Disturbing note from my neighbor

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Disturbing note from my neighbor

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Yesterday I found a note in my mailbox from one of my neighbors down the street. The note, without going into much detail, said that her dog was tortured, shot, killed, then the body thrown over their fence into the backyard. The note said that her dog did frequently get out of the yard but they were trying to fix the fence to keep him in. She feels that someone got mad at the dog for running around and killed him.

I haven't seen any dogs running around other than a beagle who I always walk down to her house and let them know she's out. Her owners don't seem to care when I tell them this; they're under the attitude of she'll come home when she's done. I hope they take better care of their beagle so nothing like this happens to them. I can't imagine what that family is going through. Apparently her kids found him in the backyard :cry:

I told DH to keep a particular eye/ear on our dogs even though we've covered all of Hannah's holes and it's a 6 ft privacy fence. We always bring them in when they start barking so they don't upset the neighbors. He never believes me when I tell him people will throw poisoned food over the fence to hurt them. I hope he believes me now.

What a horrible thing to happen. Especially right before Christmas.
ImageImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Disturbing note from my neighbor

Post by fillyok »

Jeeez that's one of my biggest fears. I'm always torn about keeping my doggie door open because I know my pack would eat anything thrown over the fence. But since I work 12 hour shifts I don't really have a choice. I try to keep up good relations with my neighbors, but my neighborhood has started going downhill lately. Someone was messing my vehicle gas cap and they stole a UPS package (Nintendo) off my porch last week. Might just be a sign of the times, but I don't want my babies to suffer because some whacko's mad because he's unemployed.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Wow, be careful!! What an awful thing to happen! Take care of your babies! That is scary, and it's good your neighbor let you know about it.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I think I'm going to leave a note in her mailbox telling her how sorry I am about what happened. And thanking her for letting all of the other neighbors know.
ImageImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I bet she'll appreciate that. What a shame there are such evil people in the world.

I posted a sign on our mailbox when Tod was bitten by that snake...I hope I never see a warning about tortured pets.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

That is just horrible. I can't imagine the agony that family must be in. Just be very careful...all kinds of nuts out there. I never leave mine in the yard when we aren't home and also always bring them in at the first bark so as not to annoy anyone (even though all the other dogs bark 24/7 around here and their owners don't care that it drives me nuts :evil: ).
Just horrible. Like you said..I would leave her a note/sympathy card. It was very nice of her to warn everyone. Do you know if she called the police?
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Oh your poor neighbors. :shock: I would have my eye on all the neighbors seeing who I thought would do something like that! For sure and do be careful.
SweetPea Rocks!!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

that is very scary.theres all kinds of nuts out there.
it was very nice of her to let you know so that you can take extra care of your babies.
how very sad that these nuts pick on defenceless animals.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

how scary, I hate how cruel people can be. I would drp off a card of sympathy and thank her for the warning.
Bear's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bear's Mom »

That's why I make sure to keep Bear in my yard where I can see him.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I hope that your neighbor did report this to the police. This kind of person is potentially very dangerous. I saw on the news today about 3 18 year-olds who kidnapped a 75 year-old lady and kidnapped her, beat her up, drove around with her bound with duck tape in her own car, and it was only when a sherrif's deputy stopped them for running a traffic light that she was rescued. One of the people who did it rolled his eyes in court at his arraignment, like it was no big deal what he and his friends had done. I wonder how many animals these three monsters tortured and killed first. It's almost been proven that this kind of crime doesn't just pop up out of the blue, they start with little animals and escalate until they are caught and stopped.

I'm really your neighbor had to experience this...
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!