what would you do? tv show

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

what would you do? tv show

Post by janet »

Evening all.
Has anyone seen the nightline special on abc called "what would you do"?
Well, tonight the scenario was a dog locked up in a hot car. (They set it up). They had hidden cameras set up to see if anyone would do anything to help this poor dog. It was shocking to see that out of all the people passing by the car.nd hearing and seeing the dog barking, only 3 people stopped nd called 911 for help. People really disgust me more and more.
If it had been any of us I'm sure the owner of the dog would not be able to walk away. He he.
Interesting experiments on the show.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: what would you do? tv show

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I would bust the window out, been there done that. It was at Lake Tahoe, I was getting out of my car and noticed a dog panting like hell in the car next to me with all the windows rolled up on a 90 degree day, it just so happened Animal control was having an adoption event in front of one of the stores so I went and told them, one of the animal control guys followed me backto the car so we stood there for a few minutes waiting for the owner then I ask, Ok if I bust the window, he said sure go for it so I broke the widow out with a lug wrench he reached in and took the dog back to the event. don't know what happen when I came out of the store the owner hadn't returned they still had the dog so I left. A few years latter It happened again at the mall but no animal control around so I called the police, Can I brake the window? sure go ahead, my what fun busting car windows it tends to relieve tension I could do that all day.

If you don't have a cop or animal control around thats a 911 call, the police take that as seriouse as a kid left in a car. If your to cheap to call then get a store manager or Barney the security guard.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: what would you do? tv show

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I watched it and was surprised too. I thought more people might help the dog than the baby. We have police officers at work for security and I saw a little dog locked in a truck one hot muggy day when I was going to lunch so I went inside and talked to the cop who paged the owner of the car and told him he needed to take the dog out or else. People are such IDIOTS
ImageImageImage