anyway. The extra $65 bucks you will get on your paycheck starting in April (only if you qualify) ... oh please... you have to pay taxes on that next April. So $65 really turns into $35 or so. I'm very nervous... we are doomed. Everything is going up in cost.. food, furniture, by summer gas will be up again as usual, soda... you name it it's going up. Ok, I guess maybe except for cars and housing.. that seems to be dropping. But who didn't expect that in the housing market. They were asking WAY to much for homes that in reality were not worth that much. It's insane, er it was. And people were paying it... that the part thats even MORE insane. sheesh.
They probably had too much debt, as do most americans. You have to have 20% down right now from what I heard, or most people do. The auto industry is toast for at least a year.

Where do you get $65 from? I think it was said up to $13 per week.

Gas is going up for sure, they are about to raise the federal tax on fuel, thank you Obama! Drive another nail in the coffin why don't you!

Houses at peak were 200% over valued. Wait another 6 months to a year when they hit bottom and buy, and make a lower offer than asking price by at least 10% even then, you may get lucky. I just bought some property and offered 10% below asking price, which was low, plus they had to pay half of closing. They bit.
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

chris wrote:hate it, wouldn't be caught dead in it. :-)
Yep, and they don't look so cute sitting under a tractor trailer. :lol:
Sam

chris

Post by chris »

"Where do you get $65 from? I think it was said up to $13 per week."

OH, maybe I read that in the paper wrong.. probably $65 a month? And again, thats if you qualify.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

vicster605 wrote:Thats exactly how I feel Chris!!! Exactly!!!
So can someone explain WHY food prices have continued to go up??? It was understandable when fuel prices where out of the box....I understood then why everything was higher, BUT now it isn't, cheapest its been in a long time and food prices are still going up??? Can't go to the store for bread & milk without spending $50 and to feed a family :shock: Even dog food prices are getting higher. Whats up with that???

Jeff I think Pekoe would love a mini cooper......I would just hate to get run over by an SUV in one :shock:
It's called inflation. The only reason everything else hasn't gone up, is that most of the other things are not a necessity. Hang on to your hat, we are about to see massive inflation under these new tax rules, and interest rates are probably going to go through the roof, it's going to be just like the Carter years, only worse.
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Boy arn't you the little miss Bitcharoo today. Hmm must be the witches curse
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Boy arn't you the little miss Bitcharoo today. Hmm must be the witches curse

ummm, I'm in a good and fiesty mood today? :-) Jeff, you would look rediculas in that car... Pekoe wants a mustang convertable.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Chris, I don't live on a farm in Indiana and my biggest thrill in life is my son playing for the high school football team and my wife puts chips and a can of Coors in my lunch box as I head off to the factory every morning, then on Saturday nights we all climb into the car and head on down to A&W to show off our Mustang with the horn that plays Dixie, red dice hanging from the rear view mirror, Confederate license plate's and a sheet and pillow case in the trunk. I live in the bright lights big City (Jimmy Reed) Mini Coppers are popular in SF and getting real popular in LA, I never use to like them but now that they are becoming the in Car I have to keep up with the Jones

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Chris, I don't live on a farm in Indiana and my biggest thrill in life is my son playing for the high school football team and my wife puts chips and a can of Coors in my lunch box as I head off to the factory every morning, then on Saturday nights we all climb into the car and head on down to A&W to show off our Mustang with the horn that plays Dixie, red dice hanging from the rear view mirror, Confederate license plate's and a sheet and pillow case in the trunk. I live in the bright lights big City (Jimmy Reed) Mini Coppers are popular in SF and getting real popular in LA, I never use to like them but now that they are becoming the in Car I have to keep up with the Jones
I can see where they would be popular out there, especially SF. :lol: Us folks on the farm drive country cadillacs, for yooz city folk, thats a four door pickup truck. My Dodge Ram 2500 4 door with a Hemi, crushes your Mini Cooper. :lol:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yeah I know, your the very same idiots that run around complaining about gas prices then try to blame it on every one else, you fools support the gas companies. Except for stupity is there anything they ever do right in hooterville

Big fools drive big car, thats the only way you have to prove your a man. Sheep don't quit cut it.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Yeah I know, your the very same idiots that run around complaining about gas prices then try to blame it on every one else, you fools support the gas companies. Except for stupity is there anything they ever do right in hooterville
You better believe I complain when gas is high, I only get 12 miles to the gallon in town. :lol: Would you like to talk about my GMC 3500 Cargo Van? :lol: When you get that Mini, bring it on by sometime, I will pay for the gas to get it here. We can throw all the stuff I usually put in the truck or the van in it and head over to the farm, we might have to call a wrecker though, when it blows the tires out and is sitting on the ground on it's frame. :lol:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I don't need alot of cargo space, I don't have to carry a load of Cow Sh^t around town all day like you do. not to mention the load of Bull sh^t driving the truck.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I don't need alot of cargo space, I don't have to carry a load of Cow Sh^t around town all day like you do.
I need to haul about 10,000 rounds of ammo next weekend, do you think that Cooper could go up a hill with that in there? :lol: If you owned a gun, you could always get out and put it out of it's misery when it started coughing and sputtering. :lol: You could bring it over to the farm and we could use it for target practice, we could cut that thing in half in no time! :mrgreen:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Your not supposed to tell the world your attacking the White house. Isn't that in your farmers almanac
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

The white house is already under attack, happened Jan. 20, 2009.
Sam

chris

Post by chris »

LOL, nice... :lol:

Hey, at least I have a vibe... I might survive a small suv hitting me.
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

chris wrote:LOL, nice... :lol:

At least you can haul guns and ammo in that, you probably couldn't even get a rifle in a mini. You would have to put the rifle rack on the top and the ammo in the trunk. When return to Thunderdome happens we could just make it a law that all drivers of Mini's are allowed to get out, get the rifle down, then unlock the truck and get their ammo before you start shooting at them. :lol:

Jeff could carry a lady Smith, that might fit in there. :lol:
Sam

chris

Post by chris »

Red Dragon wrote:
chris wrote:LOL, nice... :lol:

At least you can haul guns and ammo in that, you probably couldn't even get a rifle in a mini. You would have to put the rifle rack on the top and the ammo in the trunk. When return to Thunderdome happens we could just make it a law that all drivers of Mini's are allowed to get out, get the rifle down, then unlock the truck and get their ammo before you start shooting at them. :lol:

Jeff could carry a lady Smith, that might fit in there. :lol:

speaking of that (guns) we just mailed off our apps for FOID cards..... (look out world, I'm gonna take shooting lessons) heheehehe \:D/ :D