HELPING MUDDY

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Charlotte Paige
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: HELPING MUDDY

Post by Charlotte Paige »

Laurie will probably want to post herself, but ummm good things are happening for Muddy. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for Muddy
:)
My Sweet Charlotte
May 28, 1994 - July 14, 2006
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am crossing ALL fingers!! I hope it works out!!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

debraschow wrote:Milo can't believe anyone would think bad of Laurie. John, Debra and Milo are Laurie's cheerleaders. Charlotte is right, it is the coolest place for any dog, much less a Chow. They are pampered beyond belief!!! And Laurie is a Chow's best friend!!!!

Debra, John and MILO
Hi Deb-
Milo got the perfect home with you and John! I remember when you told me that his daddy had cooked him a steak when you got back, lol! What a great way to make him feel at home. Thanks for the kind words, that is what I wish people would do first, just like you did...come out here and meet us.My life is Chows. I see my own and want to help others. Milo was a tough case too. He was so depressed and now I look at your family and he is so, so happy. He was meant to be with you! I wish you all the best! I am fighting to continue my rescue. Muddy has a temporary stay with the Village. I have to find a way to keep our rescue, then Muddy can stay forever.... I
Laurie
Helping one Chow may not save the world, but it means the world to that one Chow
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Laurie, I only know you from this thread - but it is obvious that you provide a warm and loving home for chows. I admire so much the sacrifices you make for and all the efforts you put in to saving precious lives. Don't ever let petty people get you down or slow you down - you are obviously so above that.

It amazes me that anyone would hamper what you are doing - You are amazing!
Mia
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I have actually been talking on the phone with Julie lately (my car is home now TG) so I know what she is alluding to- Laurie, I understand you found a source of some of Muddy's health problems. Great news! Hopefully, things will continue to improve for this fella. I wish you the very best luck with all your furkids. At least something good happened as a result of someone being mean-spirited.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm glad some good is coming out of all this. :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

Well, whatever luanatic keeps deciding to call petfinder and pull the rescue Chows off of our site is up to it again.
Someone said "Hold my enemies closer"? Hmm. Easier said then done. Why would anyone thwart the rescue of Chows. It's called PRIDE. I am pleading to members in IL and surrounding to help save these Chows in need. We will pay for the vetting and try to help with transport, but they need a place to stay in the meantime.
Helping one Chow may not save the world, but it means the world to that one Chow
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Laurie,

If you ever need any help, ever, please email us or call us.

Debra, John and Milo
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

How's cutie Muddy? Is he doing OK?

Been thinking about him a lot - he just looked so adorable on the video. Hoping he's happy.
Mia
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Mia, thank you for asking. I actually have new stuff to post.

He is now a duck herder. He herds 24 ducks every day. No accidents!!!!!

And he has a new magic collar!!!!

Debra John and Milo
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh, I can just picture that - how adorable. I am glad he's happy - poor little guy - he sure deserves it.

What type of new collar?
Mia
muddydead
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muddydead »

Muddy's fur seems to be growing out a bit. His energy level seems better. He still likes to sleep in front of te fireplace and I have to put the covers on him at night. Debra's Chow, Milo has the "magic collar", it seems to be working wonders. And Deb, thanks for the offer of help! I cannot believe other people that say they care about rescue would thwart us rescuing. Another person in Chow rescue actually called the Bolingbrook animal control to tell them not to release Onyx to us. She would have been killed. The a/c officer said he is sick of people like this, makes them less credible since they would rather have had the Chow pts than saved. I wish that the people doing this would realize that they are hurting Chows-killing Chows and they would rather have that happen??? I will never understand that type of thinking! Pride and vendettas is what it comes down to.
That is why we are begging for foster homes in Illinois. We can pay for the vetting etc. Fighting to save these guys is hard, but throw in having to fight other larger rescues, well that makes it nearly impossible!