Chow motifs

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chow motifs

Post by Layla »

Has anyone ever found any chow chow fabric motifs that can be stitched or ironed onto fabric? I can only find stickers or magnets :? I want to make cover a logo on an apron with chows.... hopefully cream & black 8)

Any help gratefully received!
Thank you Elodie!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Chow motifs

Post by Jeff&Peks »

http://www.hotdiggitydog.com/C/chow.htm

Or if you want your Chows, take some pictures of them buy some iron on transfer paper print it out then iron away
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

WOW! That was quick. Thanks Jeff. I may try ironing their pics on... where would I get iron on transfer paper... can you tell I pretty much dropped out of sewing at school :oops:
Thank you Elodie!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

OMG,how awesome :D
that makes me want to take up sewing again!
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

You can get it at any PC store or staples, office mart , any store that sells Printing paper. its usually in the Photo paper section read the instructions carefully. You only get like 10 sheets so you might want to get 2 boxes. Its also best to brighten the colors in the pictures first but no big deal if you don't. The more detailed and color in the picture the better it looks on the material.

Gee Martha Stewart would be proud of me.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Gee Martha Stewart would be proud of me.
Sure would be!
Thank you Elodie!
chris

Post by chris »

Didn't you know...?? Your her Hero! :-)
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Layla,I'd like to order one of those aprons from you :wink:
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

What a great idea Layla. I was looking at aprons the other day and man they are high. A chow one would be perfect!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

jacqui wrote:Layla,I'd like to order one of those aprons from you :wink:
LOL! I'll let you know how it works out first!
Thank you Elodie!
bevgo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bevgo »

My mom did that and made me a purse with my grandson's picture on it. It looked great and will hold up to washing
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Layla wrote:
jacqui wrote:Layla,I'd like to order one of those aprons from you :wink:
LOL! I'll let you know how it works out first!
You could start a new business my friend, producing chow motiff accessories - he he!! Somehow I doubt your artistic skills are up to it though :lol: :lol: Anyway what do you need an apron for? Pete does all the cooking :wink:

Seriously, ask Mally, that's how she did her chow chow clothes she wore to the show we went to in Melbourne.

Jeff, how do you know about such things? Do you watch martha Stewart? :lol: :wink:

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"Jeff, how do you know about such things? Do you watch Martha Stewart?"

I have only watched Martha Stewart maybe twice in my life and at the most for 10 minutes. I don't know how I know half the things I do. . But it does sound pretty weird when I'm telling woman where to buy cosmetics and cloths and what skin care products to use. Lets just say i'm either observant, I may have been a hooker in a past life or raising a Daughter alone may have opened my mind to the insane world of the female gender.

ImageImage
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Jeff&Peks wrote:"Jeff, how do you know about such things? Do you watch Martha Stewart?"

I have only watched Martha Stewart maybe twice in my life and at the most for 10 minutes. I don't know how I know half the things I do. . But it does sound pretty weird when I'm telling woman where to buy cosmetics and cloths and what skin care products to use. Lets just say i'm either observant, I may have been a hooker in a past life or raising a Daughter alone may have opened my mind to the insane world of the female gender.
Yes, you are wierd, but yes, you must be VERY observant! :lol: :lol: :lol: =D=

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I have used Iron transfer photos with mixed results. The treat bags I made for CF07 were great. The bandanas for o8 were a pain in the tuckus. The reason? I purchased a different brand. We have a T-shirt shop a block away that does all the high school sweatshirts in the area, and team t-shirts. I can send the owner a photo digitally, or she can scan one and make a transfer on the spot. Pricey, though, for bulk things. Making just one offs is right in line with any store prices.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Rowlee wrote:[Somehow I doubt your artistic skills are up to it though :lol: :lol: Anyway what do you need an apron for? Pete does all the cooking :wink:
Flipping cheek! On both accounts! It's not for cooking, its for work 8) I have a bait apron for the puppies & figured why not have chow on my apron 8) 8)

p.s. If you want to eat Pete's cooking that is entirely YOUR choice my friend. You'll just have to sign a waiver :wink:
Thank you Elodie!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Auddymay wrote:I have used Iron transfer photos with mixed results. The treat bags I made for CF07 were great.
That they were Auddy. I still have mine
8) :D
Thank you Elodie!