Store Has Bone to Pick With Shoplifting Dog

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Store Has Bone to Pick With Shoplifting Dog

Post by Jeff&Peks »

This is the way Pekoe Shops, If she picks it up I buy it.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostinteres ... eedID=1080

KTLA News

February 9, 2009

MURRAY, Utah - A thief has returned to the scene of the crime after pulling off a daring heist - in the pet food aisle.

Surveillance video at a supermarket in this Salt Lake City suburb caught a dog shoplifting.

The video showed the dog walking in the front door of Smith's Food & Drug in Murray, and heading straight to Aisle 16, the pet food aisle, where it grabbed a bone worth $2.79.

The thief wasn't even perturbed by a face-to-face confrontation with store manager Roger Adamson.

"I looked at him. I said 'Drop it!'" Adamson said. "He looked at me, and I looked at him, and he ran for the door and away he went, right out the front door."
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Store Has Bone to Pick With Shoplifting Dog

Post by Dogdad »

how funny. sounds like something My dogs would do
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Smith's Food & Drug should be paying them, that family getting out of thier Hummer with thier Husky and walking into the store would make a great commercial for the store.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
cleopatra20043
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cleopatra20043 »

That was too funny! I don't think any of my dogs would do that they are WAY too lazy to walk that far for a bone hell they are too lazy to get up off the floor for treats sometimes!
Thank you Sweetpea!!

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.
chris

Post by chris »

Thats hilarious... we saw that story on the news BEFORE the owners brought the dog back in.... :-) This must have been a follow up.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Good thing that dog picked Smiths and not Vonns...that same bone would cost over $10 at Vonns. #-o