LOST CHOW - Landenberg PA

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

LOST CHOW - Landenberg PA

Post by Jeff&Peks »

This was posted on K9amberalert, the post dosn't say where. Pendragwn Chow Chow Rescue is in Lancaster PA.

Please contact Jessica at jessicahalsey@comcast.net if you see her
chow Nikki. Nikki is black. Don't know if she was wearing a collar
or not but is microchipped. I wasn't able to post the photo Jessica
provided.

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:53:08 +0000

Hello PendragwnChowChowRescue:

Our female chow was being watched for us by someone who lives in
Landenberg, PA. She ran away in the early hours of Monday morning,
November 24th. Nikki is a purebreed chow, 9 year old, female,
spayed and microchip implanted. We also rescued Nikki 8 years
ago. She's very timid & shy, someone afraid of people. Do you
ever get lost chows turned over to your Rescue? If so, I've
attached a picture of Nikki. Maybe someone has seen her? We're
desperate to get her back. Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Jessica Halsey
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: LOST CHOW somewhere in the US

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I found this on Craigslist PA

Found dog in Juniata-PLEASE RED (Juniata/NE Philly)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: comm-936168665@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-27, 3:26PM EST

2 dogs found thansgiving morning. Must find their homes. tThey were wandering around the golf course on cayuga. I am not sure if they belong together because they did get into a fight. Both males. One is a black chow (no tags or chip) who was injured so the SPCA did take him in for treatment, I can provide contact info. The other is still with me because I couldn't take him to PACCA without giving him the chance to find his home. The other isyoung about 50lbs and redish tan, he is a mix with medium hair, he has sort of a boxed head and the body of a shepherd of retriever, it's hard to tell. no tags and no chip.
I need to find his home and I have an aggressive dog no where to put him tonight.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

How horrifying. I hope she finds her.
ImageImageImage
tabitha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tabitha »

I think that black chow from craigslist is Billy the Starved 2 year old Black Chow Boy in PA

Chows Chows that need a home

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12416

BILLY - Emaciated Chow Chow at PAWS/PACCA

Last edited by tabitha on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Jeff bless you for taking in that chow, I do hope you find his owner soon, Not matter what everyone says, you have a heart of GOLD =D= O:)
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

carolyn dewrance wrote:Jeff bless you for taking in that chow, I do hope you find his owner soon, Not matter what everyone says, you have a heart of GOLD =D= O:)
I think you miss read the post, i was crossposting for someone that lost a Chow and another that found a Chow

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I got an e-mail and picture from the lost Chow. When you folks in PA are out traveling to town in your black buggies keep an eye out for Nikki, Whare is Landsberg to the cities posted on PA's craiglist?

Good morning;

Neither of them are my Nikki, unfortunately.

Thank you for cross posting my information on Nikki with the chow organization. Nikki has been missing since the 24th of November, but spotted often. There were two days with no Nikki sightings and I thought I was doomed, then yesterday she was spotted all day, and I saw her once and of course, did what I shouldn't have done, called out to her and tried to catch her and she ran like a bat out of hell. She's wild now, fearful of all humans and surviving on instinct alone. I'm so mad at myself.

Anyhow, Nikki is in the Landenberg, PA area. She's a purebreed that I adopted from a woman who didn't want her because she's not show quality (too black and eyes are too leaky) approximately 8 - 9 years ago. She's older now. She's very timid, always was, and very shy. So it's even worse, she doesn't trust too many people as it is. I attached our information that we have posted for Nikki.

Thanks again.

Jessica Halsey

ImageImage